Dr Koray Erdogan consultation experience London May 14th 2016

Dr Koray Erdogan consultation experience London May 14th

Just thought I'd share my experience yesterday with Dr Koray Erdogan and some of his team who were in London this weekend for consultations. I had the latest appointment (6:30pm) and by the time I arrived they were running a bit behind. All in all they landed up being about an 45 mins behind schedule, but I didn't mind too much. While waiting I got to see a previous client who'd had HT about a year ago (he looked great) and to speak with Sevinc to answer so questions. It was also interesting seeing the others there.

I have to say all the team were very friendly (Sevinc, Alex and two other ladies) and when I finally got to see Dr Koray Erdogan I was greeted by a big friendly smile and handshake. Having had a disappointing consultation with a UK surgeon a few years back, I was very happy and relieved that Dr Koray Erdogan was so warm and friendly. Anyway, once in the room with Dr Koray Erdogan he checked my donor area/density of my hair. He said I had really good hair and a very good donor area. I think he calculated I had a donor capacity of approx 8100 grafts. I think he said my hair was 50 microns. He did note a few other things technical things about the hair and the procedure but I didn't have a chance to note the info down. In terms of grafts, I was pleasantly surprised. Based on the pictures I'd previously sent over, I was told I would likely need around 3200 grafts. Having examined my hair in person, he revised this down to 2700 grafts, which is good as it means I use less of my donor area but also it will save me approx 1,000 GBP (1,250 Euros) too. Overall he was very positive and felt that given my hair quality and density he would be able to achieve a very good result.

I certainly left feeling very positive and keen to book. Thinking about it today the nerves are kicking in sightly at the idea of booking and confirming (which I'm sure is very common) but even so I think I am pretty certain I want to go ahead with Dr Erdogan. I just need to find at time that works in terms of taking time off from work. I'm thinking mid-Sept at this stage. :cool:

It's normal to be a bit nervous about going ahead with a hair transplant ,a bit strange if you weren't,

I personally think you are doing the right thing and going ahead with Dr Erdogan and not here in the UK ,

given your hair-loss situation I think you will get a great result .

That is normal Justjax.

I am sure you feel more comfortable meeting him first then paying for the surgery against not meeting him, paying for surgery and meeting the doc on the day of your surgery.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks, you are both right. My biggest issue now is finding a suitable date. I was all set in my mind to get booked in for mid-Sept but appears its a national holiday in Turkey 11th-15th Sept which the exact week I was considering. :( I have emailed the clinic to get some dates..

Edited by JustJax

I understand and can relate to those nerves. Just focus on that new head of hair. You'll be in great hands with Dr. Erdogan. Keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey JustJax,

Your making a good choice with Dr Erdogan. I had a HT almost 6 months ago with him and my hair has now thickened up to the point where I'm very happy with it, and I've still got 6 months of thickening to go.

I traveled all the way from Australia for an initial consultation first then returned a month later as I was impressed with his professional manner, surgery and staff.

I am afraid my expereince with K Erdogan not been very good. Must say not seen him face to face but exchanged emals and my photos. Being a NW6-7 he completly refused to offer me any treatment options. Looking at the cases that been undertaken by him, most of them appear to be easy, I mean low grade hair loss with good donor hair.

My feeling is that he does not take challenging cases. Being a doctor myself, the one with good skills and expertise would like and be keen to take cases which have been refused by less skilled ones. Therefore, according to my standards, He is not very skilled and highly talented as regarded by this forum.

On the other side, Dr Bisanga happily saw me here in London and had a very good and productive consultation with him. He conducted a professional assessment of my hair density and the best possible options to restore my hair.

I will have my procedure done with him in late August and update you all accordingly.

sultsay

I am afraid my expereince with K Erdogan not been very good. Must say not seen him face to face but exchanged emals and my photos. Being a NW6-7 he completly refused to offer me any treatment options. Looking at the cases that been undertaken by him, most of them appear to be easy, I mean low grade hair loss with good donor hair.

My feeling is that he does not take challenging cases. Being a doctor myself, the one with good skills and expertise would like and be keen to take cases which have been refused by less skilled ones. Therefore, according to my standards, He is not very skilled and highly talented as regarded by this forum.

