Help me decide surgeon

bbtrojans

Hi all,

I'm seeking somewhere between 1800 and 2500 grafts via FUE to reconstruct my hairline. I have thick hair behind and no balding on the crown. I went through an extremely stressful period around 27 years old and saw significant recession. Before that I had no obvious hair loss and since then none. I have been monitoring it for a few years now and it is defiantly very stable. At the time I was going through this stressful period I could remember the amount of hair I was shedding, it was crazy. Now I can put my hand through my hair and would be lucky to get 1! Anyway here is my profile;

30 year old male from Melbourne Australia

Norwood 2 - 3

Take no medication at all (tried it and didn't like it)

Money is a factor for me and also distance from Melbourne Australia. The doctors I have been considering are...

1) Dr Koray Erdogan - $2.5 Euro/ Graft using manual method

2) Dr Hakan Doganay - $2.0 Euro/ Graft using micro motor

3) Dr Kesser - $3.50 Euro per graft - using micro motor

4) Dr Resul Yaman - $1 Euro/ Graft using micro motor

5) Dr Bhatti - India - 88 INR/ graft

I decided to go ahead with Dr Hakan Doganay and his communication has been excellent. However I did ask him in an email why he was removed from HTN recommended Doctors. I have since found out why he was suspended and he is still an option based on reasons given but I want to consider my options.

I only just recently started considering Dr Bhatti again. Previously I was not the greatest fan of his hair lines. But the latest ones he has produced under his results on this forum seem much more natural and straighter than before - I remember reading he refused to make them very straight but maybe he has changed his tact.

Anyway any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

I'm seeking somewhere between 1800 and 2500 grafts via FUE to reconstruct my hairline. I have thick hair behind and no balding on the crown. I went through an extremely stressful period around 27 years old and saw significant recession. Before that I had no obvious hair loss and since then none. I have been monitoring it for a few years now and it is defiantly very stable. At the time I was going through this stressful period I could remember the amount of hair I was shedding, it was crazy. Now I can put my hand through my hair and would be lucky to get 1! Anyway here is my profile;

Norwood 2 - 3

Money is a factor for me and also distance from Melbourne Australia. The doctors I have been considering are...

I decided to go ahead with Dr Hakan Doganay and his communication has been excellent. However I did ask him in an email why he was removed from HTN recommended Doctors. I have since found out why he was suspended and he is still an option based on reasons given but I want to consider my options.

I only just recently started considering Dr Bhatti again. Previously I was not the greatest fan of his hair lines. But the latest ones he has produced under his results on this forum seem much more natural and straighter than before - I remember reading he refused to make them very straight but maybe he has changed his tact.

Cheers

I wouldn't go with Doganay, the quality of his results went down. Erdogan is the best on your list, and does very nice hairlines. You can't go wrong with him

Hi all,

Norwood 2 - 3

Cheers

Hi bbtrojans,

You seem to be doing the right thing by researching as much as possible. I believe that there is no such things as too much research when it comes to choosing your HT Surgeon. There is just no room for error.

I totally empathize with you. Hair loss can be extremely stressful.

I did want to address one comment that you made about Dr. Bhatti's hairline design, that you had read somewhere that "he refused to make them very straight but maybe he has changed his tact.". With all due respect, any Patient of Dr. Bhatti that has met him in person or any potential patient of Dr. Bhatti that has communicated with him (which would include yourself), would vouch for the fact that Dr. Bhatti is an extremely humble, down to earth, accommodative and easy to work with, HT Surgeon, besides being extremely good at what he does. He has been doing FUE exclusively for so many years now with thousands of happy Patients all around the world. His Patients are the proud examples of his hairline design......hundreds of them on this Forum itself.

We wish you all the best and hope that which ever HT Surgeon you go with, will get you excellent results.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I have been reading these forums for a very long time. I think you need to take some perspective on these things. I feel as if Dr Bhatti has a team of advocates spending much more time proactively trawling these forums and other related ones pushing his services. This is not to suggest that he is a bad FUE surgeon. My previous comments were based on the fact that a) I saw several people and sources commenting on this issue and b) I have viewed ALL of his posted patient results consistently. The last ~10 results posted on this forum had straighter less V shaped hairlines. To be honest given you are patient advocate of Dr Bhatti I'd imagine you must be benefitting financially from advocating his services and thus I find it difficult to view your comments as credible. Again, this is not to suggest Dr Bhatti is not an excellent surgeon and nothing against you personally.

