Feller Patient 1 Year progress

PGP,

Yes, I do post on here using my name and address for business reasons.

And I agree that many come on here for direction.

But you come on here for neither.

You seem to want to give direction, and that's perfectly fine by me because I personally think you are quite well informed and articulate when offering education and insight, but if you are going to do so then I think you should use your real name to not only get the accolades you rightfully deserve for sharing your time and knowlegde; but also to show that you are willing to stand accountable for what you state publicly- as we doctors do daily.

I think you will find it more rewarding to guide and educate newbies as yourself rather than an alias. Who knows, if you become good at it it could become a paying gig for you like it did for Bill.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thana,

I went through my records of November 2006 and cannot find a patient on whom I performed 4,077 grafts as reported by JohnS in one of his posts back in 2007.

I found a bunch of patients who were supposed to have 3,000 grafts and perhaps he's one that I was able to extend to 4,000 grafts on the day of surgery but I can't verify that without more information from him.

Perhaps JohnS can PM me with his identity so I can rule out that he is OMG or any number of other anonymous people who harrass me, my patients, and my colleagues?

I tread carefully, as I enter my opinion on this patient. But, despite my care, I shall still be honest.

Primarily, Dr Feller, please let me express my complete respect for you and your outstanding work. I have a HT date planned shortly, and despite that fact that I have ultimately chosen a different doctor, it was a hugely difficult decision between him and yourself.

Also, whilst if I was the patient in question, for sure I would undoubtedly feel huge elation with the results of this HT. His situation has improved dramatically, and the framing of his face will now, no doubt fill him with much confidence and happiness. The fact that he and yourself, also have further plans to continue his restoration, will surely also be a point of much excitement.

My one concern however, would be that with the great success in density of the transplant, Im not sure from the supplied photos, how "stand alone" this HT is. Again, I doubt that this causes any concern to the patient whos appearance is undeniably much improved. Its just a feeling that arose to me!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr Feller all this because I dont endorse PRP at this time.

I dont need additional funds I DO THIS FOR FREE.

Out of the kindness of my heart.

That in itself should have you kissing my feet.

Just understand not everyone is going to agree with you or like a result from you.

It happens to all doctors

Wow Come back from day at Disney land and it all kicks off.

1st things 1st, Petro_P since month 3 no 2 months have been same and think there`s more coming in.

Vince, Dr at time said about 2k left but could be edging upwards to mid 2ks. I haven`t considered dying it, however my ex wife never stops nagging me to hit the just for men. Just to explain we have cancelled the divorce since the proceedure so she seems impressed.

Thanks to everone else for taking time to comment, good or bad.

For the record I`m very happy with results so far given I`m another proceedure and at least 2 years away from a definitve result, and given the area to cover/graft ratio I have modest expectations. My experience is that I would happily recomend Dr Feller, the reason I have posted is to help others make informed judgements.

Well thats much appreciated Dr. Feller! Thank you!

Compliments to yourself on the outstanding work that you perform, the reputation that you have rightly gained and I for one, find it hugely respectful that you take the time to personally comment on many cases here. I also feel that your passion and often strong reactions, are refreshing!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr. Feller or Norwood6guy,

I agree with Raphael84 in that I think the front looks nice, but I do not like the pattern if this were a stand alone procedure. In fact, I have never seen a man with a balding pattern like that before. My question then is was a second surgery discussed and decided upon prior to this surgery? Norwood6guy, I'm happy that you're pleased with your result. Ultimately that is all that matters. You definitely look improved from the front, and I am sure with a second pass you will look even better.

As Norword6guy was saying:

"I haven`t considered dying it, however my ex wife never stops nagging me to hit the just for men. Just to explain we have cancelled the divorce since the proceedure so she seems impressed."

It's a sure sign that a transplant was a huge success when it saves a marriage! icon_biggrin.gif

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1st - IMO, the result looks great. If you see the post op and 1 year follow up you'll see that this transplant was 100% a success.

2cnd - If John is doing something bad, just slander Dr. Feller, i think he should be a man to post his name and info, but i can't tell he is, because Dr. Feller has not present the topics or facts that John is here to slander him.

I've been on this forum for quite a while, and i'm not American, but seriously, Dr. Feller doesn't look like someone who deals right with criticism. I'm not saying he's right or wrong on this one, i'm just giving my opinion based on recent conflicts between him and posters.

And this position makes guys think like, oh lord, now i can't say this HT is bad cause he can put a detective after me...

I would be glad if you Dr. can present us the topics where John is slandering you, for us to clarify this situation.

Aska,

I appreciate the kudos on this case. I also think it's an excellent result. His plan and result is no different than that which I executed for my own transplant.

With respect to rational and respectful criticism, I have no problem. Snide comments that are supposed to pass for criticism from anonymous posters raises red flags for me and deserve the rebuke I give them.

To me, no one should say anything on a public internet forum that they wouldn't say in the actual physical presence of the people involved. Far too many people post things they know very well that they shouldn't simply because they know their anonymity will protect them from accountability. At least, that's what they intially think. I've already caught a few posters who thought they were anonymous and boy did their attitudes change when I had their real names and addresses.

There has been one particularly pernicious sub-human who has attacked me with different aliases for well over a year now. He was stupid enough to post his desire to see me and my practice injured thinking his anonymity would protect him. I tolerated him and his posts as long as I could and finally had enough. So I called my attorney who sent me through several referals until I wound up with a crack lawfirm who specialized in internet harrassement and had experienced private investigators who could find out this person's true identity. At first I had no doubt that we would be following the trail through different contries, but by reading this guy's posts he found a much better, quicker, and cheaper way of catching him. He's in for a big surprise.

Of course civil charges will be filed and my attorney will work on the criminal charges with the appropriate district attorney when we locate his state. It's just a matter time until we catch him.

As for JohnS, I didn't say he slandered me. If he had I would have notified the moderator to remove the post. I just think his behavior is inappropriate for civil discussion. And just becuase this is an anonymous forum doesn't mean people can just discard civil discourse and manners. I'm not saying what he did is a "federal offense", I'm just making sure that he is being put on notice that it won't be tolerated.

Because he is anonymous and so is the person who has been harrassing me, I have no choice but to assume that they are one and the same person. I read a post where JohnS said he was a patient of mine. In light of this information it's even more strange that he would be so cold blooded toward another patient. I am still waiting for him to identify himself to me.

Aska, I really don't expect you to understand my position, but abusive anonymous posts have been a serious subject for doctors lately and every once in a while I have to register my objections to let would be abusers know that there will be consequences for their actions. Believe me, I have much better things to do with my time.

When you are in my shoes and it is YOUR name and reputation that are on the line EVERY day, then you might have a different opinion as to how I handle criticism from anonymous posters. I can assure you that I am far from the only doctor with this legitimate concern, but I am one of the very few, and perhaps the only one, who speaks out publicly against it. I don't always do it, but when the time seems appropriate I speak up and deal with it. Other times I just ignore it.

Ok Dr. It looks like you're very worried about this person who is attacking you on the internet, and you should be.

With your explanation i could understand your reasons to be concerned, it's not good when you're doing your work and someone is just trying to slander your integrity all the time.

I don't blame you for coming here and say this things, actually i think it is very honest of your part to do this.

I'm only asking you to explain more in the first post when the situation is the same as this one , cause some ppl that read these posts can be a little bit intimidated to post against what they think was a bad result, and i'm sure that's not what you're trying to do.

After all, ty.

Dr. Feller,

I can understand your concerns when it comes to the individual that has been goin after you for a while now. But I have to believe that not every single person that may say "honestly, I didn't really like that result" is either that same guy or someone else with the intent to malign. Every single doc on here that posts pics gets one or two or a few that say they didn't really like the outcome. You are without a doubt one of the most renown docs on this site and I don't belive that one person has the capacity to sabotage those views. Everyone has their own pair of eyes and can judge for themselves. No matter what one's profession is, you can never ever please everybody. If these negative posts happened ALL the time, I could understand why you take this sort of serious action (with lawyers, private investigators, lawsuits, etc...) But I suppose I don't quite get why you are jumping to such serious conclusions so quickly. JohnS could just be an occasional poster that got on here, happened to not like that result, posted his comments on it, got off the comp and went and did something else and maybe laughing his ass off right now thinking "how in the world could that post stir up so much trouble"...nothing more. I also wanted to ask you...in your opinion, what would have been an acceptable form of criticism from JohnS? (ie what is an example of how he could have phrased his opinion on this particular HT?)

