17 month update

Mick50

Quick up date showing my 17 month 5 day point ,I realise they are not the best quality pics taken on my mac webcam but at least they are like with like comparison ,I will show better pics with hi def cam at the 18 month mark .

As you can see i will need a second one for full coverage in the crown , I have quite a large head so there was a lot real estate to cover ,[4200 FUE] , I hope these pics can offer some reassurance about FUE only growing for the first 12 months then falling out for whatever reason as it has been suggested , if anything my hair seems to be thickening up especially in the crown area where I had some grafts placed,

First pic is 3 month 5 day post [ugly duckling] second one taken yesterday 10th june 17 month 5 day post op.

Will show hairline pics in 3 weeks just thought i'd show top down result as they are the most revealing, from the front it doesn't look as as if I have any hair loss at all

just added third pic which was taken with hi def cam at the 14th month mark will use that cam for 18 month update

5b32ed276fe6f_Photoon10-04-2015at06_36.thumb.jpg.4a368b60fa4e410b133cacbfee7f2c83.jpg

5b32ed2795538_Photoon11-06-2016at12_066.thumb.jpg.0e63facae90ef1c5810a31365ef258cb.jpg

DSC_0488.thumb.jpg.86aebc2b9d959f25b0bfc25e78d5f6be.jpg

Edited by Mick50

Nice results. Great hairline. What does it mean when you say FUE growing for 12 months and falling off? Who did your surgery?

He's talking about recent posts where people have been suggesting that after a period of good growth after FUE , for some reason this has ceased and reversed to an extent after the year mark .

I'm sure Mick will correct me if my assumption is wrong .

I've heard of a few incidences where this has been reported , but thankfully they're few and far between as far as I'm aware . Although I'm sure that's of no consolation to the people who've experienced it .

There doesn't seem to be any hard evidence as to why it may happen , although I've seen it mentioned that the blood supply to the affected areas may have diminished and therefore insufficient for graft survival .

Nice results. Great hairline. What does it mean when you say FUE growing for 12 months and falling off? Who did your surgery?

Thanks spyk777,I went with longevita Dr Resat was the Doc ,but he just drew the hair-line the techs/nurses did the work all I can say they were obviously experienced and professional.

He's talking about recent posts where people have been suggesting that after a period of good growth after FUE , for some reason this has ceased and reversed to an extent after the year mark .

I'm sure Mick will correct me if my assumption is wrong .

Exactly right Chris39, I seem to remember a few cases where this happened something to do with the nature of FUE and blood supply post 12 month mark but thankfully it doesn't seem to be too common

Regarding next surgery Chris probably early next year but to be honest I will be more cautious than the first ,definitely a case of blissful ignorance ,the question is do i try to add density to the front and [hair greed] and risk shock loss to transplanted hair or take the safer option and just transplant from the mid-section where its slightly weaker into the crown

One part of me thinks at 53 a thinning crown is not so bad considering my starting point on the flip side having the crown filled in would be amazing .

Dr Resat said 2000 grafts would be enough to finish the job that seems about right to me

I'm considering Dr Yaman will send him some pics soon.

Thanks again Chris

just to add some of you might ask why not go back with Dr Resat since the transplant has been a success, the worry for me is would the same techs be doing the job ,if so i will consider going back there, they do max 2 patients a day so not like some tech clinics in Turkey where they knock out 6-7transplants a day ,will keep you all posted .

Thanks a lot voxman ,I am very happy ,I must admit my hair situation was beginning to get me down , I will present some better pics in 3 weeks ,look forward to your updates

Great results!!

Looking forward for better pics in three weeks time!

Thanks Rawkerboi ,yes 3 weeks time will be the 18 month point I've always seen full maturity of a hair transplant as being closer to 18 months rather than 12 months ,,it's by no means perfect but as a NW 5-6 It's a big improvement, I will use a digital cam for 18 month update

I'm going to need a second round, be interesting to get peoples opinions on my donor hopefully be able to steal another 2000 grafts.

Looks like a really big improvement. Happy for you, congrats.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 5 months later...
I want to do hair transplant surgery please give me a guide for surgery

If I understand the question, you want to HAVE a hair transplant, not DO a hair transplant. :D (unless you are a Doctor...LOL)

Look at the top of this page you are on - click on HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS and you will find a wealth of information to start you on your journey. That will give you your 'guide' to begin with.

It's all about research - the more you know the better prepared you will be!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.