7 Months Post Surgery | Shedding Hair All Over

Hi guys

I have recently crossed the 7th Month mark.. and I have started shedding quite a bit of hair (all over the head) since a month. I researched and found that I am suffering from telogen effluvium : temporary and reversible hair loss phase cause due to stress and weather change.

Please watch the complete update video here: https://youtu.be/K7CHllEv0GA

Visit my YouTube channel for my complete HT Journey here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaB5IXaXWZZU9I9ZtkNYHQ/videos

hi , I think what you are experiencing is not due to stress or climatic changes , its more to do with the blood supply on your recipient sites , I have had 2 friends who went through a similar shed and loss of density at around 14 months post HT , and they have never regained their amazing HT result they had prior to the 14 months , its got a lot to do with bloody supply , Stress as we all know is an eternal part and reality of this Modern world and there is NO ONE who escapes from stress , if that was really the case then almost all would be bald including women , the stress that really causes it is NOT Mental stress but stress due to surgery where the body have to cope with tremendous repair within the tissues .

HT shed after a while is 100 % due to poor blood supply !

Could also just be the hairs shedding naturally...

Like 10 percent is meant to be in a dormant phase, so a 50FU/cm hair transplant will really only be 45FU/cm, making a minor difference when everything settles in.

Can you show solid data that weather has anything to do with hairloss.

I get the old stress thing but weather? Hmmm not convinced.

yeah I'd be interested in seeing the data regarding weather also out of curiosity.

I get that major stress can be a factor contributing to temporary thinning along with illness.

And maybe an argument could be made for jetlag in your case.

Not that I'm doubting your doctors diagnoses of the condition I'm not a physician and have zero real knowledge on the topic just curious is all.

hi , I think what you are experiencing is not due to stress or climatic changes , its more to do with the blood supply on your recipient sites , I have had 2 friends who went through a similar shed and loss of density at around 14 months post HT , and they have never regained their amazing HT result they had prior to the 14 months , its got a lot to do with bloody supply , Stress as we all know is an eternal part and reality of this Modern world and there is NO ONE who escapes from stress , if that was really the case then almost all would be bald including women , the stress that really causes it is NOT Mental stress but stress due to surgery where the body have to cope with tremendous repair within the tissues .

HT shed after a while is 100 % due to poor blood supply !

You could be right. But I know for sure that since my HT in November; this is the first time in the last two months that I've been stressed from work. So it could be what you explained, or could be what I explained in my video. Only time will tell. I hope it's temporary though.

Important thing to note is that I am loosing hair all over my head; NOT only transplanted hair. Which wasn't happening earlier. In your theory, i believe only transplanted hair is lost.....??? Just curious.. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------

Visit my YouTube channel for my complete HT Journey here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaB5IXaXWZZU9I9ZtkNYHQ/videos

Edited by vinaymieux

Can you show solid data that weather has anything to do with hairloss.

I get the old stress thing but weather? Hmmm not convinced.

yeah I'd be interested in seeing the data regarding weather also out of curiosity.

I get that major stress can be a factor contributing to temporary thinning along with illness.

And maybe an argument could be made for jetlag in your case.

Not that I'm doubting your doctors diagnoses of the condition I'm not a physician and have zero real knowledge on the topic just curious is all.

I am no doctor, I just speak from my experiences. I know my hair I believe more than my doctor even. My hair had recently (during the travels) become very frizzy, dry and unmanageable.. due to which more hair was been pulled out while styling. And that happened because of weather; I know that.

Since my transplant in Nov last year; i was not loosing hair (almost nil) and recently right 1 month after 10 times increased stress from work; i started shedding like crazy... so I kinda know what to blame this on.

But then again; only time will tell. Till then, I can only think and believe the reasons in front of me.

I would really like inputs from other people who ever had this problem after their transplant and if hair that's lost comes back or not.

Please share. This is killing me.

I've also heard from a few others that they shed more hair during a particular "season". I am not sure if there is really such a thing as "seasonal shedding" in humans, but google it and you'll see similar stories from many people. I too have been noticing some extra shedding in June compared to other months, my hair quality is also worst during this time. It slowly gets better. I don't know if it's my mind tricking me or if there's really some science behind this :D

Hi

Firstly thanks for your great documentation regarding your procedure and I have to say your result at this stage is excellent I can't belive there aren't more comments regarding this result as for the number if grafts used your result is as good as any iv seen before! !!

Seasonal shedding is very real spex has an in depth thread on it on here also stress does cause hairloss it's a well know proven fact,it causes lots of different things in lots of different people so both these could be the reason,

I think you will be absolutely fine, just wait it out I'm sure it will be temporary but don't get down on what is a tremendous result,try and enjoy your hair not worry about it!!

I've also heard from a few others that they shed more hair during a particular "season". I am not sure if there is really such a thing as "seasonal shedding" in humans, but google it and you'll see similar stories from many people. I too have been noticing some extra shedding in June compared to other months, my hair quality is also worst during this time. It slowly gets better. I don't know if it's my mind tricking me or if there's really some science behind this :D

This is exactly what's happening to me.. bad hair quality an more shedding. Glad to know another person with same issues. Gives me relief that this could definitely be temporary. There are a lot of theories which aren't proven medically but hold true from person to person. So we cannot ignore that.

Hi

Firstly thanks for your great documentation regarding your procedure and I have to say your result at this stage is excellent I can't belive there aren't more comments regarding this result as for the number if grafts used your result is as good as any iv seen before! !!

Seasonal shedding is very real spex has an in depth thread on it on here also stress does cause hairloss it's a well know proven fact,it causes lots of different things in lots of different people so both these could be the reason,

I think you will be absolutely fine, just wait it out I'm sure it will be temporary but don't get down on what is a tremendous result,try and enjoy your hair not worry about it!!

Thanks for all that buddy. Gives me a lot of confidence. Yes, I have stopped worrying about it for now and just enjoying my hair.:D

• 3 weeks later...
How's it going, has the shedding stopped ?

No, shedding continues. I can see the volume decreasing mainly in the front sides. My work stress has also increased.. don't know if that's why shedding hasn't stopped.

No, shedding continues. I can see the volume decreasing mainly in the front sides. My work stress has also increased.. don't know if that's why shedding hasn't stopped.

Stress do cause hairloss but it's temporary! Are you on any medication?

Fin and Minoxidil do cause shed in the beginning..

Do keep us updated and stress less because hair is more precious!!

Stress do cause hairloss but it's temporary! Are you on any medication?

Fin and Minoxidil do cause shed in the beginning..

Do keep us updated and stress less because hair is more precious!!

I am taking finasteride but it's been 7 months. So that is surely not a reason. Stress is the reason and I know that. Trying hard not to take stress. But life...