On the other side, Dr Bisanga happily saw me here in London and had a very good and productive consultation with him. He conducted a professional assessment of my hair density and the best possible options to restore my hair.

I will have my procedure done with him in late August and update you all accordingly.

Oh Dr Koray Erdogan is skilled, very skilled indeed. He has created new techniques and methods. Notably the one-step extraction and recently long hair fue extraction and the long hair implanter pen (he is the first surgeon with this method). He has thousands of happy patients, ton of results posted online (showing every NW category) and happy patients posting their experience with him.

Dr Erdogan does not offer body hair transplant which may be one of the reason he refused you. Everyone knows, NW5 and 6's have limited donor. Sounds like your exceptions from undertaking an hair transplant are not realistic.

Your only option is using body hair like the way Harin has done (not worth it in my opinion). There is another forum member, Rashid35, who is also NW5/6. One of the best FUE surgeons in the world, Dr Lorenzo, refused him. Says a lot really.

Below is the reply i got when i sent my first set of photos,

Dear Mr.Rashid,

Thank you for your interest to our clinic. Dr.Koray examined your photos, according to his opinion, you have very large receding area and your donor capacity is not enough to perform this operation for you.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

I have since sent a second set of photos without flash but even if they decide the same i respect that.

I have had 3 in person consultations and have been told i can have a hair transplant.

When i look at pictures of some people who doctors have done a hair transplant on they look more worse to my case and i ask myself how is it they refused me but treated them !

I do sometimes feel reputation worry may get in the way of dealing with more challenging cases as well as patient disappointment.

Below is the reply i got when i sent my first set of photos,

Dear Mr.Rashid,

Thank you for your interest to our clinic. Dr.Koray examined your photos, according to his opinion, you have very large receding area and your donor capacity is not enough to perform this operation for you.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

I have since sent a second set of photos without flash but even if they decide the same i respect that.

I have had 3 in person consultations and have been told i can have a hair transplant.

When i look at pictures of some people who doctors have done a hair transplant on they look more worse to my case and i ask myself how is it they refused me but treated them !

I do sometimes feel reputation worry may get in the way of dealing with more challenging cases as well as patient disappointment.

As far I understand your situation Rashid; you have had an consultation with Dr Alexandra who has recommended to use meds in order to strength your donor and to see if the meds will help growing any new hair. I also read Dr Alexandra said you can have transplant with 2500 grafts. 2500 grafts is not enough for your hairloss. Which is exactly what Dr Erdogan said and so have others. This is from reading your thread

Not trying to put you down Rashid. It is difficult working with such a compromised donor. And it is very easy to believe you will have thick flowing hair. Transplanted hairs will never be like native hair. I encourage you to carry on taking fin; it works well for donor hair. As I found out

Yes to be honest i'm taking what the doc said from my first set of pictures with a big pinch of salt. This was my fault i didnt know and used flash and had them taken from above level.

the second set of pictures tell a different story as no flash was used and they were taken at normal height.

Regarding Dr Alexander you are right but he said i can have 2500grafts but he also said after 1 year I can have another.

Whatever the case i have seen people having over 2000 grafts and it makes a big difference.

So for me a front hair line and some coverage for the rest would be a big improvement to where it is now.

I used to worry about future loss but no one knows for sure and if it did come to that then i would just buzz down and know atleast i gave it a go.

The hair line will eat a lot grafts to frame. Behind it, if the grafts are spread out to give some coverage it be great. 2500 grafts in the first strip sounds good. The thing is, the second strip you can't really guess how many grafts will come. Most of the time it is less than the first strip but can be more. That is with good donors. So you are definitely going with Dr Alexander?

Not sure yet as i have seen other recommended docs in person and they have said they can get more grafts from the first ht.

I'm deciding who to go with, price, travel costs, fue/fut etc.

I had consultations with Dr. Alexander, Dr Shelly Friedman and Dr. Keene. All three of them are well reputed in the desert.

I chose Dr. Keene as she does the 2 day surgery and got 4100 drafts. Both Dr. Alexander and Dr. Friedman prefer smaller surgeries and hence my choice to go with Dr. Keene. Being a Norwood 6/7, needed the larger session...

