~2600 FUT Grafts with Dr. Path, 8 April 2016

hey! great results, how much was the grafts per cm2? 30?40?50?

Thanks! To be honest, I didn't quite take note of the surface area. But I think my hair is naturally fairly thick, so it helps to give an illusion of density.

Can i ask why you chose fut over fue?

Yeah sure! I think three reasons.

First is the price. As far as Dr. Path is concerned, FUE is about 2-3 times more expensive per graft. Secondly, I think it was his recommendation that we go FUT to harvest more grafts in one session. Thirdly, I had the feeling he preferred to do FUT in general anyway, vs. FUE. :P

• 1 month later...
Ah, how is your scar now? Could we see a pic of that?

Hi ConfusedRose, sorry for the radio silence, I've been swamped for the past couple of months. I'll try to get you some shots of the scar but I'll have to get my wife to help me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi friends! I'm sorry to have gone AWOL, has been busy enjoying life with a full head of hair. A picture says more than a thousand words, so here's my update as of 1st June 2017 (59 weeks and 5 days post-op).

e5FKAwv.jpg

I'm using Finasteride (5mg cut into 4 pieces) once daily and Rogaine twice daily to maintain existing hairs.

Fantastic progress! That being said, are you going to see Dr Path for a review or .... Dare i say, round 2?

I might go back sometime next year to patch up my temples, under certain angles and lighting conditions I can still discern a slight bareness.

But my wife and my friends tell me that's completely unnecessary, they can't see anything wrong with my hair now :P

that's completely unnecessary, they can't see anything wrong with my hair now :P

And neither can I! Great result and I am sure you are very happy. You should be.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Hi friends! I'm sorry to have gone AWOL, has been busy enjoying life with a full head of hair. A picture says more than a thousand words, so here's my update as of 1st June 2017 (59 weeks and 5 days post-op).

e5FKAwv.jpg

I'm using Finasteride (5mg cut into 4 pieces) once daily and Rogaine twice daily to maintain existing hairs.

im sure I speak for many here, we are all happy for your progress!

I am considering Dr. Path as well for FUT.

Question, is your hair diameter very thick and is your hair density abundant too?

im sure I speak for many here, we are all happy for your progress!

I am considering Dr. Path as well for FUT.

Question, is your hair diameter very thick and is your hair density abundant too?

Hi friend!

Being of Oriental descent, I think my hair diameter by nature is considerably thicker than those of either Caucasian or African origin (One Source).

Unfortunately, when it comes to density, mine is not particularly dense. In fact, I would consider it slightly below average amongst other East Asians.

But the 'thickness' (diameter of the hair shaft) makes up for it, and I think in my case gives it an illusion of density.

Is the 5mg finasteride prescribed by a local GP?

That seems the more cost effective way to go.

My primary care physician prescribes the generic 1mg version but that still costs more.

Until I discovered you don't need a prescription for meds across the causeway..... :D

What can i say...... M'sia boleh :P:P:p

Is the 5mg finasteride prescribed by a local GP?

That seems the more cost effective way to go.

My primary care physician prescribes the generic 1mg version but that still costs more.

Until I discovered you don't need a prescription for meds across the causeway..... :D

What can i say...... M'sia boleh :P:P:p

Hey there! I actually bought mine from an online pharmacy, saves me a ton of money and I have no issues with it so far. I'll PM you the site ;)

• 5 months later...
Hey there! I actually bought mine from an online pharmacy, saves me a ton of money and I have no issues with it so far. I'll PM you the site ;)

Hey I hope this message managed to find you, It's been 6 months since your last update. Has much changed?

Hey I hope this message managed to find you, It's been 6 months since your last update. Has much changed?

Hi Rinaldi!

9jXRtQz.jpg

This is me today! I believe it has been 611 days, or 87 weeks, or 20 months since my procedure with Dr. Path.

Its been a crazy, complete success from my point of view. Although my temples still look a little sparse under direct light, but nothing too obvious so I'm not too bothered when I look into the mirror.

Will I consider a second procedure with Dr. Path to patch up the temples? Sure! But maybe when I am in a lull period at work. Right now things are crazy, but nothing some confidence from having a full head of hair can't help.

• 5 years later...

Hi thank you for sharing all these progress to us. I have a similar loss problem in my FUT CUT AREA(5months now), and it really worry me, may I ask How is your scar area going now? Do the hairs grow all back? Thank you very much