HT with Dr Resul Yaman (3400 grafts)

leindub

Under normal lighting it actually looks decent. Definately deserves another 2k for the final result!

Go with a reputable surgeon for your final transplant who has a flawless record.

I disagree it looks decent.

I was told the day of my consultation the finished result would yield 80 hairs per sq cm.

My final result certainly did not yield that. I followed all the instructions and got a poor result, especially in the mid section, it is very thin.

I have to use hair fibres each day. I expected a far better result with 3400 grafts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today is my sixteenth month to the day I had my transplant.

Things are as good as they're going to get and I am very underwhelmed with my results.

At five months in, things looked quite well, looking back now, I realise the PRP I received the day before my treatment certainly helped with thickening and most definitely darkening my hair at the time.. It is as if the PRP at five months was temporarily masking a poor result.

I would like some feedback from the forum on my result, for 3400 grafts, I think the result is poor. I am considering a request for a partial refund from Dr Resul.

I spent alot of time researching doctors, looked at plenty of results posted by Dr Resul but admittedly not many by actual patients, my results don't mirtor the results he posted.

A couple of months ago I did get a whatsapp message from their rep guaranteeing their results and if not satisfied perhaps they can provide more services.

I only have about 1500 grafts left, and I do not intend returning to a surgeon with those precious grafts that has already delivered a poor result.

First two pictures 16 months, third picture day before surgery.

Nothing wrong with the result.

If you thought 3400 grafts would provide you with full coverage over a NW5 pattern then you were strongly mistaken. As a stand alone procedure the result was achieved, and will need an additional transplant to go over the same area.

A lot of people are misinformed when it comes to hair transplants thinking one will magically make them into a full head. A lot of the result comes down to donor availability, and hair density. Even then, almost everyone requires an additional surgery to give them the density they are looking for.

it took me 6k grafts to restore a NW4 to thick density with temple points. Granted I have thin caliber hair..

Another issue we face is people being mislead by dense packing, there is only so much that can be achieved without compromising both native, and transplanted hairs. Which is why additional surgeries are required.

Things are as good as they're going to get and I am very underwhelmed with my results.

At five months in, things looked quite well, looking back now, I realise the PRP I received the day before my treatment certainly helped with thickening and most definitely darkening my hair at the time.. It is as if the PRP at five months was temporarily masking a poor result.

I would like some feedback from the forum on my result, for 3400 grafts, I think the result is poor. I am considering a request for a partial refund from Dr Resul.

I spent alot of time researching doctors, looked at plenty of results posted by Dr Resul but admittedly not many by actual patients, my results don't mirtor the results he posted.

A couple of months ago I did get a whatsapp message from their rep guaranteeing their results and if not satisfied perhaps they can provide more services.

I only have about 1500 grafts left, and I do not intend returning to a surgeon with those precious grafts that has already delivered a poor result.

Man please let me know the results of your discussion with the Dr. My results are poor too and Im thinking of doing the same thing. I will request a refund too

Nothing wrong with the result.

I beg to differ.

I have recently had a consultation with a different doctor, showed him the before and after pictures and also he obviously physically examined my hair that day.

He told me there is no way my result represents 3400 grafts.

Also the day of my surgery, there was another patient there and he received 3600 grafts.

The recent consultation I had, the surgeon was flabbergasted that a surgeon could or would do 7000 extractions in one day.

Dear members

To be clear, generally,I personally do the extractions. The extraction parts of the %95 of the operations are realized by me. But sometimes I hardly have time to breathe. In this situation, I want my most experienced technician to do the extraction under my control. He has 6 years experience in hair transplantation and I trust him, his experience and his skills.

I want to clarify something. Even if my most experienced techinician does the extraction rarely, almost invariably I do the extractions. Please keep on trusting us.

You can contact us about anything and anytime via;

+90 545 600 1234

I must admit the sentence ' Sometimes I have hardly time to breathe' does concern me a little bit ,

I have always been impressed with Dr Yaman's results in the main although I do agree with Leindub his result does seem to be below par ,I just hope Dr Yaman isn't chasing the money at the expense of his reputation which is still in the early stages when the long view is taking into account, I think he needs to be careful he doesn't go down the same road as Dr Doganay who was producing great results

but began by letting techs do more of the procedure.

Edited by Mick50

I have mentioned this in a previous post and have a theory to why my result may be subpar.

I also accept I may be wrong in relation to this, so any experienced posters that would like to chime in, I would dearly appreciate the feedback.

My extraction phase was broken into two parts. The second felt quite different from the first.

The first I firmly believe Dr Resul did 100% of the extraction phase but the second phase was different, as if Dr Resul did the ground work but a tech actually pulled out the grafts if that makes sense? Also I was awake for the whole procedure and fully aware of what was going on.

