Dr Nader - 30 years old 3666 grafts

kkgm07

Hi Guys,

First of all i'm new here and not a paid poster or anything like that (give me time to improve photos or wanted information - ill do my best), i've been reading parts of this site for a while and finally just underwent a hair transplant surgery. I'm also after post op care hints etc from ppl that have been through this.

So a little about me:

- 30 Years old

- Male

- Losing hair for about 6 years (although that's prob just when i started noticing it)

- Main hair loss on crown and temples with gradual thinning on other areas which seems to have slowed now and the current photos you see pre op are where i've been at for a while

Recently undergone a transplant:

Surgeon: Dr. Luis Nader (Reynosa Mexico)

Comments: Outstanding doctor made me feel extremely comfortable, extremely nice guy and very knowledgeable. Main concern for me was the location in Mexico after looking at media or asking people on the internet, after the experience i'll tell you there is no worries at all if this is a concern for you putting you off dont let it be! Also he has had procedures himself so that was very comforting for me to know he knows what its like to go through.

The Surgery:

- I had 3666 grafts with an average of about 2 hairs per graft so around 7000 hairs

- Half the grafts went to the crown, about 500 to each temple and the rest scattered throughout the top of my head.

- Procedure itself was painless and up until now 4 days post op its still pretty much pain free i haven't had any issues and sleep fine

Post op:

Ok this is where ill say what im doing now and help to the best of my ability, but also keen to hear from others what they are doing and what works for them.

- Supplements: Biotin 10,000mg , Multi-Vitamin & Mineral, Saw Palmetto

- Prescriptions:

Minoxidil 5% (once per day i started this 2 months post op and Dr. Nader said i was starting to get some hairs growing in the crown area, this will hopefully make my transplant even more successful)

Finasteride (i only take half a mg i believe the recomended is 1mg)

- Others: Shampoo 2-3 times per week

Ok thats all i can think to add right now but any questions fire away, ill try reply as quickly as i can and also try to remember to post updates with my surgery along the way. =)

preop.thumb.jpg.29b1ac15248136f943b6f27f3fce9be0.jpg

5b32ea8be3d36_preop(2).thumb.JPG.62642e111314442d381d7701d5bc21a9.JPG

preop3.thumb.JPG.70f5da6c3e8a44f110e23986e7517a58.JPG

3-days-post-op.thumb.JPG.707f32f99be6ba00a423305e16dcddf7.JPG

3-days-post-op-2.thumb.JPG.b7182a4e5c37e8f9fe32978a49a4f96c.JPG

3-days-post-op-3.thumb.JPG.d2369edf97a8698b16d069361745954b.JPG

3-days-post-op-4.thumb.JPG.24eb6fc35eb2351b517082393c9927cd.JPG

7dayspost.thumb.jpg.7b8723e5eae312f88a67a4f5e7b3ca6f.jpg

7dayspost2.thumb.jpg.22447c52b0e5c0806cf9950cf73ef23b.jpg

7dayspost3.thumb.jpg.8ac22910d90d90547d1d61ab82b5d6f0.jpg

7dayspost4.thumb.jpg.c94640ef569d6688eca1f98e23e77f00.jpg

10dayspost.thumb.jpg.de89b4a62a5c9f39f030b8b4523b5d0f.jpg

10dayspost2.thumb.jpg.f6fc005dcf6db753de70f83629c0bc0c.jpg

10dayspost3.thumb.jpg.68c66aab008c681999959ac258016f53.jpg

I'm now 11 days post op. Question for anyone that has undergone the procedure -

1. How long until you started using Minoxidil again after procedure.

2. Any topical treatments post op that i should use that not already

3. How long until started back at gym or running etc (my doc said can start now but would like to hear from people that have had the procedure)

Any help be great

• Administrators
I'm now 11 days post op. Question for anyone that has undergone the procedure -

1. How long until you started using Minoxidil again after procedure.

2. Any topical treatments post op that i should use that not already

3. How long until started back at gym or running etc (my doc said can start now but would like to hear from people that have had the procedure)

