Robert Jones? Rahal? or Hasson & Wong?

I'm a norwood 3 Vertex scale (Never had a HT before) and I'm seriously contemplating between Dr. Robert Jones or Dr. Rahal or even Hasson & Wong. I had a consultation with Jones and he right away recommended FUE procedure with approximately 3000 grafts (which I do not think is enough). I'm scheduling a consultation with Rahal soon. I'm definitely leaning more towards FUE procedure due to fear of visible scar.

- Is Jones really that skilled in FUE technique?

- What is the procedure that Rahal is more skilled at?

I can tell you for me, I am the same 3v according to most docs right now, I consulted with Hasson and based on his not doing extractions or implanting I passed on their clinic, that may or may not matter to you. I don't know Jones at all but that doesn't mean anything I just don't know him. I like Dr Rahal a lot and he is my leading choice at the moment with Dr Diep and 2 Belgian drs. I have not made up mind between the 4 on my list but from your list I would go Rahal personally. Rahal has a lot of fue ops under his belt.

Edited by mikeyhwk

I can tell you for me, I am the same 3v according to most docs right now, I consulted with Hasson and based on his not doing extractions or implanting I passed on their clinic, that may or may not matter to you. I don't know Jones at all but that doesn't mean anything I just don't know him. I like Dr Rahal a lot and he is my leading choice at the moment with Dr Diep and 2 Belgian drs. I have not made up mind between the 4 on my list but from your list I would go Rahal personally. Rahal has a lot of fue ops under his belt.

Hate to break it to you mate, but just like Dr Hasson, Dr Rahal also does not personally do the FUE extractions or implanantation. Very few do the extractions, and even fewer will also do the impamantation. Dr Konior will do the majority of everything himself though.

If going for FUT, both Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal will cut out the strip.

I'm a norwood 3 Vertex scale (Never had a HT before) and I'm seriously contemplating between Dr. Robert Jones or Dr. Rahal or even Hasson & Wong. I had a consultation with Jones and he right away recommended FUE procedure with approximately 3000 grafts (which I do not think is enough). I'm scheduling a consultation with Rahal soon. I'm definitely leaning more towards FUE procedure due to fear of visible scar.

- Is Jones really that skilled in FUE technique?

- What is the procedure that Rahal is more skilled at?

Eliminate Jones from your list. Both Rahal and Dr Hasson are outstanding surgeons. Rahal probably produces better FUT results, but he does perform two procedures a day, one FUE and one FUT. Dr Hasson is definitely better known for FUT, and only recently started performing FUEs, so jury is still out on those. Very tough choosing between the two of them, but it also depends what you want. Dr Rahal's hairlines are the best in the business, and Dr Hasson can do a larger number of grafts in a single pass. Dr Wong is the best in the business when it comes to crown work. Consult with both and see what your gut tells you. Good luck. Also read my write-up about how I chose between the two of them.

Hate to break it to you mate, but just like Dr Hasson, Dr Rahal also does not personally do the FUE extractions or implanantation. Very few do the extractions, and even fewer will also do the impamantation. Dr Konior will do the majority of everything himself though.

If going for FUT, both Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal will cut out the strip.

I asked the lady who is handling all the communications between me and the office and she told me differently. That extractions would be done by the dr and only implantation was not done by him. I am happy to trim my list further if your info is correct. I was just going off what I was told, no first hand experience to report myself obviously so thank you for your info!. I know very few do implantation but extractions I expected the guys who charge the top rates to do more of the work. I have heard the Belgian doctors that I am considering, Bisanga and Lupanzula both do extractions if you've heard differently there as well do share, as well as on Dr Diep.

I asked the lady who is handling all the communications between me and the office and she told me differently. That extractions would be done by the dr and only implantation was not done by him. I am happy to trim my list further if your info is correct. I was just going off what I was told, no first hand experience to report myself obviously so thank you for your info!. I know very few do implantation but extractions I expected the guys who charge the top rates to do more of the work. I have heard the Belgian doctors that I am considering, Bisanga and Lupanzula both do extractions if you've heard differently there as well do share, as well as on Dr Diep.