Could that batch of grafts or some of them have been compromised?

I would like to add that I have not been in contact with the clinic since my last Whatsapp conversation with their rep as I wanted to get feedback from the community on here first.

I agree, nothing wrong with the result for 3400 grafts over the large area treated. If that same graft count had been concentrated in the frontal zone exclusively and not in the mid-scalp as you had, you might have had a denser result, however as others have stated, you would have needed a 2nd surgery for the mid-scalp to up to your crown which was not even addressed and you may not have enough donor to even contemplate that. Nothing really wrong with your result other than its light coverage that can be easily addressed with a 2nd pass of another 1500-2k grafts. Good luck and don't stress, you look better than when you started out.

I agree, nothing wrong with the result for 3400 grafts over the large area treated. If that same graft count had been concentrated in the frontal zone exclusively and not in the mid-scalp as you had, you might have had a denser result, however as others have stated, you would have needed a 2nd surgery for the mid-scalp to up to your crown which was not even addressed and you may not have enough donor to even contemplate that. Nothing really wrong with your result other than its light coverage that can be easily addressed with a 2nd pass of another 1500-2k grafts. Good luck and don't stress, you look better than when you started out.

Yet the surgeon said the final result would result in 80 hairs per sq cm and I have already been told that is not the case.

I have also had my result looked at by another surgeon and he has said not only is there not a result showing a yield near 3400 grafts but a surgeon cannot do 7000 extractions in one day.

The result is very thin and subpar.

Take a look at before and after pictures of 3400 grafts and then look at the results Dr Resul is posting on here.

Also Dr Resul told me my donor was very good and the grafts extracted were excellent quality and tell me that is not a sub par result, for 3400 grafts.

IMG-20151213-WA0020.thumb.jpg.e1a49a746fe1f0e170a4fb57cd157581.jpg

20170408_173641.thumb.jpg.e9476af95f3f18b8ab4b1fc32903e0c6.jpg

go to another surgeon - it doesn't matter what other results the Dr. is posting, people have different hair characteristics, loss pattern, etc etc etc. 3500 grafts for your own individual case would have NEVER gotten you full coverage, period - your expectation is not realistic and maybe your doctor exaggerated what he could have done for you - good luck

ps - if you want to achieve the illusion of more density - you shouldn't wear your hair so short as you do, let it grow out longer and it will look better

go to another surgeon - it doesn't matter what other results the Dr. is posting, people have different hair characteristics, loss pattern, etc etc etc. 3500 grafts for your own individual case would have NEVER gotten you full coverage, period - your expectation is not realistic and maybe your doctor exaggerated what he could have done for you - good luck

ps - if you want to achieve the illusion of more density - you shouldn't wear your hair so short as you do, let it grow out longer and it will look better

A) I thought the whole idea about this forum was choosing a recommended surgeon, in which I did.

B) My expectations were created from my face to face consultation with Dr Resul.

And C) The result is not what was told, not only is it a subpar result, there are question marks over the extraction phase.

choosing recommended doctors is one of may reasons for this forum, its also for soliciting opinions and advice from other members who have undergone HT's and are pretty familiar with the process - you seem to be "stuck" in your cycle of thinking without having an open mind to listen to others opinions so I won't continue to go round and round with you .. as I've said before.. good luck

choosing recommended doctors is one of may reasons for this forum, its also for soliciting opinions and advice from other members who have undergone HT's and are pretty familiar with the process - you seem to be "stuck" in your cycle of thinking without having an open mind to listen to others opinions so I won't continue to go round and round with you .. as I've said before.. good luck

I'm not stuck in any cycle.

With our donor hair being limited, I'm not sure it is ethical for a surgeon to do 7000 or more extractions in one day where he says he is so busy he has not much time to come up for air or to be guaranteed he does all the extractions when he may not or he is doing 2 or 3 procedures a day or claims to break the extraction phase into groups of 1000's when that is clearly not the case.

Also I do appreciate your feedback but when a hair surgeon examines me two weeks ago and says my results are subpar, and of course it is an opinion but to be alarmed that a surgeon would do seven thousand extractions in one day.

I think I have legitimate questions to ask, after all my donor supply is limited like everyone.

Edited by leindub

We all know we have a limited donor supply so we have to choose carefully and research, research, research.

Now lets say the day of your procedure, a big day and a big decision and not only are you getting circa 3500 grafts procedure but another person that day is also getting the exact same.

The surgeon is about to embark on 7000 extractions in one day.

Your limited donor supply is in the hands of this doctor and your end result is poor.

Of course you would have questions.

Would that be a recommended course of action to persue by the experienced posters on here? Getting a 3500 graft procedure the same day in the clinic as another patient getting likewise?

