FUE ~ 1630 - dr. diep

bondi

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creating a stellated hairline, instead of straight edge one, seems to be Dr Diep's "signature" hairline. (I could've picked him as being your surgeon just from your photos.)

I'm not sure if this is genuinely more realistic, but he seems to think that it is.

The size of the punch-holes in the back of your head soon after surgery looked ominous, and seem to have lead to you having FUE scars, and a "ratty" look to your grown-back hair in the donor area.

This may've been avoided with a smaller punch. My own FUE donor area (back of the head) has no scarring, and is so even that it shows no visible evidence of ever having been the donor area.

Edited by IanFromOz

Creating a stellated hairline, instead of straight edge one, seems to be Dr Diep's "signature" hairline. (I could've picked him as being your surgeon just from your photos.)

I'm not sure if this is genuinely more realistic, but he seems to think that it is.

The size of the punch-holes in the back of your head soon after surgery looked ominous, and seem to have lead to you having FUE scars, and a "ratty" look to your grown-back hair in the donor area.

This may've been avoided with a smaller punch. My own FUE donor area (back of the head) has no scarring, and is so even that it shows no visible evidence of ever having been the donor area.

I had a procedure with Dr Diep and am almost 6 months post op. I am thrilled with the outcome so far. I am in no way supporting or advocating what Dr Diep does nor am I bashing him or any other doctor in this post. I would just like to add to what you said. I tend to agree with you that Dr Diep does produce 'signature' hairlines more often than not. However, they are designed considering the facial characteristics of the individual and look extremely natural when fully grown.

Going back to your comments regarding the donor holes, I feel there is a trade off between the punch size and the robustness of hair grafts. A little larger punch size helps in producing more healthy robust hair grafts. I am saying this from my own experience. The growth from my first hair transplant was poor, and the doctor (widely known and recommended here on HRN) used .8 mm punches. If you ask me that at the expense of poor hair graft growth I would consider a smaller punch size, I would say no 7 days of the week. What I am saying is that there is more to it than just the punch size. Moreover, my donor area 6 months post op after Dr Diep's procedure looks great. Nobody can tell I have had anything done.

I think u are on point hairlessuser..

I do a trade-off of my donor area having larger punch holes .. I rather have those hairs as healthy as possible so they can grow onto my recipient area.. I have a consultation with dr diep in two weeks n kinda excited about it .. thanks for input ..