My Amazing Hair Transplant Experience with Dr Steven Gabel

Kpexperience

I had my hair transplant surgery done this week at Dr Gabel's Clinic -- Gabel Center for Hair Restoration, Hillsboro, Oregon.

Experience : Exceeded expectation, very satisfied.

Details : I began noticing hair loss (at the top of my head) for about ten years, and it was last year that I really got concerned and began doing research on the options. After looking at some options in the Seattle area, I finally came across Dr Gabel's reviews and credentials and chose to have a consultation appointment with Dr Gabel in November 2015. Note that I choose Dr Gabel's office in Oregon, and not the one Seattle area.

In the Consultation, it was Dr Gabel himself. He asked me what my expectaions are, and then explained in great detail about the options. It was a very personalized experience. We selected an option.

My surgery was scheduled for February 2016. Unlike some "salesperson" type experience that I had elsewhere, this was a highly professional experience where I got to spend time with the surgeon himself which helped me gain a clear understanding of option and goals.

On the day of surgery I was very nervous, as I was in the uncharted waters, having never been through this process before. This is where I'd SPECIALLY like to thank and commend the highly skillful, friendly, caring, and highly professional staff of Dr Gabel -- namely Kareena, Aileen, Whitney, Chastity, and other support staff.

Dr Gabel was present almost all the time, (I'd say for 95 % of the time) through out the entire surgery process. This is what I find quite remarkable. He took a couple breaks during the placement but he was presented almost all the time. I watched Bourne Identity, one of my fav movies during the surgery, listened to soft rock music as Dr Gabel, Kareena, and support staff were placing the grafts.Around 2600 grafts were placed using FUT. We began at 6:30 and were done by around 3 PM.

I'm in the recovery phase now and things are going well. I took the entire week off. Dr Gabel's staff have been so friendly before, during, and after surgery in answering my questions, and providing excellent support.

Finally, thank you Dr Gabel. Thank you to your amazing, highly skillful, compassionate, and highly professional staff. I'm glad I chose Dr Gabel.

I highly recommend Dr Gabel for hair restoration.

Happy to hear you had a great experience. Doctor Gabel is a fantastic doctor with great patient care. He is not mentioned here enough in my opinion. You chose a great doctor and you will get a top notch result. Happy growing.

Do you plan to post photos along your journey? Gabel is 1 of the docs who could use more patient stories here to get the word out. He is one of the increasingly few who seem to be involved in the entire procedure ala Konior and Cooley.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you'll share some pics with us.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congrats on your procedure. Hope you keep us posted!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 month later...