I am scared to death I have naturally severely a low donor density area

Beebz

Density doesn't look the best to be honest but I'm no expert ,you need to get some opinions from recommended Docs who will give their opinion, its amazing what some of them can achieve even with poor donor, but better to get an honest appraisal rather than someone just telling you what you want to hear .

Im no expert, i have had a ht and been researching for quite a long time now. In my opinion i dont think any clinic is going to be able to get you anywhere near the result i imagine you are looking for. I obviously hope im wrong,but your a nw7 with very thin donor. Pretty much the hardest case to take on. This is a tough ask,but good luck mate. Let usknow

My advice is to stay off the website until you have your consult with the doctor.

Not going to do you a bit of good with people here telling you their opinions and raising or deflating your hope. You will start to go mad. You can only control what you can control. You picked a great clinic and they won't steer you wrong. Just my personal opinion but the mental aspect of it is the hardest part. I would wait and listen to what the clinic says and I wish you the very best.

not looking too promising to be honest. whats your body and beard hair like? are you sure you even want to thin the area out even more? fut would not be advisable as you would find it very tough to hide the scar.

I can grow a full beard, not sure how the density is.......I have a TON of body hair front and back (sigh) but I hear Shapiro doesn't do body hair.

• Administrators

It does appear thin, looks like you have retrograde alopecia which is very common amongst high Norwoods, I suggest growing the sides out at least another month and going to a hair restoration surgeon for a thorough evaluation in person, plenty of times people have been told they are not candidates only to go on and get home run results, were not doctors and haven't seen your donor area in person, so again please go get evaluated by a physician.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well I met with Shapiro Medical Group yesterday and it's as you guys said....I have a terrible donor area. Not a candidate for FUT at all according to Dr Ron Shapiro. However he called his other two doctors in, another Dr Shapiro and Dr Joesphanitis and they were all checking out my hair, they figured they could do maybe 1500 grafts with FUE from the back of head and combine that with 500 grafts from my beard. Enough to get some thinning coverage just on the front, I will take what I can get!

would you be happy though with that kind of result? Maybe they will get more grafts than that when actually doing the HT.

Honestly...yes I would. Mr Shapiro even said himself I have more of a Bruce Willis/Jason Staham head shape/facial appearance so that would help quit a bit. I also have very fair skin and somewhat lighter hair so the massive bald spot doesn't stand out as much . I just want SOMETHING on the top of my head I can grow, I was perfectly fine with thin hair a few years ago and have no problem getting a transplant that still looks thinning.

• Administrators

Sounds like you have very realistic expectations, although your donor is not optimal I think you'll get a result you'll be happy with, let's say now they do 1,500 + 500 beard hair grafts, you may be able to return in another year and do another 1,500 grafts, that will give you a nice mature hairline with descent density. Keep us posted when you have the procedure make a thread good luck bro.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any chance I am wrong? The hair was a bit wet when I took this photo

You have a very low density in your donor area which unfortunately means you are not a good bet for a hair transplant. Speak with a doctor but it seems pretty clear to me. If you go the other way you can shave your head and use smp to give you the look of having hair.