How does a Norwood 6 tell if he's on the way to 7?

• Administrators

If the crown has expanded to half of the donor area, if the lateral humps show miniaturization and thinning if the side temples have receded and show a lot of thinning then most of the time you can assure Norwood 7. Can you post pics?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Did you ask to check of you would be suitable for a hair transplant but worried about more hair loss?

From my pictures I was told i probably end up norwood 7 in about 10 years and basically do nothing regarding treatment.

I'm thinking if i could get ht and what i have lasted say 10 years then I'd still be happy just buzz it down after if it came to that.

Looking at peoples heads on the street i noticed different norwood 7's not all are the same but they have the norwood 7 hair loss.

I mean i have seen people with the lateral humps in place but the rest norwood 7.

Best to get in person consultation and they can check.

The doctors in the field know what to look for but there is no certain way to know when and if it will happen.

Another thing to look at is close relatives and family if they have the male pattern baldness but even then you cannot be certain you will be affected in the same way but it is more likely.

If the crown has expanded to half of the donor area, if the lateral humps show miniaturization and thinning if the side temples have receded and show a lot of thinning then most of the time you can assure Norwood 7. Can you post pics?

here are some pics, not my house I swear I"m not that messy lol

IMG_20160412_173125455.thumb.jpg.6de9b3d5b8dd26f3279c61e28b72d639.jpg

IMG_20160412_172943105.thumb.jpg.8265ba13a7f5ed7d8aa1400f316085ad.jpg

IMG_20160402_153015043.thumb.jpg.da1567f8ec2347714d7ba6505468a695.jpg

IMG_20160412_173131236_HDR.thumb.jpg.ad6f31b295e5a98861ded1c702e0302f.jpg

Have scalp analyses. The only way to know is to keep monitoring the density.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If you've already been diagnosed as a Norwood six, I suggest comparing your hair loss against the Norwood scale which shows what kind of hair loss a class 6 and class 7 experience. If you have any areas of thinning in the lateral areas, the area above the occipital ridge, the nape area (the area immediately above the neck) and/or the temple region, you may be on your way to a class 7.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Basically, if you are a NW6 then you need to consider your age. If you under 40 and a NW6 then that increases your chances of being a NW7. Look also at your family history, on both sides, and see if there are NW7's in your genetic past. If the outline of your pattern of loss has a weak demarcation where then this too indicates that miniaturization is continuing. Your use of medication can also determine the final outcome but if you are simply looking for answers regarding the genetic probability then these are the points that you should consider.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

There is someone who lives on my street the dad is norwood 7, the next 2 sons over age 40 have no hair loss at all then the next son full norwood 7 age 38.

I have seen many familes like this. I just don't get it!

My dad and brother norwood 7. I'm norwood 6 age 35 years, i don't know,

Some doctors saying i will be norwood 7 some saying my hair loss has stabilized?

Limited donor, retrograde alopecia, may go norwood 7 what to do wait around and have no treatment or go ahead have a ht then deal with any further loss, if any and God knows in how many years!

• Administrators
There is someone who lives on my street the dad is norwood 7, the next 2 sons over age 40 have no hair loss at all then the next son full norwood 7 age 38.

I have seen many familes like this. I just don't get it!

My dad and brother norwood 7. I'm norwood 6 age 35 years, i don't know,

Some doctors saying i will be norwood 7 some saying my hair loss has stabilized?

Limited donor, retrograde alopecia, may go norwood 7 what to do wait around and have no treatment or go ahead have a ht then deal with any further loss, if any and God knows in how many years!

This is very interesting to me because balding does not run in my family, I've been told I have a great uncle that was bald but I'm not sure as to what extent, my father tells me he was never fully bald only thin on top, my grandpa lived to his 80's with Norwood IV hairloss. So then how is it that I'm Norwood VI at age 30, it just does not compute. I've had several doctors state I don't have a Norwood 7 pattern and that is highly unlikely I should progress to Norwood 7. But there is certainly a lot of fear instilled online that suggests that every Norwood VI that's not on finasteride will progress to a VII. When in reality Norwood VII is not as common as Norwood V and VI. I think if you have family members who have that level of hairloss be cautious, but even guys like me with zero balding in immediate family that's still alive can experience extensive hair loss.

My theory is that we all process the MPB gene differently, that's why guys like my dad are almost 60 Norwood II and guys like me 31 Norwood VI, the sensitivity to DHT I believe varies from person to person thus medication efficacy is different for everybody, the more aggressive the hairloss the more sensitive you are to DHT the less effective medication will be this is what I've seen at least. That's why finasteride works so well on only minor balding because the sensitivity to DHT is low therefore the 70% decrease in DHT can stop hairloss altogether and even grow hair back, whilst young guys who are destined to be very bald still experience hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is very interesting to me because balding does not run in my family, I've been told I have a great uncle that was bald but I'm not sure as to what extent, my father tells me he was never fully bald only thin on top, my grandpa lived to his 80's with Norwood IV hairloss. So then how is it that I'm Norwood VI at age 30, it just does not compute. I've had several doctors state I don't have a Norwood 7 pattern and that is highly unlikely I should progress to Norwood 7. But there is certainly a lot of fear instilled online that suggests that every Norwood VI that's not on finasteride will progress to a VII. When in reality Norwood VII is not as common as Norwood V and VI. I think if you have family members who have that level of hairloss be cautious, but even guys like me with zero balding in immediate family that's still alive can experience extensive hair loss.

My theory is that we all process the MPB gene differently, that's why guys like my dad are almost 60 Norwood II and guys like me 31 Norwood VI, the sensitivity to DHT I believe varies from person to person thus medication efficacy is different for everybody, the more aggressive the hairloss the more sensitive you are to DHT the less effective medication will be this is what I've seen at least. That's why finasteride works so well on only minor balding because the sensitivity to DHT is low therefore the 70% decrease in DHT can stop hairloss altogether and even grow hair back, whilst young guys who are destined to be very bald still experience hair loss.

Agree the more i look at my cousins and wonder why some have been affected while others have not.

My dads younger brother is norwood 7 and he has 3 sons guess what they all have full, i mean full hair, no hair loss not even receding.

Yes i agree it's a difference of sensitivity to dht...

(maybe there are other things which could be involved at the same time)

• 4 years later...