HT with Dr Resul Yaman (3400 grafts)

leindub

Cheers for the info.

It's definitely a more tempting prospect than going to Blackrock for 10 quid a graft.

Blackrock charges are just ridiculously way too expensive. It's extortionate.

And the only results you get to see are a handful of celebrities.

Doing your research and being prepared to travel is the way to go.

Edited by leindub

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

Most stuff is overpriced here, plus the lack of competition from other fue doctors doesn't help - it makes sense to travel abroad.

Did you pay a % deposit up front, then the rest in cash?

Yup.

Most stuff is overpriced here, plus the lack of competition from other fue doctors doesn't help - it makes sense to travel abroad.

Did you pay a % deposit up front, then the rest in cash?

Definitely makes sense to consider travel as an option. For what I paid for, I received 3400 grafts, the same budget at Blackrock would have got me just 340 grafts.

I didn't pay a deposit. But needed to email my flight itinerary before my booking confirmed, and hotel accommodation arranged.

I paid in cash.

Edited by leindub

I'm also considering Dr. Resul Yaman also, but when i spoke to his assistant he told me that extractions are done by technicians under his supervision, so there is a misleading here unlike his recommendation details.....

I'm also considering Dr. Resul Yaman also, but when i spoke to his assistant he told me that extractions are done by technicians under his supervision, so there is a misleading here unlike his recommendation details.....

Hi Toni,

That is annoying but I'm sure it is some kind of miscommunication. From personal accounts on here Dr Raman sounds very hands on and I'm sure you have already read but he stated this in another thread which we have no reason to doubt:

"I decide the transplantation area and the hairline.I use a special technic to draw the hairline. Some parts of the eyebrows and the ending point of the eyelids are marked in order to take measurements. From these marks to the edge of the face, I take measurements and equalize both sides to form a symmetric line.

I create the recipient incisions by using lateral slits.

I do extraction with micromotor by myself by using 0,7-0,8 and rarely 0.9 punches according to the hair thickness . I lower the spin speed of the device. It is a very good device that lets us get extractions similar to manual FUE.

The assistants carry out the planting.

I have modified the current procedure a bit.Because the grafts spend more time outside of the body with this procedure. I pay attention to not to extract more than 1500 follicles at once.The operation might be done from one to four phases.After extracting and implanting 1000-1500 grafts. It is repeated fort he next phases.

I have gone through the forum and realised that some problems had raised.My clinic is in a hospital which has many doctors from different specialty work and aproved by Turkish Ministry of Health.I operate one or two patients a day which I think is still tiring.You can be sure that we are not a clinic which cares too much about financial concerns and operating many patients in a day and most of the work done by assailants"

i don't have anything against him,i really like his work, but i am only mentioning what his assistant said to me when i asked him twice using whats app and the conversation is saved in my phone and it is very clear.

hi dr yaman

could you clarify what has been stated by toni in the previous post please, do you do the extractions yourself or do the technicians do it under your supervision as your assistant has stated. Im considering booking with you and very interested in your response thanks

sivy

I must say this is very disappointing, hyperhair had his fue done a few days ago his thread is here

FUE 4450 (Including 200 in scar) Dr.Resul Yaman - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

he mentions someone named aly doing the extractions . even though he says hes experienced its still misleading . i was considering dr yaman because from his clinic it In my consultation it states he does all the extractions and incisions and planning the techs only do the implants but from patients on here this is not the case . Its very off putting with so many clinics doing this , and i must say you lose trust . if you are quoted something and fly out 4 hours surely you should at least get what you have paid for and been quoted for . I was just about to book my flight :confused:

never mind the search goes on

sivy

Dr. Yaman,

Can you clarify whether or not extractions are performed by you personally or by a technician? In your recommendation profile, it states that you alone perform all the extractions.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear members

To be clear, generally,I personally do the extractions. The extraction parts of the %95 of the operations are realized by me. But sometimes I hardly have time to breathe. In this situation, I want my most experienced technician to do the extraction under my control. He has 6 years experience in hair transplantation and I trust him, his experience and his skills.

I want to clarify something. Even if my most experienced techinician does the extraction rarely, almost invariably I do the extractions. Please keep on trusting us.

You can contact us about anything and anytime via;

+90 545 600 1234

• 6 months later...

Have not been regularly keeping up with this forum of late, mainly due to work and study.

Occasionally do throw my eye over it and see many threads on Turkey etc etc

So, one year update.

I have to say that I am not very pleased with my overall result. I think it is average or some days feel it is quite below average.

I've seen patients with similar hair loss to me get circa 3500 grafts (I got 3400 grafts) and they got much better results. My overall result is too thin, I need to use Nanogen/Toppik.

I found that grafts stop growing post 5.5 months, and on one hairline side 4.5 months.

I wonder does FUE grow quicker but yield less.

Overall, I expected a much better result, it is too thin on the left side and mid scalp.

Was promised final result would yield overall 80 hairs per sq cm, not a chance that occured.

Edited by leindub

Have not been regularly keeping up with this forum of late, mainly due to work and study.