Hi bbtrojans,

I do not doubt that you are well researched and knowledgeable. For the record, Dr. Bhatti does not have a team of advocates trawling this or other forums. As is evident from my signature line, I am his Patient Advisor for North America. He also has Patient Advisors for Israel, UK and Australia. These folks are rarely (if at all) seen on this forum. So, all the other folks that you might be referring to, are actually Patients of Dr. Bhatti who have absolutely no financial or any other vested interest in pushing his services. The Forum Admins are very much aware of who is representing who. Transparency is a big deal on this Forum and we have always respected that.

My intention was not to offend you. I just pointed out that the verbiage/implication of "he refused to make them straight" might point to a certain personality/character trait. That is all I was trying to explain...sharing with you how Dr. Bhatti is as a person. If you or anyone else says that you do not like Dr. Bhatti's hairline design, I would not have any issues with that because I would respect that as your opinion. When a doctor "refuses" to accommodate a Patient's valid wishes, that to me could be a matter for concern. Just my personal opinion.

I wish you all the best,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello Mr. bbtrojans,

I am always happy to hear when patients are considering me for their hair restoration needs but I am never disappointed when one of these patients chooses another doctor. That is the way of life as no single doctor is the favourite for every patient just like no single cricket team is the favourite for every fan.

I greatly enjoy creating new hairlines as they are what define how we appear to others. It is a part of the first few nanoseconds of interaction we have with every person we meet and I feel it is imperative to get it right. Even the subconscious mind should not be able to see that the hairline is unnatural. This is why hairline design is a constant contradiction of itself. When I design a hairline there are two factors that matter, and only two.

1. Does it look natural today?

2. Will it look natural tomorrow?

To balance these two questions is something that must be carefully considered. Many doctors will choose one, often at the expense of the other. For instance, if a doctor decides that the hairline must look natural today, especially according to the patient's wishes, then this approach may jepardize the tomorrow in this issue. This can many times require a high number of grafts as aggressively shaped hairlines must have higher density and this means less hair is available for the future.

If a doctor chooses to address the future more so than today then less grafts will be used and more grafts will be available for the future but this can leave the patient wanting more work to "straighten" the hairline. Thus the same challenges are revealed again.

When I create a new hairline I want to balance the needs of the patient with the desires of the patient and when you see a "straight" hairline it is because this design worked for the patient. I could easily create aggressive hairlines for all of my patients but then I would run the risk of using a cookie cutter approach.

Regarding my team of advocates online, no such "team" exists as California states. I do have a lot of patients that share their personal experiences but they are not employed by me or anyone in my organization nor are they compensated for their efforts.

If you have only considered me through observations I do encourage you to contact my office and submit your photos and information for a proper consultation. My recommendation will help you to decide if I am indeed right for you or if I am not and all of your questions can be put to rest. If you have already done so I thank you for your initial interest.

Out of all the surgeons you listed, who do you think has a better sirgical protocol?

Out of those-

Who will do extractions and key parts of surgery themselves?

Who will make sure your extracted grafts are not outside of your body for a long time?

Who will frame the face appropriately?

Who will implant or not implant into heavy native hair zones?

Who will use safe recipient density creation versus high density site creation?

Who will gaurantee to have your back if something goes wrong?

Who answers to questions above and is the best priced?

These are some questions that may help you filter out the surgeon you need to go to.

May want to rethink your original choice or dig deeper into it and research more before you sit in the chair.

Good luck.

Dr Bhatti - thank you for the detail response. I appreciate you taking the time and agree with all that was stated.

California - thanks for the reply and all good.

Thank you, bbtrojans.

We wish you all the best with your HT procedure.

Best regards,

California

Out of all the surgeons you listed, who do you think has a better sirgical protocol?

Out of those-

Who will do extractions and key parts of surgery themselves?

Who will make sure your extracted grafts are not outside of your body for a long time?

Who will frame the face appropriately?

Who will implant or not implant into heavy native hair zones?

Who will use safe recipient density creation versus high density site creation?

Who will gaurantee to have your back if something goes wrong?

Who answers to questions above and is the best priced?

These are some questions that may help you filter out the surgeon you need to go to.

May want to rethink your original choice or dig deeper into it and research more before you sit in the chair.

Good luck.

Awesome list of questions, Sean. I believe that this should be a "must ask" (among other questions, of course) for all HT Patients. Great work!

Best regards,

California

Hi All, i am in a similar boat. from Australia but Norwood 5. I have decided with Dr Yaman. From his pictures the results are excellent and affordable. i wish you all the best and am looking forward to sharing my journey. the recommendation from this community went a long way to my final decision.

Hi bbtrojans,

I'm from Melbourne too and travelled to see Dr Bhatti in July 14 and am very satisfied with my results. Feel free to DM me if you want more info or have any questions.

Photos pre and immediately post are here: Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Photos at 10 months in this thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175992-fue-my-experience-date-3.html