I can't speak for Bisanga and Lupanzula, but to the best of my knowledge Dr Rahal delegates FUE extractions to his head nurse Mike. That was the practice when I was there in December. You should contact the clinic and get them to clarify. Who did you speak to? Ask to speak to Larissa.

I can't speak for Bisanga and Lupanzula, but to the best of my knowledge Dr Rahal delegates FUE extractions to his head nurse Mike. That was the practice when I was there in December. You should contact the clinic and get them to clarify. Who did you speak to? Ask to speak to Larissa.

I spoke to Tara but I will call them and ask for Larissa and try to get a definitive answer. If it is delegated to Mike that is disappointing.

I spoke to Tara but I will call them and ask for Larissa and try to get a definitive answer. If it is delegated to Mike that is disappointing.

See a post made by the clinic on a different thread:

When it’s two cases, it’s either FUT/FUT or FUT/FUE and one nurse/RN. Never FUE/FUE.

It’s always FUT/FUT or FUT/FUE. Never FUE/FUE. There are times when techs from one FUT team will assist another (if needed), say for example we harvest 6000+ FUT grafts in one session. But for the most part, they would go home.

Distinct teams. Each is an expert at one specific task; however, they are also cross-trained.

FUT - 10

FUE - 6

Yes. There are seperate distinct teams for FUE and FUT.

They specialize. Though all are cross-trained, dissection, etc.

Dr. Rahal designs hairline, makes recipient areas, etc. Dr. Rahal and lead tech with over seven years experience for graft extraction. Techs for implanting.

There is one team for FUE. They are guaranteed to get Dr. Rahal’s “A team”.

Hope this helps!

I was told by two sources that Dr. Bisanga will use technicians on some patients for FUE but he will work on special cases himself, whatever that means. I cannot confirm one way or the other but when I eventually submit my case for a consultation I'll ask.

k well that's that. Thanks for finding the info mav.. I appreciate it. Dr Rahal off the list lol

I actually really respect you insisting that your surgeon performs FUE extractions himself. I wish much more FUE patients demanded this. Unfortunately, as the majority of patients accept the surgeon delegating this task to techs, this has created a market for this practice. Dr Rahal is an outstanding surgeon and his clinic produces outstanding FUE results, yet you are still passing on him for a surgeon who will do the extractions himself. I wish everyone did the same

I was told by two sources that Dr. Bisanga will use technicians on some patients for FUE but he will work on special cases himself, whatever that means. I cannot confirm one way or the other but when I eventually submit my case for a consultation I'll ask.

ugh not again lol...I haven't heard that from anybody I've spoken to yet but I am in contact with the rep so I will confirm and post back what I hear.

I actually really respect you insisting that your surgeon performs FUE extractions himself. I wish much more FUE patients demanded this. Unfortunately, as the majority of patients accept the surgeon delegating this task to techs, this has created a market for this practice. Dr Rahal is an outstanding surgeon and his clinic produces outstanding FUE results, yet you are still passing on him for a surgeon who will do the extractions himself. I wish everyone did the same

I am actually surprised more don't. For me it is a must. I love Rahals work, so it is not a question of his results but I made the decision not to skimp on a surgery because I wanted the best. I wanted the best because of their skill and if they are less involved than the tech then what am I paying the premium for? It is the drs experience I want, their artistry, their eye for detail, their training...not some tech who learned the craft from god knows where as there seems to be no regulation that I can find that makes them qualified to do them...well if I wanted a tech I could go to turkey and find a tech for dirt cheap, your American or Canadian tech doesn't make them any less a tech, they are just a western tech lol...and that is nothing against techs, I see from Rahals results his tech is good at his job... but then don't charge me like the drs slaving away on my head for 10+ hrs a day, simple as that. The whole point of fues inflated price was it was more work for the dr, well it just seems like they're doing less and charging more... I wish more people would be as picky as I am as well.

I'm scheduled for a FUE in the near future with Dr Bisanga and this was also a critical question for me. I have been reassured by the doctor's rep that all the grafts are punched by Dr Bisanga personally, so that's what I'll be holding them to. The clinic's own documentation which I've reproduced below is also very explicit about who's responsible for what:

"Dr. Christian Bisanga has been performing hair transplantation for over ten years and personally trained his team to his demanding standards. The doctor cannot physically perform every aspect of your procedure and therefore has set protocols in place to ensure the highest standards.

Dr. Bisanga performs certain aspects of all hair transplant procedures, such as with a Strip procedure he will remove the strip from the donor area and suture the strip internally and out with a “Trichophytic Closure”. His technicians will then divide the strip into the individual follicular units, 1, 2, 3 and 4 hair units.

With FUE Dr. Bisanga will punch all the grafts from the donor, his nurse or technicians will then remove the grafts from the donor and then they are checked by other technicians and cleaned and put into relevant groupings.

With either technique Dr. Bisanga will make the placement slits in the recipient area that gives density, direction and angle and then technicians will place the grafts into the created sites. On occasion the doctor may place some grafts but this is not standard and should not be expected. Throughout the doctor monitors all aspects of your procedure, from checking the grafts before placement, to instructing where the grafts are placed in the recipient sites.

The above is normal practice for all our procedures and has been throughout BHR Clinic procedures, you can be assured of the highest care and attention is given on your big day, we understand the importance it holds for you and want to ensure your experience on the day and in the long term is only a positive one."

well this decision just keeps on making itself as I'm left with 2 doctors out of my 5 as Bisangas rep confirmed today that Dr Bisanaga will " start with punching in the donor area and extract some grafts at the same time to see if they come out easily. After that a technician will start to extract the grafts." so I am not sure if I should take that to mean he punches all the grafts but only extracts the first few or if he just punches a few, extracts same time and then hands off?...if he does all the punching that is at least a step up from some of the fue doctors but not good enough imo. I will ask for clarification but she did say he will do it all for a cost.

Dear all,

Just to clarify and as per booking document sent to patients, Dr.Bisanga will punch all of the grafts needed for the surgery, the technician will remove the grafts that have been punched as per all of our results and Dr.Bisanga will cut all of the recipient sites needed for the patient.

The confusion is in the word "extraction", which means as it is, to extract, not score nor punch the graft but to remove the follicular unit that has been punched by the doctor.

Once punched the follicular units are then extracted after punching has completed so that the out of body time is limited.‎ If more are needed then the doctor will punch more as and when needed and evident.

Clinics themselves have different terminology for extraction and often do not differentiate from punching but we do and try to be clear also in our booking forms and role of the doctor and staff that we send to patients.

Please feel free to contact your advisor if you need any further clarification and we would be happy to help.

Doctor Bisanga punched 3800 fue grafts from my face. (for my repair over 4 sessions) All the grafts were punched by Dr B

Techs follow up with tweezers and lift them out.

I have no visible signs of extractions even when wet shaved close.

Hope this helps

ej

Dear all,

Just to clarify and as per booking document sent to patients, Dr.Bisanga will punch all of the grafts needed for the surgery, the technician will remove the grafts that have been punched as per all of our results and Dr.Bisanga will cut all of the recipient sites needed for the patient.

The confusion is in the word "extraction", which means as it is, to extract, not score nor punch the graft but to remove the follicular unit that has been punched by the doctor.

Once punched the follicular units are then extracted after punching has completed so that the out of body time is limited.‎ If more are needed then the doctor will punch more as and when needed and evident.

Clinics themselves have different terminology for extraction and often do not differentiate from punching but we do and try to be clear also in our booking forms and role of the doctor and staff that we send to patients.

Please feel free to contact your advisor if you need any further clarification and we would be happy to help.

thank you for the clarification.