Vitamins/Hair Growth Aids

I am currently 3 weeks post op and am looking to maximize both my hair and health benefits and looking for a vitamin regimen to go along with the Propecia and Vitamin B prescribed/recommended by Dr. Wong. Would anyone be willing to share? Also I have repeatedly seen a product on several blogs that I am not familiar with (MSM). Can someone enlighten me?

I am currently 3 weeks post op and am looking to maximize both my hair and health benefits and looking for a vitamin regimen to go along with the Propecia and Vitamin B prescribed/recommended by Dr. Wong. Would anyone be willing to share? Also I have repeatedly seen a product on several blogs that I am not familiar with (MSM). Can someone enlighten me?

to clarify, msm won't help your transplanted hair grow faster. it MIGHT help your native hair grow quicker.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Abe,

vitamin B 50 or 100 complex (meaning all of Bs combined) is good for your health overall. some docs believe that it helps maintain hair healthy and supplements your diet.

so yes i subscribed to that theory also. one tablet of B50 complex and one tablet of vitamin C 500mg and two 1000mg of MSM is on my menu for the past 6 months.

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.co...cts/supplements.aspx

vitamin B50 complex that i use

vitamin C that i use

MSM is also good for your joints and muscles...Besides propecia,(proscar), minox,..there is nothing else that has been clinically proven to grow hair faster, or regrow lost hair...All the vit and minerals you need can be found in a healthy diet. Some vit. and minerals are water solubale, (like vit c), take to much and your body will flush it out..Some are sored in the fat,( vitamine E), take to much it it will build up in the fat cells, which can leed to other medical problems...Vitamins and minerals are no different than prescription drugs..Know what you are taking and why....Self medication can be a time bomb...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

MSM can be purchased all around the world and it is one of the most popular vitamins. All brands make MSM like Solgar, Health Aid etc. In my case I think it help hair growth a bit and definitely nails growth

i also take a B-100 Complex 3 times a day with meals giving me a total of 300% total recomended daily allowance, B vitamins are water soluable so the dont stay in your system all day hence me taking 3 times a day to keep a nice amount

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by kaounis:

MSM is also good for your joints and muscles...Besides propecia,(proscar), minox,..there is nothing else that has been clinically proven to grow hair faster, or regrow lost hair...All the vit and minerals you need can be found in a healthy diet. Some vit. and minerals are water solubale, (like vit c), take to much and your body will flush it out..Some are sored in the fat,( vitamine E), take to much it it will build up in the fat cells, which can leed to other medical problems...Vitamins and minerals are no different than prescription drugs..Know what you are taking and why....Self medication can be a time bomb...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Kaounis got it right with this answer...

More from the peanut gallery...

I'm not highly educated, Atomic, but what I have gained in knowledge, I have gained through experience and many mistakes...If I can help someone else not make the same mistakes...why not? It cost's me nothing...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery..

Kaounis got it right with this answer...

I agree with part of this but realy there is no right or wrong answer, yes vitamins A,E,D all store in the body so you can overdose on those so be carefull. and also what you say is partly true about there being everything you need in a balanced diet but the fact is in this day and age its hard to get a selection of all the vitamins we need in a day as not everyone can eat that way, also cooking, microwaving food can deplinish some vitamins, and its the B vitamins that we focus on realy, there isnt many foods that will give you a full days need of Biotin for e.g. so suplimenting on a B-Complex can help, however it realy is a personal choice you will have to make as some people will say vitamins are not needed and some say they are, all i know tho is taking a B-Complex isnt going to do you any harm so you may aswell take it to be sure your getting what your body needs

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily