2576 grafts in the frontal third by Dr. Alexander

This a 38 year old middle Eastern patient that had a poor hair transplant a few years ago. He now presents to us for a revision and a desire to repair the previous hair transplant. Because of his significant balding we had to give him decreased density and transplant more on the sides to blend in to his existing hair than we would like. This type of patient I am posting because he's very border line of whether to transplant or not. Because his previous grafts look so bad he was ok with the hairline and the decreased density that we offered him. The quality of donor hair was good along with the elasticity of his scalp. We were able to get decent coverage after the first procedure. He now comes into our office 7 months post op extremely happy with the result he has gotten. Because his elasticity was so good at this point and since he was going back to the Middle East, we were able to transplant him again with another 2600 grafts to cover the top of his head.

361102315_91DFAC14422B6A77BF1A1701959F0C7E.jpg

461102315_389E8750E4A75C53F2892E5F44DB93A3.jpg

561102315_ACB1C8FBBCA2FE87581FEA3C03D96716.jpg

751102315_331F5A47D1A6E1358981872E568E88F3.jpg

851102315_A75353AE33ECEA9F0FA7550777DFA4E9.jpg

951102315_F024CF7756354786C882EBEFEA6C337C.jpg

161102315_39BC9983A41411CB8A29B6F7B825BF1E.jpg

261102315_2D2A512463B8B4A53E5894CF7A416820.jpg

For 2500 grafts, that NW 6/7 type balding, AND camouflaging a prior poor transplant, this surgery, in my opinion, is a huge success. He's going to look completely transformed when the vertex/crown restoration grows out. Well done doctor. How long ago did he have the prior procedure? Those old grafts look pretty archaic.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future, I appreciate your comment. The previous hair transplant was about 3-4 years ago.

I think this is a great example of a well-planned HT on a repair patient. By focusing on the hairline, you immediately solved the area of greatest concern, allowing the second HT to focus on the crown and - if necessary - further touch ups to the hairline.

Out of curiosity, if this patient combs his hair back, does it still hide his prior work? Was any of the earlier grafts removed, or just worked around?

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

3-4 years ago? It's a downright shame to see such recent repair patients, but with recoveries like this I'm sure the patient appreciates the hair he now has in truly amazing ways. He looks fantastic for 12months, and for 7 I can imagine how happy he must feel.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dr. Alexander,

Considering all the improvements made in hair transplant techniques, tools, and technology over the last decade, it's hard to believe that some physicians still do long outdated "plug" work. Thanks to dedicated physicians like you, these patients can be repaired and achieve a natural looking head of hair in just a couple procedures.

Well done!

Bill

Stellar repair work for a very difficult case imo.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

M&M,

This Patient combs his hair just how you see it. The new grafts do hide his previous work. We did not remove any of the old transplants because we were able to come far enough forward to hide them. I will get a photo with the hairline combed up next time he is in. You would be very surprised of how poor the transplants are that I see on Patients that have been performed over the last 2-3 years. You become very spoiled by looking at the work on this website.

Originally posted by Dr. Scott Alexander:

M&M,

This Patient combs his hair just how you see it. The new grafts do hide his previous work. We did not remove any of the old transplants because we were able to come far enough forward to hide them. I will get a photo with the hairline combed up next time he is in. You would be very surprised of how poor the transplants are that I see on Patients that have been performed over the last 2-3 years. You become very spoiled by looking at the work on this website.

Very true Dr. Alexander! We do become very spoiled on this forum by looking at the fantastic work that you & all of the coaltion Doctor's are producing.

Forum members are also very well educated &

for that resaon very demanding of our coalition Doctor's. We rarely see results by non coalition Doctors that live up to the standards produced by our coalition Doctor's.

Keep up the fantastic work Dr. Alexander & thanks for posting!