Which is True? 3rd Series

There are so many hair loss myths today. We'll help you sort through them to find the truth.

Here's the 3rd in our series. Can you guess which is true?

MatchPrezShave.jpg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

I don't know !

Regarding the 3rd one people say shave your hair it will grow back thicker ?

One thing i have noticed is when hair is fluffy or fine and it is shaved when it grows back it appears to grow back differently like beard hair ?

Is combing hair with a normal plastic comb bad for hair or good ?

Also is washing hair with shampoo everyday good or bad as it takes out natural oils from the scalp ?

Lastly is sweating from the scalp good or bad ?

Thanks, i just want to check if these things are fact or myth !

• Administrators

Shaving your head increases density is the BIGGEST MYTH ever, the reason why this is a myth is that the hair is unable to layer on the scalp which makes it easy for light to reflect off of the scalp and making you look balder.

The only time I believe it's acceptable to shave, is when the miniaturized hair no longer grows, so it only makes sense to cut the sides to make it match the top, but in no way shape or form does this increase visual density. In fact when hair is in the beginning stages of miniaturization it looks much more dense when grown out then it does when its cut short, when it's cut short you can actually see the miniaturization.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

ANSWER: There's never been a bald president of the United States.

And based on the looks of this election season, that trend is likely to continue! (:

Thanks for playing, guys! 'Till next time!

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

You should have quantified in your first post that you are talking specifically about US presidents, as there has in fact been plenty of bald presidents. There is a world outside of the US.

America's Baldest Presidents: A President's Korner Slideshow

There has been bald presidents. I have trouble understanding what the point of these questions are when the facts are wrong.

Once again I ask you if you are affiliated with a clinic it should be posted on your signature.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson