FUE "high & tight" hairstyle

Toby0823

Hey guys,

Long story short, I had 4,000graft fue done last year in Turkey. I cheaped out and got ok results. Good thing is my frontal is much thicker and hairline lowered about quarter inch. I also have no visual scarring on my donor. Bad news is my donor looks patchy "moth", and it's thin. Recipient site is still thin and gets shiny in harsh lighting.I also have slight cobble stoning on my frontal which I plan to conceal with more hair.

I plan to go to a more respected clinic this time around and get about 2.5k grafts for frontal and mid. Since I want a high & tight, I want donor to be from all sides and back (safe and unsafe zones). Not only for maximum harvest but to make it even all around (not patchy, I want it evenly thin all around). Plus I'll have donor completely buzzed anyway and from my last procedure I didn't get any donor scarring. What do you guys think? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hairstyle I want, I don't need much hair on sides and back

BD455193-E87A-4AA8-9218-4BFB798702F3_zps90nvn8r2.jpg

My hair at about 8 months, buzzed and grown out.

A2CFB429-C1C6-4805-8F18-61947447052F_zpsbl2dtjge.jpg

B27762D6-F19D-45C3-A48B-73012E7499BD_zpschsb0k0j.jpg

6A379508-4D4D-4BD8-A721-BBA9F47251DA_zpstnvanijm.jpg

4415ADB0-5D3C-464F-8900-850F510BA001_zpsid32brbk.jpg

Hey guys,

I plan to go to a more respected clinic this time around and get about 2.5k grafts for frontal and mid. Since I want a high & tight, I want donor to be from all sides and back (safe and unsafe zones). Not only for maximum harvest but to make it even all around (not patchy, I want it evenly thin all around). Plus I'll have donor completely buzzed anyway and from my last procedure I didn't get any donor scarring. What do you guys think? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

This paragraph is a contradiction in terms in the sense you say this time you want a more respected clinic, but you want donor taken from both safe/unsafe zones, no legit clinic will

purposely take grafts from unsafe zones ,of course with FUE some people may argue that hair is taken from unsafe zones by it's very nature, but that's a different story,why would you want hair taken from an unsafe zone anyway ?

Hey guys,

This paragraph is a contradiction in terms in the sense you say this time you want a more respected clinic, but you want donor taken from both safe/unsafe zones, no legit clinic will

purposely take grafts from unsafe zones ,of course with FUE some people may argue that hair is taken from unsafe zones by it's very nature, but that's a different story,why would you want hair taken from an unsafe zone anyway ?

Thanks for the fast reply, I have spoken to some clinics that are recommended in this site, some won't do it and some are willing to. Of course they explained the risk of this, and i understood.

To answer your question, i want to harvest from safe and unsafe zones because

1. I'm still relatively young at 28, I want to fully enjoy my late 20's and early 30's while single(I started thinning at 23, all from frontal To crown). I want my confidence back, I work hard to stay in shape, and look my best but it's been a while since I had hair.

2. My hairstyle has always been a high and tight(even before I started balding). I have no use for my surrounding hair. Might as well put them to use.

3. My frontal/mid is still thin and need just a bit more to be able to style it. If I harvest just from the safe zone, it'll be much thinner than the rest and won't look natural. Harvesting all around will make it look more uniformed.

Of course the hair from unsafe zones have risk and may not be permanent, I understand that part and willing to take the risk. I mean there's a chance it could be permanent so regardless I'd be happy. My only concern, is with how thick my hair is now will 2,500graft be enough to get my desired hair style? And is my desired hair style achievable with what I have to work with. Thanks again!

Most guys have I believe 6-7 000 available FUE grafts, I hear what you're saying but hair styles that look good on a young man can start to look a bit ridiculous on men as they age ,

but of course that's just my opinion, but if you always intend to keep the back and sides tight

I'm sure 2500 grafts can be taken to reinforce the areas you want done .,but of course there will be more risk of visible donor scarring

after 6500 grafts if you are going to wear your hair that short

I too had a hair transplant in Turkey 15 months ago 4200 FUE grafts ,I am happy with the result, I think i can probably take 25000 max without compromising the donor, but I will probably go for 2000 to be on the safe side to reinforce the mid-scalp working back into the crown.

Most guys have I believe 6-7 000 available FUE grafts, I hear what you're saying but hair styles that look good on a young man can start to look a bit ridiculous on men as they age ,

but of course that's just my opinion, but if you always intend to keep the back and sides tight

I'm sure 2500 grafts can be taken to reinforce the areas you want done .

I too had a hair transplant in Turkey 15 months ago 4200 FUE grafts ,I am happy with the result, I think i can probably take 25000 max without compromising the donor, but I will probably go for 2000 to be on the safe side to reinforce the mid-scalp working back into the crown.

