Need fue advice

kian222

I need some advice from some of the knowledgeable members here.

have been given a quote for 1500 grafts for one doctor and 2500 grafts from another.

They are both recommended on this site but I won't say their names because I don't know if it is against the forum rules.

I would also love some advice on hairline shape. I used to comb my hair back growing up and would love to do that again. The last five years I have been combing it forward to hide the receding hairline but I'm not fan of the look. Most people don't think I even have a receding hairline.

Anyways, I'm open to any suggestions

20160311_124302.thumb.jpg.6c95e18533af05351af42120dd00a0a1.jpg

I need some advice from some of the knowledgeable members here.

have been given a quote for 1500 grafts for one doctor and 2500 grafts from another.

They are both recommended on this site but I won't say their names because I don't know if it is against the forum rules.

I would also love some advice on hairline shape. I used to comb my hair back growing up and would love to do that again. The last five years I have been combing it forward to hide the receding hairline but I'm not fan of the look. Most people don't think I even have a receding hairline.

Anyways, I'm open to any suggestions

Post a photo from the top looking down it helps.

There is nothing wrong with posting names of surgeons.

There is nothing wrong with one saying 1500 v 2500. They may have slightly different visions of what you are conveying to them. It's not like 1500 v 5000. You may be conveying a view of what you want your hairline to look like and do and each surgeon might be hearing it differently. Or both look at your head, hear the same message, and have different estimates.

You look to have pretty wavy hair from this angle at least so could help you reduce # of needed grafts. Honestly if you do 1800 FUE there is nothing that stops you to go back from doing 800 later if you want. Unlike FUT you dont clip a bunch of skin in one fell swoop out of your head and with FUE you can go in and do it in a short period of time one after the other.

And if you are going for the "up" rather than "forward" yes those styles require more density in the frontal zone.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Hairline shape is mainly subjective but in general you want to keep a design that will look natural as you age. Some temple angle closure is ok but not combined with a drastic drop in the hairline height overall. You want to keep the height at approximately 7cm at the very lowest. This would be the distance measured from the center of your hairline to the point between your eyebrows, known as the glabella.

See here...

84565101.jpg

Maintaining some temple closure is ok but the more you close the temples, the more grafts you need of which you only have a finite supply so being fairly conservative with high density is the best approach. Both quotes you received could give you good density but one would allow for a lower hairline than the other.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Post a photo from the top looking down it helps.

There is nothing wrong with posting names of surgeons.

There is nothing wrong with one saying 1500 v 2500. They may have slightly different visions of what you are conveying to them. It's not like 1500 v 5000. You may be conveying a view of what you want your hairline to look like and do and each surgeon might be hearing it differently. Or both look at your head, hear the same message, and have different estimates.

You look to have pretty wavy hair from this angle at least so could help you reduce # of needed grafts. Honestly if you do 1800 FUE there is nothing that stops you to go back from doing 800 later if you want. Unlike FUT you dont clip a bunch of skin in one fell swoop out of your head and with FUE you can go in and do it in a short period of time one after the other.

And if you are going for the "up" rather than "forward" yes those styles require more density in the frontal zone.

I hope this is a better angle.

Dr Edrogan quoted 2500 , Dr Bhatti quoted 1500. Hairline shame is the most important thing for me because I am looking at the hair being combed back. So what do you guys think?

20160311_211416.thumb.jpg.6759c6cd08defc870ce54bb4dde21820.jpg

Hairline shape is mainly subjective but in general you want to keep a design that will look natural as you age. Some temple angle closure is ok but not combined with a drastic drop in the hairline height overall. You want to keep the height at approximately 7cm at the very lowest. This would be the distance measured from the center of your hairline to the point between your eyebrows, known as the glabella.

See here...

84565101.jpg

Maintaining some temple closure is ok but the more you close the temples, the more grafts you need of which you only have a finite supply so being fairly conservative with high density is the best approach. Both quotes you received could give you good density but one would allow for a lower hairline than the other.

Thanks for the detailed response, I measured where my current hairline is in relation to my eyebrows and it is exactly 7cms. So do you think I should just have the hairline filled in a bit and not lowered and just focus on the temples which have receeded quite a bit more?

I like the picture you posted as a style to go by, I am just worried that such a straight hairline might not look organic. What are some things to do to fix that problem?

Up until 3 years ago, I had no hairline. I'm posting a picture of my current hairline with my hair wet and combed back. Hope that helps a bit. I'm often told I look 10 years younger after my transplants. Three years of pictures are posted on my personal blog site if you want to see more. MyFUEhairtransplant.com

Wet%2Blook%2Bhairline.png20120728_152441.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Here's another angle showing my temple area.

5b32ebc3ad0c6_BeforeandAfter.jpg.53a5342cb2a1c969369d84f1efb0c69c.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.