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Originally posted by Norwood6guy:

Wow Come back from day at Disney land and it all kicks off.

1st things 1st, Petro_P since month 3 no 2 months have been same and think there`s more coming in.

Thank you. You are very kind for sharing.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

I appreciate all the accolades that have been thrown my way!

My opinion was honest and I have not changed my mind. I do not get involved in "pissing matches" so prevalent on internet forums, but feel free to continue if you wish.

I will direct no more attention to this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

I love how surgeons want to sue everyone for their opinion lately .

Its almost impossible to sue a clinic for crappy work yet easy to go after ones OPINION.

They LOVE the accolades but can not take ANY criticism, even if warranted

I have never seen Dr Feller attacked with any viciousness.

Ive seen guys quiet him though a debate but never these drive bys he speaks of.

Now if there is a stalker then I understand his concern but I havent seen it. Perhaps Im wrong though

I dont see any other doctors having these issues.

That in itself would have me thinking that maybe its my own doing that causes this .

It must be nerve racking for guys that have seen him in action to have to call him with any kind of displeasure.

This is a tough one...

On one hand, I agree with Dr. Feller that "hit and run" posts are a potential warning sign of an agenda driven poster, which of course, we don't tolerate on this forum.

On the other hand, given JohnS' history of posts, I don't see any evidence that he's anything but a legitmate poster. Perhaps his personality is to provide quick feedback and saw no harm in his post.

All genuine opinions good or bad as long as they are constructive are allowed here. To only allow the positive reviews would make this community less than credibile. That said, I do think that when members are called out to substantiate their opinions, they ought to do it. People don't have to agree, but providing a genuine critique requires logic and reasoning, not just a simple blanket statement.

As of now, I'm still waiting for JohnS to support his blanket statement with logical reasoning. Assuming he does this, I have no problem with his post. Though it would be admirable if he contacted Dr. Feller to provide his real name, we don't require members to do this in order to share their genuine opinions. However, members who are genuine should have no problem backing up their opinion with logic and reasoning.

On the other hand, I also ask Dr. Feller to try to use some restraint in situations like these. There doesn't appear to be any real evidence to suggest JohnS is OMG or out to start a smear campaign against Dr. Feller that I've been made aware of at this time. Thus, perhaps instead of jumping to conclusions, Dr. Feller may consider asking the member why he/she feels the way they do without assuming the worst. Additionally, just as we don't host or encourage posts from members threatening lawsuits against doctors, doctors need to abide by the same principles.

"OMG" was an obvious blatant offender that violated our rules and was thus removed promptly. Dr. Feller also has every right to attempt to track him down, unveil his anonymity and deal with him appropriately. However, I don't think he ought to assume every member who shares a less than positive view is out to tarnish his reputation.

Best Regards,

Bill

I dont see any other doctors having these issues.

Actually Please Grow Please, many doctors are very concerned about being wrongfully attacked online by anonymous posters. Pat and I have been discusing our views on this offline with several leading physicians including Dr. Feller for a few months now.

In order to preserve the credibility of this community, we believe that members must be allowed to share their genuine opinions. On the flip side, members who've formed agendas to harp on or discredit physician for their own reasons are not tolerated here. That said, determining who is genuine and who has an agenda isn't always easy. But when a doctor reports their concern to us that they're being wrongfully attacked, we take it seriously and investigate the matter.

A few warning sigs of agenda driven posters include:

1. "Hit and run" posts (blanket statements that aren't substantiated by any logic, reasoning, or evidence)

2. Threats of lawsuits if someone doesn't get their way

3. Baiting other members into an argument without cause

4. Trolling members of this community and harping on everything they say

5. Commercialized promotion of a doctor, treatment, or service

We recognize that this community isn't always going to be a love fest with glowing accolades propogating from everyone's keyboards. However, we do expect members to be genuine and their motives clean of agendas.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I agree with what you wrote above Bill. And I don't mind negative criticism at all. If JohnS is not OMG, then all the better. One of the consequences of using aliases is that the possibility of misidentification is much greater and that's just a risk people who use aliases take. He said in an old post back in 2007 that he was a patient of mine, but I can't find anything to verify that statement. I asked him to PM me his identity so I could confirm the claim, but have not as yet received the PM. I would deeply appreciate if he did so I could rule him out as being OMG.