Any help be great

Well its best to follow the doctors instructions, but this what I did, minoxidil I started back at 14 days, I used Emu Oil on the donor area to reduce the inflammation and help with the healing and scarring, the gym I started back at 14 days, just a quick question how did you get a hold of Dr. Nader? I hear that he's a hard guy to get a hold of doesn't respond to e-mails and stuff.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well its best to follow the doctors instructions, but this what I did, minoxidil I started back at 14 days, I used Emu Oil on the donor area to reduce the inflammation and help with the healing and scarring, the gym I started back at 14 days, just a quick question how did you get a hold of Dr. Nader? I hear that he's a hard guy to get a hold of doesn't respond to e-mails and stuff.

Ok I'll try the same, with regard to dr Nader it's just persistence and continue to email him. He will eventually get back to you but has a long list of patients and showed me his email there were thousands a month emailing him.

Are you NW3? You should have a great result considering you put 3700 grafts in with so much native hair still in place.

Would be great (for patients anyhow) for a few Mexican HT doctors to emerge as "top notch" as it will help pressure the price points for those in Canada and USA if a decent sized group across the border became popular. :) Would be sort of the North American version of Turkey. Probably still a decade away though.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Are you NW3? You should have a great result considering you put 3700 grafts in with so much native hair still in place.

Would be great (for patients anyhow) for a few Mexican HT doctors to emerge as "top notch" as it will help pressure the price points for those in Canada and USA if a decent sized group across the border became popular. :) Would be sort of the North American version of Turkey. Probably still a decade away though.

I'm a little past a 3 i believe as was thinning on the top of crown as well, but i'm quite hopeful with the end result. I believe with the transplant and getting on minoxidil that the results should be great in 12 months. Also open to another transplant a few years down the track if needed as dr nader said that i had great donor area. Upon inspection from a doctor in Australia he said the the procedure looked perfect and one of the best he had seen, so as for mexico from my perspective my doctor was great, the true result in a years time though. =)

Didn't realize you came from Australia - that's a heck of a flight for a HT! I would think you would have went to India as there seem to be a few guys that are gaining interest there.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok I'll try the same, with regard to dr Nader it's just persistence and continue to email him. He will eventually get back to you but has a long list of patients and showed me his email there were thousands a month emailing him.

I been hearing this for sometime on this Doctor being horrible in his communications to clients, this to me is not exceptional given that Bill on this forum was maybe thinking to reach out to him, in maybe having him as a coalition member which I find bizarre IMO when his history shows hes a poor communicator.

I get that hes busy but so is many other coalition members & still have time to reach out by them personally or there staff In a timely manner.

Sorry dont mean to hijack your post, im sure you be fine but it do worry me that if this Doctor dont get his admin in check & treats clients this way, makes me wonder how is he looking after patients, pre op & post op at a top level.

To me communication is key for patients & I find this doctors business practices just horrible to say the least.

I wish you a full recovery & hope all ends well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well not every doctor wants to be a member here on this forum and due to the fact that he is so busy do u really think he needs to reach out to anyone anywhere? apparently not.

the most important thing is communication? really? I always thought the most important thing was doctor skill and results....

I always find it amusing when ppl don't get an immediate response back from a doctor that must mean their patient care must be horrible so lets avoid this guy like the plague smh no offense but that sounds so ridiculous to automatically assume there is a nexus there.

YOUR making assumptions based on nothing! I contacted him several months ago and got a response in less then 24 hours so not everyone that contacts him doesn't get a response.

my email was detailed with plenty of pics. you send him a "Are you a qualified doctor and if so send me pics email?" then I'm sure ur not gettn a response!

maybe he like many other doctors just get tired of the dreamers and "Hair follicle kickers" who have no money nor any real intention of seeing him. if ppl are serious then call him its not that difficult to pick up the phone. if one was really serious about a HT and this clinic ia a phone call away and speak perfect English then wudnt that make more common sense....

im glad he doesn't advertise cause as soon as they become too popular their prices go thru the roof. sometimes little hidden gems are best just that.... hidden.

I been hearing this for sometime on this Doctor being horrible in his communications to clients, this to me is not exceptional given that Bill on this forum was maybe thinking to reach out to him, in maybe having him as a coalition member which I find bizarre IMO when his history shows hes a poor communicator.

