Body Hair (FUE)

Hi,

I am a NW6, I have had Scalp micropigmentation which is very good. But I'm considering overlaying it with FUE. With costs + limited donor, I would be getting a medium density at the frontal 1/4 which would gradually get thinner towards the crown, and it's likely that I'd leave the crown empty of hair. My hair would also be kept very very short. I feel a FUE transplant would help to improve things by reducing glare on the scalp, adding texture and darkness, so should better stand out in varying lighting conditions......

With donor being limited.....I was curious about how effective body hair is at achieving a good result, such as how it looks and how well body hair is accepted when transplanted into the scalp? Is there even any cost advantage/disadvantage to it?

I would say that my leg hair is most similar to the hair on my head in both colour and thickness of strand. My limited chest hair is quite corse as is my beard.

As I would be shaving my hair very short - I guess the look of body hair on the scalp would not be so much of an issue.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

The limitations of body hair are the potential disadvantages as it can be very unpredictable. Growth cycles, curvature, and caliber are some variables that differ with body hair transplantation. Consider slowly approaching this as a solution to future hair loss, however, a test of beard hair could be beneficial.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

"MrGio" is correct, its and issue with caliber as well as other considerations. Beard hair is becoming more popular with some. You would certainly need a face to face consultation with a reputable FUE surgeon to safely explore these options. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think if your considering BHT you really need to be picky about who you choose. It takes more than experience with FUE to get good results due to the many variables that exist. As you describe it you may be a good candidate. From what I know beard hair is almost always the first choice. Consider at least looking at Dr. Umars work if you haven't already.

Dear Mr. Baldbadger,

Body hair can be a wonderful source of donor when the scalp donor is reduced. Beard and chest tend to have the highest survival rates and even if the hair is different than the scalp hair it makes little difference when cut very short, to a #1 guard or so. Eventually the body hair can change growth cycles to be more in tune with the normal scalp cycles as there is evidence that body hair changes, even if slightly, over time once transplanted. It tends to grow longer and the texture and experience subtle changes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

All sounds good but I would approach this on the understanding that there would be no guarantees.

Check out Lorenzo and Bisanga as I've read somewhere they've done a fair

Amount of this type of work.

Sammi