Is it possible to do the extractions and implantation on 2 different people?

Let's say someone has a really weak donor area but they have a sibling who has very good hair and is happy to 'donate' their grafts to the other. For simplicity sake let's say they are 2 brothers with the same parents.

Is it possible and feasible to extract the grafts from one brother and implant them into the other brothers reciepient area and for it to be successful? Or would the grafts be rejected?

Rejected. As the DNA would be different. It only works for twins. It won't work say if you want to give your donor hair to your younger sibling

In theory this is only possible between identical twins. Dr. Charles performed a procedure on twins a few years ago but I don't recall seeing the final results.

Revolutionary Hair Transplant (Donor Hair Taken From Twin) Restores Hair to Teenage Cancer Survivor: Dr. Glenn Charles

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Jus think, if it did work, my two brothers neither of which had MPB, could have donated some grafts for me!...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

This can only be done on identical twins. I performed a FUE ARTAS procedure from one identical twin to the other identical twin a few years back and the results were very impressive. In fact , we did a second case later that also was very successful .This can be viewed on my website www.charleshair.com You can physically take hair from one individual and place them on another but the hair will not grow as it will be seen as a foreign object and attacked by the immune system.

This can only be done on identical twins. I performed a FUE ARTAS procedure from one identical twin to the other identical twin a few years back and the results were very impressive. In fact , we did a second case later that also was very successful .This can be viewed on my website www.charleshair.com You can physically take hair from one individual and place them on another but the hair will not grow as it will be seen as a foreign object and attacked by the immune system.

Thanks Dr Charles - that is very interesting about the identical twin brothers.

You say the hair will not grow and be attacked by the immune system if it's not identical twins - has this been tested and has a procedure been carried out between say an older and younger sibling to prove this?

Cloning cells will be easier one day. The value of money equity might be holding up progress. :D

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Someone emailed me about this thread and asked if anti-rejection meds would help prevent the body from rejecting another individual's hair follicles. Since I am not a doctor, I have no idea however my premonition tells me no. It certainly would be interesting to know Dr. Charles thoughts on this...;)

Still, who would want to take anti-rejection meds for a HT procedure?...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY