Video Demo Patient - Dr. Ron Shapiro's Result of 2321 Grafts/4825 Hairs

We are presenting a patient of SMG who had his ht performed at an ISHRS regional workshop for their informational video. We flew a local patient down to Florida for the event. We were under time constraints so the session size could not be above average size. For the demonstration, Dr. Shapiro tried to harvest enough grafts to make a cosmetic difference and make the trip worthwhile for this patient while keeping to their timeframe. Patient is thrilled with his results and is taking ht meds to hold onto his native hairs.

Dr. Ron Shapiro Result of 2321 Grafts - 4825 Hairs

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Looks good. He really looks radically better in each after comparison shot. Classic boost from a great framing of the face.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Wow. The hairline is so natural. Looks fantastic!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Good meeting up with you in Amsterdam too. It was a fun place to visit.

I'm working on the video and will try to get a link to it soon.

Janna,

Not to sound corny, but SMG from the pictures posted on this and other forums, excel at producing significant cosmetic improvements that greatly improve your patient's quality of life rergardless of their hair characteristics. What would you say is your clinics biggest driver of success. I swear no on paid me to say this-LOL.

As SunTzu once said, "Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

SMG has this down...

Thanks M1A1. We really appreciate your comments.

Hmmm, off the top of my head, the biggest driver for SMG's success in producing happy patients is that each patient/surgery is viewed on individual basis. And making sure first and foremost their goals are realistic. Our doctors' mission has always been to produce the most natural results possible.

TC17,

I don't have immediate post op pics but I have 10 days post op pics when patient came in to get his sutures removed.

10dayspostop1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Here's a portion of the video ISHRS put together -

It features our patient Brad who is post op 9 months from his procedure of 2934 fut. Dr. Ron Shapiro is also interviewed regarding hair restoration.

Then there's Rob from before and after pics above who is our demo patient for the video.

http://i296.photobucket.com/pl...a0001/NewProject.flv

Janna,

Fantastic results. It truly impresses me how such a natural and subtle change can lead to such a dramatic appearance change just by proper framing of the face.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Janna,

Concerning my question, well said...Individualism is definitely a key when you are talking about someones looks. I mean an HT will affect someones looks for many years to come, this is why you go to one of the best in the world-if not the best in the world...This way you have a much higher probability of success. Moreover, can you define SMG's definition of a patient's realistic expectations. From my previous post, do you have a picture of the other side of your patient?

As for the ISHRS video, I thought it was fine, but on my computer Rob's hairline was not visible. It seemed like it was cut off through out the video. Janna, do you think it is my computer settings? Or maybe the ISHRS people need to go to the H&W & SMG School of Video.

Thanks

You're posing some tough questions. Will try my best to answer...

A realistic expectation would be - "I have hairloss and I want to improve my current situation". An example of an unrealistic expectation might be - "I have hairloss and I want it restored to when I was 17 yrs old". or "I'm a nw4-nw5 but I have enough donor to be fully restored in one session ". That person might be headed to nw7. And with hairloss you don't know how extensive a hairloss you'll end up. There are many other examples.... One person's "realistic expectation" will very likely be different than the next perso so we just try to be all on the same page with realistic and reasonable goals to their hair restoration.

As for the other side of Rob's result - the pic was taken but when it came down to uploading it from the camera to his chart, the pic was blurry so it was not downloaded. Sorry about that. If he stops by soon, we'll take another set of pics.

Janna,

I have the same problem Mia is having when viewing the video. The patient's hair was cut off which made seeing the actual result on video impossible. Frankly, I find it funny that the video crew didn't show the patient's hair in a hair restoration video.

Other than that, the video was great!

Bill

Janna,

Again, very valid points. This is why one must research the HT process and the doc/staff to strive for the highest possibility of success. Plus a have good understanding of what the illusion of density is and how it will create a natural cosmetic improvement.

Best.