I get that hes busy but so is many other coalition members & still have time to reach out by them personally or there staff In a timely manner.

Sorry dont mean to hijack your post, im sure you be fine but it do worry me that if this Doctor dont get his admin in check & treats clients this way, makes me wonder how is he looking after patients, pre op & post op at a top level.

To me communication is key for patients & I find this doctors business practices just horrible to say the least.

I wish you a full recovery & hope all ends well.

Wow...

Iq732 how come results already? Seems like you haven't lost much due to shedding. Looks amazing.

My last HT I looked like crap till the 4 month mark.

How's the back looking? I know you filled up your FUT scar, and i plan to do the same

Wow...

Iq732 how come results already? Seems like you haven't lost much due to shedding. Looks amazing.

My last HT I looked like crap till the 4 month mark.

How's the back looking? I know you filled up your FUT scar, and i plan to do the same

hey etown - yeah, I probably had less than a hand full of shock loss to date. Probably mostly from the donor area. As you can see the hairline is still reddish. I've had a few customer meetings starting this week and I used "couvre" to conceal and blend in the coloring. The transplanted hair pretty much grew from the get go however the hair is growing in all directions. Here's a pic of my back albeit not very good. trying to take the pic with a mirror in front of me.

back.jpeg.cbf010b164034a48a421a5ccbbd0d2e7.jpeg

Looks great so far.

I've been in contact with another guy, he about 2 months in from having his HT with Dr Nader and he didn't have much shedding at all.

My last HT.... I Lost all my grafts, and they didn't sprout till like 4 months out.

well not every doctor wants to be a member here on this forum and due to the fact that he is so busy do u really think he needs to reach out to anyone anywhere? apparently not.

the most important thing is communication? really? I always thought the most important thing was doctor skill and results....

I always find it amusing when ppl don't get an immediate response back from a doctor that must mean their patient care must be horrible so lets avoid this guy like the plague smh no offense but that sounds so ridiculous to automatically assume there is a nexus there.

YOUR making assumptions based on nothing! I contacted him several months ago and got a response in less then 24 hours so not everyone that contacts him doesn't get a response.

my email was detailed with plenty of pics. you send him a "Are you a qualified doctor and if so send me pics email?" then I'm sure ur not gettn a response!

maybe he like many other doctors just get tired of the dreamers and "Hair follicle kickers" who have no money nor any real intention of seeing him. if ppl are serious then call him its not that difficult to pick up the phone. if one was really serious about a HT and this clinic ia a phone call away and speak perfect English then wudnt that make more common sense....

im glad he doesn't advertise cause as soon as they become too popular their prices go thru the roof. sometimes little hidden gems are best just that.... hidden.

T-TYPE;

You definitely nailed it... if Dr Nader became a Coalition Surgeon, hired Reps to use high pressure sales tactics, hired Techs to do multiple patients a day & hired a staff answer emails lighting fast ( since communication is the most important thing ) it would be a safe bet his FUE procedure prices would be a little more than $2 a graft including food & lodging.Which beats India & Turkey by a long shot when you figure in about $2000 airfare & 48 hour flight to & from the US.

There is also a possibility you could be killed or beheaded by terrorist, which could make your HT effort totally useless.

• 3 months later...
Hi there -

I'm actually scheduled in August to see Dr. Nader for a FUE procedure. Would love to see updated pics if you have any.

Thanks!

how did it go with Doc Nader? i'm thinking to have it done with him also

Hi, kkgm07, I'm scheduled to see Dr. Nader later this month so I'm just curious if you have any updates? Everything gone well? Happy?

Thanks!

hey man

did you end up seeing Doc.Nader,

did you have the procedure done by him? if not, then by any chance did you came across any information on this doc that made you stay away?

im also considering FUE in Mexico and looking for reviews on the docs

Hey T-TYPE

Pay no mind to Ontop... He's a troll.

I got my date set with Dr Nader for October 13. Flight booked, and Dr Nader private number for any other questions I may have.

hey man

how did you go Doc Nader?