Haha agreed, once I'm about 40yrs of age I may just buzz the top short similar to a military cut. But at least by then I'll have a defined hairline and somewhat thick frontal (hopefully). I just want to enjoy life again, it sucks seeing my peers go to the beach worry free while I stay in the hotel. May sound vain but my hair used to be one of my stronger assets and I took pride in it. Next thing I know it's my worse lol. If I can get that thickness back for even 6 years it would mean the world to me.

Once again thank you for your input, I hope Our next procedure goes well!

,yes I realise it's worse for young guys in lots of respects, but I'm of the opinion it's a personality thing, if it bothers someone at 25 to the degree that they opt for a hair transplant I believe it will bother them just as much as they get older, that's why planning for future hair -loss is important , lots of guys go bald and OK they might not like it but they carry on, meet partners, have kids ,do well in their chosen careers etc, but for some guys ,it cuts too deep and it affects them badly luckily there are options .

Best of luck who are you thinking of going with for your next procedure I'm thinking of Dr Yaman

he seems to be doing good work

,yes I realise it's worse for young guys in lots of respects, but I'm of the opinion it's a personality thing, if it bothers someone at 25 to the degree that they opt for a hair transplant I believe it will bother them just as much as they get older, that's why planning for future hair -loss is important , lots of guys go bald and OK they might not like it but they carry on, meet partners, have kids ,do well in their chosen careers etc, but for some guys ,it cuts too deep and it affects them badly luckily there are options .

Best of luck who are you thinking of going with for your next procedure I'm thinking of Dr Yaman

he seems to be doing good work

Not sure yet, I was looking into Dr. Bhatti as I find his work to be top notch and great customer service. I have a few others in mind, I'll find out for sure around July.

Best of luck "Toby", make sure your doctor can confidently move more donor area hair. You're a young guy and you still don't know what to expect down the road. Your comment on your donor being patchy and thin is a bit worrisome. I've had over 7,000 grafts moved and luckily my donor area is still excellent. Hopefully a reputable surgeon can give you the look your seeking. I'm impressed that you can afford these surgeries at such a young age. Good for you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Best of luck "Toby", make sure your doctor can confidently move more donor area hair. You're a young guy and you still don't know what to expect down the road. Your comment on your donor being patchy and thin is a bit worrisome. I've had over 7,000 grafts moved and luckily my donor area is still excellent. Hopefully a reputable surgeon can give you the look your seeking. I'm impressed that you can afford these surgeries at such a young age. Good for you.

Thanks John! I'm able to afford the procedures by going overseas. My next one won't be as cheap as my first but I'm still able to save money going that route. And thanks for your help with the archives!

-Toby

Hi Toby0823,

Thank you for sharing your HT journey so far. In regards to your future HT plans, I don't think that anyone on this Forum would advise you to venture outside of the "safe zone" as far as the donor hair is concerned. I do understand where you are coming from in your justification of tapping into grafts from the "unsafe zones" but down the road that decision would probably not prove to be the right one. Just my opinion.

If I were in your situation (with apprehensions of a weak donor area), I would consider BHT to supplement the scalp donor. Beard hairs mixed with scalp grafts have been known to give excellent results.....kind of win-win.....you end up with a better density without using grafts from the "unsafe zone".

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

You may want to go more conservative in the crown. Plan on having a touch-up if you go in the crown area. The donor area can be unnatural-looking if it is too thin but consider donor recharging for the future.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Toby0823,

Thank you for sharing your HT journey so far. In regards to your future HT plans, I don't think that anyone on this Forum would advise you to venture outside of the "safe zone" as far as the donor hair is concerned. I do understand where you are coming from in your justification of tapping into grafts from the "unsafe zones" but down the road that decision would probably not prove to be the right one. Just my opinion.

If I were in your situation (with apprehensions of a weak donor area), I would consider BHT to supplement the scalp donor. Beard hairs mixed with scalp grafts have been known to give excellent results.....kind of win-win.....you end up with a better density without using grafts from the "unsafe zone".

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

Thanks California,

I'll see what they can do with my bhp and beard, those are very limited as well unfortunately (Asian with barely any body hair with semi average beard). That's probably best if they can mix body hair with it. Thanks!

You may want to go more conservative in the crown. Plan on having a touch-up if you go in the crown area. The donor area can be unnatural-looking if it is too thin but consider donor recharging for the future.

Yes plan is to get maximum density in frontal and thinner as it gets to crown. My main objective is for it to blend from crown to frontal, getting thicker as it goes to front. I'll get some hairs transplanted on crown and start using rogaine on it.

• 4 weeks later...

6A379508-4D4D-4BD8-A721-BBA9F47251DA_zpstnvanijm.jpg Photo by JPE0823 | Photobucket

Hi people,

Assume this scalp was NW6 - no hair whatsoever existed on the top of his head.....

Assume he had all the hairs in the NW6 area (where it is thin throughout the top) transplanted in by FUE......

How many grafts at a guess would you assume he had?

I ask because I have SMP and would like a FUE transplant with a similar density (thickest at the hairline and thinning as it goes towards the crown. Something like that shaven down to 1mm length would work well with my SMP.

Thanks.