If we assume JohnS is not OMG or some other alias, then his comment is not a "federal offense" in my eyes, but simply a distasteful one that could only serve to hurt the feelings of the actual human patient who went out of his way to post his pictures and state that he was happy.

I firmly believe that people should not post anything online about a person that they wouldn't be willing to say in the actual presence of that person. The rest is just noise.

I suppose every poster that doesnt like a particular result is OMG now.

Thats HILARIOUS .

Usually when a poster has a hidden agenda its clear as day.

Maybe JohnS is an unhappy Feller patient.

I know I wouldnt say anything nice about a clinic I was unhappy with.

I can guarantee you Bill has already looked up the IP address and did other investigating so if it was a match to OMG he would be gone ,but hes not.

I always try to be positive on results in patient section because Im not into hurting feelings but others call it like they see it in every section.

At the bottom where it says comments maybe comments with a full explanation of why should be addded.

If a patient says ,Wow excellent job ,I dont see clinics demanding an explanation to why they feel its an excellent job.

Also some guys come on ,do a little research ,make a couple of comments, and jet.

Not everyone is up to typing full page reports with every post.

So what John didnt like the result BIG FRICKIN DEAL!!!

A simple honest comment got the book thrown at him.

If we let physicians intimidate us then what good is this forum

The patient seems happy ,and thats what really matters

@Please grow

I'd agree with that, he said he did not like the result. Fine that is his opinion and he has a right to it.

He did not say anything beyond that. What he may or may not have posted anywhere else, at anyother time is neither here nor there, regarding this thread.

This thread is "virtually" the property of the original poster who wanted to advise of his 1 year results.

I feel all of us, including Dr Feller, should remain with that issue and take other issues elswhere.

If you will forgive me for saying so

If a patient says ,Wow excellent job ,I dont see clinics demanding an explanation to why they feel its an excellent job.

PGP, very good point.

Also some guys come on ,do a little research ,make a couple of comments, and jet.

Not everyone is up to typing full page reports with every post.

So what John didnt like the result BIG FRICKIN DEAL!!!

A simple honest comment got the book thrown at him.

If we let physicians intimidate us then what good is this forum

The patient seems happy ,and thats what really matters

Completely agree here....I would say there are only a very few amount of posters that get on here many times a day, everyday and when they do, they aren't going to write a novel explaining themselves regardless of whether or not they like the result. Hence why there is very few follicular salvation club and celestial follicle club members.

This whole thing is sorta comparable to lebron james at his summer camp a few weeks back.. Gets dunked out by a college kid, some dude gets it on film, lebron and nike go over to the dude and say give me that tape, and confiscated it, so it will never ever be seen....

It just seems to me if someone proves they can handle and accept any sort of criticism, whether it be harsh or constructve, then that speaks volumes about that person. Back in high school I can't tell you how many times me and my teammates got absolutely shat on by the football coaches...we would be pissed but we just took it, didn't say anything and it all blew over within the next few minutes. You bring WAY more negative attention to yourself when you start freaking out.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Predator, Hairisthere and PGP all made excellent points.

I do not believe the tone of Dr. Feller's first post here is at all appropriate. Before we all start acting like Ross Perot, lets respect each other's opinions good, bad or indifferent provided they do not violate the TOS for the board.

I am sure that vague ones (like the drive by's that Dr. Feller alludes to) will carry little or no weight whereas those with ample rationale or from reputable sources will tend to carry more.

As to the OP and to stay more on topic, I see nothing not to like in terms of the results achieved. You have quite a mop on top and the results look very natural.

Also please OP I am sure you realize that when posting results online you are inviting not only compliments, but also criticism that can be at times harsh. In the end only you and your loved ones determine success or failure.

The beauty of sites like this is that the

relative anonymity sometimes enables the type of criticism that no one close to you would ever mention within ear shot. In this manner if you truly have no clothes, chances are good that someone will let you know.

sheeeeesh

i like this thread, as in very entertaining

now let's all drop this and get a group hug and sing kumbaya icon_smile.gif

we are all in the same boat guys and what happened to balding brethren brotherhood all of a sudden?