Lasercap's

I had a consult with a Hair Restoration Surgeon yesterday and was presented with photographs of some of the results he has been having with patients undergoing his Sunetics low level laser treatment. I had previously dismissed this kind of treatment as a gimmick but I have to say the photographs were impressive. As I live interstate & couldn't possibly attend his practice often enough to undergo this treatment myself he recommend I purchase a FDA approved lasercap for home use. The Capillus 272 interests me. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the effectiveness of LLLP?

• Administrators

I had a consult with Dr. Gabel, and he told me that the Capillus is the best LLT out there because it's a cap you put on for 30 minutes no need to use a comb. I will say this, I don't think LLT is as effective as hairloss prevention meds like Finasteride and Minoxidil but could be useful as an adjunct to a regimen.

Sure its expensive, but considering you only buy it once, its not much different than your yearly expense of Fin and Minoxidil. Additionally, there is no bad side effects. I think I might just buy it, what the hell any little bit helps, according to what ive read it works similar to minoxidil in terms of making hair thicker and stronger, it doesn't do anything about the DHT attacking the follicle. But I think it will keep the hair alive as long as you use it just like Minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

this route is pretty hit and miss seems to work on some and not on the rest but that's like any preventative if you look at it that way u just got to try it and see if it works on you or not.

my brothers in he's 6th or 7 month with this treatment along with some pills the hair clinic gave him and I can say it's definitely maintained he's hair and not gained any more amd he's happy with it with the hair style he's got he can get away with it unless your a bird in the sky and can see the extent of the thinning from that view but face on you it just looks a bit thin.

I have a lasercomb and I am 30 days post op. I think it does help with healing of the donor area. My scalp feels less tingly and not as "numb" since I started using it. I don't use it on the recipient area. just the donor. My personal opinion is to use it. You can buy refurbished ones with a warranty online and its like $300. at this point we're thousands of $$$$ into fighting hair loss, so a few hundred more isn't going to break us. After watching that dateline video that was posted on here I feel like the lasercomb and vivascal pills gave quantifiable results so I threw them into my regimen.

this route is pretty hit and miss seems to work on some and not on the rest but that's like any preventative if you look at it that way u just got to try it and see if it works on you or not.

my brothers in he's 6th or 7 month with this treatment along with some pills the hair clinic gave him and I can say it's definitely maintained he's hair and not gained any more amd he's happy with it with the hair style he's got he can get away with it unless your a bird in the sky and can see the extent of the thinning from that view but face on you it just looks a bit thin.

can I ask what pills the clinic gave your bro, bro?

I've used it for two years, the more expensive one. It's difficult to track and assess maintainance honestly. That said, if you head to pubmed there's a # of legitimate reads that suggest its efficacy. I cannot say I saw regrowth. SMG told me there's a newer version about to come out. Not sure if claims will be any different.

I have purchased the Capillus 272 lasercap. $3k so not cheap. Never been a believer before but I respect my Dr and the photographic evidence of his clients.

Quite a few HT surgeons are positive on the better quality LLLT devices now.

3k is quite a lot of money the thing that doesn't impress me about it is I compare it to a ht because there's a big difference in all fairness but thats unfair on this route or any preventative to compare it to a ht because that's not what it's design for imo it's just maintenance so just don't expect results like a ht because 7-8 times out of ten that isn't case.