Need help PLEASE!!

Hello, I am new to the website and I want to thank all the people that contributed because it helps people like me. Right now I am a 23 year old man with norwood 5 hair loss i believe and I am considering having a hair transplant. The doctor that I am considering going to is Ritesh Safariya. He doesn't really have much reviews but i've been talking to their clinic and so far i like what I hear. Even though they don't have reviews you can click on the link and they have a couple of videos on youtube to show their results.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe1sXWulZvA6yZ0XIxgi4Qw

My other problem is that I don't know how much grafts I would need and since I balded at such a early age and its not stopping anytime soon I'm not sure if this is the best Idea. I do think that I have good donor area since my hair naturally is very thick. I know their clinic could do Mega sessions in a series of 3 or 4 days too but Idk how safe that is. Here are some pictures of my hair. Please let me know your thoughts. THANK YOU FOR ANYONE THAT HELPS OUT!!!

5b32ed882134e_2016-07-0219_47_16.thumb.jpg.dc1a4341550c27dd2a7a92092a5ef494.jpg

Screenshot_2016-07-02-19-55-58.jpg.b83879b80772a61f2447d94ffe7d9d35.jpg

Screenshot_2016-07-02-19-46-39.jpg.637bb48adc2ee19319e3d31a0849614e.jpg

Screenshot_2016-07-02-19-54-27.jpg.e76cb362b371c5a2a09db4d4329880ab.jpg

The best advice you're going to get here is to enjoy your nice head. If I had a head like that, I'd rock the dome.

You are probably headed to NW7 territory, 6 would be a minimum. It would be madness to transplant on a 23 year old at with that level of loss. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Enjoy your look. It's a nice head.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker you make a good point, and I love the honesty as well. Usually i shave my head but I wanted to keep it a little longer so i can have these pictures. The only thing is the surgeon showed some really good before and after. People who already had norwood 7 look much better than before.

This guy for instance

He also sent me pictures of a recent patient and it looks like he revised his whole head

he said it was around 4500 grafts

Screenshot_2016-07-02-21-23-13.jpg.c10f61ec873dbfd0506272c60db27cf4.jpg

Biggest mistake you can do is have a transplant. 23 year old heading to a NW6-7 is unwise for any doctor to consider you. If a surgeons say you are a candidate he only wants your money. Believe me you are not going to be happy and will probably think its the worst decision of your life when you see the outcome. Your donor will not be able to give you a satisfactory outcome unless you are happy with the front third of your head. At the most I would consider SMP.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators

I have to agree with what Lorenzo and Spanker said, at 23 years old your crown has dipped far down to the middle of your head, in my opinion the NW7 pattern is already developing. It's hard to tell what your safe zone is at this point.

I'll give you the reason why a safe zone at your age and hair loss is hard to predict, so this was my hair at 24 years old

WPq1Dem.jpg?1

should be my safe zone right?

well it wasn't this was me at 29 just 5 years later, you could see my crown developed in to NW6 level of hair loss. I'm afraid by looking at your crown it's going to expand more in the coming years.

5wOdbYH.jpg?1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you guys for the Replies!! it helped alot. Did you guys see that picture that i posted of the guy that basically did all of his head though? That just looked like he pretty much did his whole head even if the guy was norwood 7. But for now it looks like im gonna be a bald guy my whole life :(((

Thanks again for the replies guys. HTsoon when did you get your transplant?

• Administrators
Thank you guys for the Replies!! it helped alot. Did you guys see that picture that i posted of the guy that basically did all of his head though? That just looked like he pretty much did his whole head even if the guy was norwood 7. But for now it looks like im gonna be a bald guy my whole life :(((

Thanks again for the replies guys. HTsoon when did you get your transplant?

The guy you posted doesn't really have clear pictures, he also was NW6 not 7. I've had two transplants my first transplant was at 29 and second at 30.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

The thing is that guy was 24 and he's worse than I am. If I get the whole top done I can make get more in the future of it gets worse. How much worse could it really get? Idk maybe it's over for me and I should just accept it .

The lads gave you some good solid mature advice there buddy but to be honest myself & other's wished they had a skull like yours because that just rocks! Im not telling you to make you feel better but your noggin is really a nice shape. (OWN IT, YOU WIN)

shave it all off, get jacked up in the gym & own it of what you have got at 23 yrs old. these days chicks love that sort of stuff.