Edited by David - Moderator

Thanks all for the encouragement. I think I'm going to get it down in mid Oct. I was hoping to do it sooner but combo of public holidays in Turkey and work commitments mean I'll have to do this after the 2nd week of Oct. Little annoying as I was hoping to have some nice growth by the time I went back home for Christmas. Anyway it's not the end of the world.

Rashid, as far as your comments, I don't really know enough about his full body of work to comment on whether he does avoid the more challenging cases. However the more challenging case are just that and thus if a surgeon thinks he can't achieve a result that both he and more importantly, the client is happy with, then it's better to turn that person away.

Sure there will always be surgeons that will do the procedure. Some surgeons perhaps take a different viewpoint and maybe believe that an improvement can be made while others no doubt would encourage someone to proceed purely for their financial gain. As much as it would frustrate, I would have more respect for someone who turned me down and said that I didn't need a procedure or that they couldn't achieve the result I was looking for.

Finally, I believe you have had three in person consults and all suggested you could have a HT. You may very well find that an in person with Dr Koray might result in a different assessment. As I noted above, based on my original email and pictures the team suggested 3200 grafts but on seeing me in person this was revised down to 2700 so clearly it's always going to be best to get an in person consult to get a through assessment.

Yes to be honest i'm taking what the doc said from my first set of pictures with a big pinch of salt. This was my fault i didnt know and used flash and had them taken from above level.

the second set of pictures tell a different story as no flash was used and they were taken at normal height.

Regarding Dr Alexander you are right but he said i can have 2500grafts but he also said after 1 year I can have another.

Whatever the case i have seen people having over 2000 grafts and it makes a big difference.

So for me a front hair line and some coverage for the rest would be a big improvement to where it is now.

I used to worry about future loss but no one knows for sure and if it did come to that then i would just buzz down and know atleast i gave it a go.

Hey rash , please have a look into the option of just buzzing down if things don't work out , with your dark skin tone you will have white dot scarring and the transplanted hair will be coarser in texture comparing to the native hair that remains and this is pretty obvious when your hair is buzzed down . If you are prepared to buzz your head have you not considered some smp or a combo of smp+fue ?

Just jax , get In touch with Ers B , he's just at his 9 months mark and his ht is looking brilliant . I met him in London whist I met with dr Koray he's on here and has some videos on YouTube a really helpful guy and he'll give you all the recent information you require regarding your imminent visit to the asmed clinic

Just jax , get In touch with Ers B , he's just at his 9 months mark and his ht is looking brilliant . I met him in London whist I met with dr Koray he's on here and has some videos on YouTube a really helpful guy and he'll give you all the recent information you require regarding your imminent visit to the asmed clinic

Thanks wibbles180, I already follow him on Instagram and YouTube, so I'll be sure to reach out. What time did you see Dr Erdogan in London? I had the last appointment of the day at 18:30. I saw a guy who had his HT a year earlier and it looked great. Not sure if he's on the forum or not.

Hey rash , please have a look into the option of just buzzing down if things don't work out , with your dark skin tone you will have white dot scarring and the transplanted hair will be coarser in texture comparing to the native hair that remains and this is pretty obvious when your hair is buzzed down . If you are prepared to buzz your head have you not considered some smp or a combo of smp+fue ?

I never seen fue scarring and white dots, thanks for the info pls post pictures or send me the link

What number buzz down on a clipper can cover the dots?

I never seen fue scarring and white dots, thanks for the info pls post pictures or send me the link

What number buzz down on a clipper can cover the dots?

Let it be strip or fue, there will always be scarring! My personal opinion is if your donor is good. Dots or a strip will not be seen. If you allow the donor to grow for length. Shave the donor, both will be seem. In dark skinned patients, white dots or a strip (depending on how short you cut, both will be visible). Just google 'fue scars in south asians'. My dots are visible if I do a grade zero.

Thanks wibbles180, I already follow him on Instagram and YouTube, so I'll be sure to reach out. What time did you see Dr Erdogan in London? I had the last appointment of the day at 18:30. I saw a guy who had his HT a year earlier and it looked great. Not sure if he's on the forum or not.

Hey mate , I was 4pm on the Saturday . Please keep us updated of your progress re booking and payment etc , I'm hoping to schedule for January 2017