Edited by leindub

I must admit the sentence ' Sometimes I have hardly time to breathe' does concern me a little bit ,

I have always been impressed with Dr Yaman's results in the main although I do agree with Leindub his result does seem to be below par..

Appreciate the feedback.

For someone to conclusively state the results are subpar - you would have had to have confirmation that a significant amount of transplanted grafts did not grow. If you achieved a 85-95% growth of all transplanted grafts via FUE - then the doctor's work is certainly within the standard - so cut to the chase and determine how many grafts took. Any respectable doctor or clinic will touch up areas or graftss that did not take - I don't believe in your case there will be that many - you attempted to cover your entire scalp with 3500 graftss - what is usually needed for just the frontal zone / hairline and immediately behind it

Edited by home1212

For someone to conclusively state the results are subpar - you would have had to have confirmation that a significant amount of transplanted grays did not grow. If you achieved a 85-95% growth of all transplanted grafts via FUE - then the doctor's work is certainly within the standard - so cut to the chase and determine how many grafts took. Any respectable doctor or clinic will touch up areas or grays that did not take - I don't believe in your case there will be that many - you attempted to cover your entire scalp with 3500 grays - what is usually needed for just the frontal zone / hairline and immediately behind it

I am saying the result is subpar because I feel it is, some have posted on this thread it is subpar, and some have privately messaged me to say in their opinion it is subpar and a recent consultation with a surgeon told me it was subpar.

The same surgeon does not believe I yielded anyway near 3400 grafts.

The same surgeon was alarmed another surgeon would perform 7000+ extractions in one day.

Do you think the surgeon is right to question 7000+ grafts being extracted in one day by another surgeon is a concern or is it perfectly normal to do that?

Also, I didn't attempt to cover my whole scalp, the procedure was for the frontal and mid area.

The day of my consultation with Dr Resul he said I had an average of 25 hairs per sq cm and after the result it would be an average of 80 hairs per sq cm.

I have recently been told that is not the final result outcome and as in my sixteenth month, to expect no further improvement.

Tell me this.

Do respectable doctors do 7000+ extractions in one day and two to three procedures in one day?

depends on the doctor and clinic, how they're doing the extractions, manual, motorized, or via ARTAS, and whether techs are doing any of the extractions - I know nothing about your Dr and/or how he operates his clinic, I didn't have surgery with him, you did - and you apparently didn't know he was doing 2-3 procedures a day

depends on the doctor and clinic, how they're doing the extractions, manual, motorized, or via ARTAS, and whether techs are doing any of the extractions - I know nothing about your Dr and/or how he operates his clinic, I didn't have surgery with him, you did - and you apparently didn't know he was doing 2-3 procedures a day

How can you say that of a recommended surgeon on here?

Fair enough if I went to a tech mill in Turkey, I chose a recommended surgeon on here.

Is it the norm for recommended surgeons on here to do 7000+ extractions in one day and three procedures a day?

By the way that question is not directed at you.

I am annoyed because donor hair is limited, if it wasn't, I wouldn't be posting on here today.

I feel it is incumbent on all ethical, responsible and recommended doctors to treat donor hair as important as it is, give it your 100% attention.

All the money in the world can't buy you new donor hair.

I believe the issue we are facing is you not having realistic expectations.

You had 3400 grafts spread over an entire NW5, of which you received a satisfactory result.

People have 3000 grafts to dense pack NW3s

Another issue that most newbies have a hard time understanding is thinking that one surgery is enough. in almost all cases, the first surgery is a stand alone for coverage, and provides a foundation. A second surgery is usually needed for additional density.

How can you say that of a recommended surgeon on here?

Fair enough if I went to a tech mill in Turkey, I chose a recommended surgeon on here.

Is it the norm for recommended surgeons on here to do 7000+ extractions in one day and three procedures a day?

By the way that question is not directed at you.

I am annoyed because donor hair is limited, if it wasn't, I wouldn't be posting on here today.

I feel it is incumbent on all ethical, responsible and recommended doctors to treat donor hair as important as it is, give it your 100% attention.

All the money in the world can't buy you new donor hair.

AI agree with you man. I haven't found any results posted from members in this community that are par withe the results that the Dr posted. Don't waste your time arguing here and focus on the Dr and please post the results of your conversation with them

Dear Leindub,

We are very sorry for this situation. We want you to know that we are ready to do anything for you. We wish you had shared with us the situation and had sent your photos each month.That way we could have seen the process and could have taken some measures to get the result better. We could have recommeded you some medications or offered you PRP treatment.

Please be sure that we will take this responsability and will do anything to make you happy; refund or another operation...

Please contact us to discuss what we can do.

Best Reagards,

Dr.Yaman

+905456001234

info@resulyaman.com