4000 grafts over two days

I've been offered a 4000 graft FUE over two days (2000 first day, 2000 second day) and after reading some threads around here would like to ask your opinion whether I should go ahead and do it this way. I'm not disputing whether i need 4000 grafts or not, I probably do in order to achieve the thickness I'm after, it's more the timing I'm interested in.

Basically, from what I read here, having more than 2000 grafts done in one day is not ideal, however I'm not sure if it would be ok to do 2000+2000 over the course of two days or better do 2000 now and another 2000 in several months. Are there any proven pros/cons of either approach?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

You have to have very good density to be able to get away with 4,000 grafts in one surgery. I wouldn't recommend it, not that I haven't seen some successful outcomes, but those are typically the exceptions though. My opinion is FUE is better done in sessions, better growth and less chance of donor depletion. When you get in to mega sessions with FUE, you're going to have more transection (wasted grafts).

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had 4200 FUE done in one day maybe I was just lucky but my results are pretty good, so I would have though done over 2 days would be OK, Dr Erdogan who is recommended here regularly does 3-4000 FUE in one session

I had 5,125 grafts transplanted over the course of 3 1/2 consecutive days in 2012 with excellent results. 4,000 grafts over 2 days is certainly an option. If you donor area is strong enough I would say... go for it if your doctor recommends it. Also, I'm attaching a photo of my results. Best of luck to you.

Before%2Band%2BAfter.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.