I had my FUT/FUE combo study transplant yesterday at Shapiro Medical!

Beebz

Great experience all around, I was nervous as hell of course but the tech staff, Dr Ron Shaprio, Dr Josephitis and everyone else involved made it so much easier. They created one half of my hairline with strip and the other half with FUE. I"m extremely happy with the hairline they came up with as well and the work looks really clean as far as I can tell. I was relaxed the whole time watching movies and/or listening to music while they doctors and their staff did their thing. They took a ton of pics so maybe Janna sometime when she is online can show some of them. I'm back at home today now and feeling pretty good, the strip scar doesn't feel too bad and the recipient area honestly feels great, that saline spray really helped a lot. I believe they got roughly 2300 grafts, just wanted to share with everyone! I"m looking forward to the coming months to see the progress

Yes I"m very excited to how it progresses, I know they have 1 or 2 more signed up for the study but I"m not sure if they post here or not. They still have a few spots open so if others on this board want to take the plunge and get a transplant from top notch doctors with a huge discount we can follow them as well :)

Is there any update on this study? I remember hearing about it a while back.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I'm also curious as to how the grafts were distributed. If it was half on one side and half on the other I would think it could look odd if the density/growth was different between FUT/FUE?

Edited by BadBeat

I'm also curious as to how the grafts were distributed. If it was half on one side and half on the other I would think it could look odd if the dentist/growth was different between FUT/FUE?

it has to be half and half, otherwise how are they going to be able to compare the FUT results against the FUE. I would guess the risk of looking odd is the downside to being part of the study for a significant discount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...