HTsoon great sample there buddy nice one.

• Administrators
The thing is that guy was 24 and he's worse than I am. If I get the whole top done I can make get more in the future of it gets worse. How much worse could it really get? Idk maybe it's over for me and I should just accept it .

To be honest I don't think that guy was worse off than you, the thing that concerns me most is how far down your crown is, it will continue to expand and if hair is taken from that zone than not only will you lose the transplanted hair but you'll see surgical scars. I've outlined the area of miniaturization which is NW7 in my opinion.

nK2RLqU.jpg?1

I'm not saying give up and accept it, i'm just saying right now it's not a good idea, because you have aggressive hair loss, and guys with aggressive hair loss need to be careful especially when they're in their 20's. The last thing I would want for you to do is to get a surgery and have it turn out bad and have to pay money to get fixed and look normal. In the future however, if you notice your pattern stabilizes and you have realistic expectations then by all means get surgery. But another thing with guys who are in their early 20's is that your expectations may be high, there is just not enough donor hair available to give you coverage and density through your entire balding area.

Hope this makes sense, again i'm not trying to be negative, I know how it feels to go bald young and it sucks, but you need to look at the long term. Down the line lets say in another 10 years if you still feel like you want hair then Hair Restoration may be an option for you if your expectations are realistic.

View my thread

HTsoon

Well said I fully agree. My concern is that he will not have enough donor in case he needed to get repaired.

Silly

You need to be on meds to see how you respond first. I agree you have a great head shape to shave your head or have SMP. Another option which you may not like is to have a high density transplant in the first two cm of your hairline and sides. Then have a hair system in the back. But in order to do this you need to find a doctor that is capable of doing high density (50-70 CM) and I don't think this doctor can do it.

The most unnatural part of a hair systems is the front and the sides. I have seen people that have had surgery only in the front and rest with a system and as long as the density is good in the front it looks quite natural.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I agree with all the advice given above. At the age of 27 I had a full head of hair and by around 33 I was a NW6. You may be headed to a NW7. The problem with the YouTube video posted is that it only shows the front view which I agree looks good. But a good honest surgeon would show all of the scalp to show how the rest looks. It's likely he was quite thin behind that hairline. There's no way 2500 grafts could give him good coverage. My advice is to wait until your 30 then reassess. Start Finasteride to prevent you from losing more hair. The worst thing you would want is to have a good frontal half but if you end up NW7 then have a really big bald back and crown, especially if you can't then shave it all if you have a big scar at the back

No I wont do that but thanks for the suggestion

no worries but you do have the head shape for it though..

I think the classic nw 7 case is raymond van barneveld. he obviously got hes hair transplant amd didn't think he would progress to a nw7 and now he's left with some sort of hairline with a massive balding crown. so now he shaves it off to a length where you can't see he's scar on the back of hes head. I bet if he had the chance to go back in time and not do it he wouldn't of got it done. just goes to show how hair loss is unpredictable..sometimes.

Thanks everybody, this forum truly is filled with great people. This is depressing as hell though knowing that I'm going to be bald my whole life and I lost my hair when I was 19. Anyways I guess I gotta rock what I have, you guys are right though it's way to early for surgery and who knows what will happen to my hair in the future so I should take this risk. I was going to do an fue so that I don't have scars but ya it's too late. Also when I was referring to the surgery I had an attachment pic from a surgery that this person recently has done where the guy was nw6. I appreciate the feedback and thanks everybody

Thanks everybody, this forum truly is filled with great people. This is depressing as hell though knowing that I'm going to be bald my whole life and I lost my hair when I was 19. Anyways I guess I gotta rock what I have, you guys are right though it's way to early for surgery and who knows what will happen to my hair in the future so I should take this risk. I was going to do an fue so that I don't have scars but ya it's too late. Also when I was referring to the surgery I had an attachment pic from a surgery that this person recently has done where the guy was nw6. I appreciate the feedback and thanks everybody

I wish you the best mate.

This is depressing as hell though knowing that I'm going to be bald my whole life and I lost my hair when I was 19.

I disagree with you. You are 23 by the time you are 43 there should be hair cloning and multiplication maybe even earlier. Although initially it will be pricy it will happen.

• 2 months later...