Am I a candidate? How many graphs?

What results can I expect? I feel like it's early enough but am really worried about doing FUE, especially in terms of immediate scars/scabs/red marks and transition period. Am wondering how good of results I could get and if t is worth it. Completely new to this and all help so greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e09fe1225f4120e03cd66fe0bb4f431.jpeg

image4.thumb.JPG.de653201e48d547b0730db1819bb62a6.JPG

image5.thumb.JPG.5ba60de9b85a97126ec172e4687c9965.JPG

image3.thumb.JPG.fc33bdd23cd60b6c0663a7fa1fef6f75.JPG

image2.thumb.JPG.c4379a84b6d4047fc2c19ccbd585f241.JPG

image1.thumb.JPG.b638488c1f91e8a7980cfa1f8fd0e711.JPG

Yeah, I would recommend meds. Rogaine at a minimum but I would recommend finasteride. You have a lot of hair left to save that doesn't look like it'd going to be around long without it. I recommend shaving your head and seeing if you like it or medsomething, but you do not look like a great candidate at this time due to shocking out as much as you will gain. You may be able to strengthen your hairline without dropping it but you wold need to stay out of the back for now.

The good news is that without meds, in 5 years enough of it will be gone that you can plant in it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Shock means wheno you first get a HT, the trauma from the incisionstreaks can knock out your weak native hair. Now, it may come back, but it it is on its last leg it may not. So my worry for you is that you have enough weak native that you would not see a huge cosmetic difference. Your hairline may could get reinforced, since it looks high enough for a transplanted hairline on a higher norwood. I am 37 and have had very good results on fin with nour sides, but it iseems a personal decis ion to take meds, so that will be up to you. I think it is really the only good option today to keep your hair. HT just replaces what you lost. If you have infinite donor hair, then that would be enough, but since you don't, keeping what you have is really important.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Approach this carefully. Try meds first and see how it goes for sometime. You do not want to get shockloss in recipient zones. This can happen when a surgeon implants in and within your native hair area. Especially, if they try to do a high level density placement even when you have native hairs in that zone. In any case, if you feel you need a restoration, you should get consult from surgeon like Dr Konior or any well experienced surgeons that do critical surgical aspects of surgery. Safety and careful planning will be extremely important. I would think you will at least be looking at 1500 or more grafts. This can all depend on the caliber and texture of your hairs.

Are you considering FUT or FUE?

I see. Thanks for the response. What exactly would shock out? And are you saying that I would be able to add to the front, just not the back? I'll look into the meds I suppose.

Try generic propecia (finasteride) and if you get side effects, just stop and side effects will go away.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Try generic propecia (finasteride) and if you get side effects, just stop and side effects will go away.

'Might' go away. 'Will' is not the correct choice of word.

On April 11, 2012, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced changes to the professional labels for Propecia (finasteride 1 mg) to expand the list of sexual adverse events reported to FDA as some of these events have been reported to continue after the drug is no longer being used (note that erectile dysfunction after stopping use of these drugs was added as a known event in 2011). The new label changes include:

A revision to the Propecia label to include libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders that continued after discontinuation of the drug.

Source : Questions and Answers: Finasteride Label Changes

'Might' go away. 'Will' is not the correct choice of word.

On April 11, 2012, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced changes to the professional labels for Propecia (finasteride 1 mg) to expand the list of sexual adverse events reported to FDA as some of these events have been reported to continue after the drug is no longer being used (note that erectile dysfunction after stopping use of these drugs was added as a known event in 2011). The new label changes include:

A revision to the Propecia label to include libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders that continued after discontinuation of the drug.

Source : Questions and Answers: Finasteride Label Changes

'Might' - I don't buy that. 'Probably' will go away

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

It doesn't look like you have a lot of hair loss however, from what I can see in the pictures it appears that your hairline is receding you still have the majority of your hair. If that's the case, most likely hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine won't do a whole lot for you in terms of restoring the hairline but, it can prevent further progress a if that's the case, most likely hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine won't do a whole lot for you in terms of restoring the hairline but, it can prevent further progression. From your response it doesn't look like you are real keen on using nonsurgical treatments due to the potential side effects.

That said, you may want to consult with a quality hair restoration physician to see if you are a good candidate. That will depend on your age, your family history of hair loss etc.

Best wishes,

Bill

'Might' - I don't buy that. 'Probably' will go away

'probably will' and 'might' pretty much have the same meaning. The word 'will', on the other hand, means 'certain'.

If you do not 'buy' what's on the label revised by the FDA, then some people might call that behavior delusional.

FDA is warning you that you might become impotent forever. Is it worth the risk - Just for hair? To me, it is not.

Approach this carefully. Try meds first and see how it goes for sometime. You do not want to get shockloss in recipient zones. This can happen when a surgeon implants in and within your native hair area. Especially, if they try to do a high level density placement even when you have native hairs in that zone. In any case, if you feel you need a restoration, you should get consult from surgeon like Dr Konior or any well experienced surgeons that do critical surgical aspects of surgery. Safety and careful planning will be extremely important. I would think you will at least be looking at 1500 or more grafts. This can all depend on the caliber and texture of your hairs.

Are you considering FUT or FUE?

Am considering FUE. But it seems like most people here are saying its a no go.

Am considering FUE. But it seems like most people here are saying its a no go.

You have to weigh the pros and cons of each and see what best suits your own individual needs. FUE does require a lot of skill and it may be worthwhile to evaluate a surgeons FUE surgical protocol.

That is,

-is the surgery personalized for you and are you the only ptient for the day?

-if you need lots of grafts in excess of 2000 grafts, can you have the surgery in 2 days instead of one? This concern is real especially if your grafts are going to be out of body for a couple of hours, you do not want extracted grafts to die or be useless for implantation

-is the recipient area filled with existing native hairs where the grafts will be inserted? If so, a careful thought to density should be considered to prevent shockloss.

-is a tech goingg to be extracting or performing surgical extractions as part of the surgery? Some folks prefer a doctor doing surgical aspects of surgery including fue extractions due to the experience thy may have and it is a surgeons procedure, not a techs.

-does the doctor have bad cases for fue? What about cases that had donor issues from patterns of extractions?

-will the doc offer to touch you up or refund you if they fail to deliver or leave you hanging?

-i can keep going

But it is good that a surgeon carefully listenes and does everything in benefit and for the safety of a patient. Grafts are priceless and so is time. You do not want to end up wasting money and time if there are issues with a surgical protocol.

Please analyze carefully and make a solid decision. For anything you feel uncomfortable with, with a particular doc, is enough to consider another doc to get the job done. Surgery and results are projected by numerous surgeons to be top notch and so forth but again, not many can hit home runs most of the time. It is very important to evaluate lots of fue results with your caliber and texture of hair, along with your pattern of loss to guage how successful a surgeon can be. If anything, see if you can meet non clinic presented existing patients of surgeons in person.

I really hope the decision you make answers your restoration goals and i really wish you the best.