Occasionally do throw my eye over it and see many threads on Turkey etc etc

So, one year update.

I have to say that I am not very pleased with my overall result. I think it is average or slightly above average. I've seen patients with similar hair loss to me get circa 3500 grafts (I got 3400 grafts) and they got much better results. My overall result is too thin, I need to use Nanogen/Toppik.

I found that grafts stop growing post 5.5 months, and on one hairline side 4.5 months.

I wonder does FUE grow quicker but yield less.

Overall, I expected a much better result, it is too thin on the left side and mid scalp.

Was promised final result would yield overall 80 hairs per sq cm, not a chance that occured.

Hi there,

Sorry for hearing it from you. and,

I had a surgery with Dr.Yaman too. I am just passing about 6month after OP. not satisfied too. wanted to ask if you have new growth after 6month, Usually you should see the density by 6month, and it will only get thicker after that. I reckon.

I 3 weeks about from Yaman so at moment can't really comment, one thing I will though is that Yaman did not do my extractions which I was concerned about, they kept swapping assistants to do this which was a little wary about and I'm sure at one point a apprentice was havin a go so I called the English speaker in to say do not let a apprentice near my head, dr done Prp and lateral slits but that was it, I was concerned about my donor prior to surgery as I mentioned I had one before from another dr and I had hardly any scarring and healed quick so I was concerned about scars, at present my donor is defo not healing like the 1st surgery but as said only 3 weeks so I'm not saying anything bad at mo just want I'm finding at present , hopefully result will be what I'm hoping for but will keep all posted , but as said dr 100per cent did not do extractions and I'm not gonna lie I was not happy about that but fingers crossed all good in end

Sorry to hear that Leindub. Could you post some images of your hair at the 1 year mark?

I will post pics tomorrow.

Basically there is no way I got the bulk of my 3400 grafts to grow and because I am a year out I believe I am at my end result. Infact I got no further growth after six momths.

I 3 weeks about from Yaman so at moment can't really comment, one thing I will though is that Yaman did not do my extractions which I was concerned about, they kept swapping assistants to do this which was a little wary about and I'm sure at one point a apprentice was havin a go so I called the English speaker in to say do not let a apprentice near my head, dr done Prp and lateral slits but that was it, I was concerned about my donor prior to surgery as I mentioned I had one before from another dr and I had hardly any scarring and healed quick so I was concerned about scars, at present my donor is defo not healing like the 1st surgery but as said only 3 weeks so I'm not saying anything bad at mo just want I'm finding at present , hopefully result will be what I'm hoping for but will keep all posted , but as said dr 100per cent did not do extractions and I'm not gonna lie I was not happy about that but fingers crossed all good in end

I insisted the day before my procedure that Dr Yaman do all the extractions.

My extractions were broken into two parts. Dr Yaman definitely fully did the first part but the second part I feel he did part of that extraction process if that makes sense.

I wonder if any of the experienced posters can chime in on this, is it possible for a doctor to do the groundwork for extractions and for a technician to actually then go in and extract them.

I certainly remember feeling that the second extraction phase was different to the first phase.

I insisted the day before my procedure that Dr Yaman do all the extractions.

My extractions were broken into two parts. Dr Yaman definitely fully did the first part but the second part I feel he did part of that extraction process if that makes sense.

I wonder if any of the experienced posters can chime in on this, is it possible for a doctor to do the groundwork for extractions and for a technician to actually then go in and extract them.

I certainly remember feeling that the second extraction phase was different to the first phase.

He done 0 of my extractions wernt happy bout it but saying that as mentioned 4 weeks post so still healing, the assistants swapped throughout the day, he had like 3 patients goig art same time

• 2 weeks later...

He did break my extractions into 2 parts (3500 grafts) even though they say 1000 grafts per break.

He did all my extraction part 1 by himself, but he prepared some of the 2nd part and the technicians took the grafts out of my donor area. Ali (technician) did extract about 50 grafts of my donor area with the micro motor.

My left hairline and left midscalp is quite thin. I'm wondering if part 2 extraction made by technician did ruin some of the grafts.

If Dr. Yaman does have 3 patients at a time, some of the moderators should seriously ask the doctor for an explanation and consider the recommendation again. This is typically the mentality of so many doctors - getting money-thirsty.

In my most recent transplant, Dr Yaman performed all extractions and I did not have to make any stipulations about this. He did all incisions and the techs only did the implanting.

Weird. Leindub and my self did the surgery the same exact day. We experienced the same and we were only 2 patients. Wondering how he have time to do all the extractions by him self, if he hadn't time for me and Leindub. And the other guy say that he now have 3 patients. Hmmm

BTW, Dr. Yaman is a great artist regarding hairline and philosophy. It is just disappointing to read more and more complaints about this doctor.

• 3 months later...

So today is my sixteenth month to the day I had my transplant.

Things are as good as they're going to get and I am very underwhelmed with my results.

At five months in, things looked quite well, looking back now, I realise the PRP I received the day before my treatment certainly helped with thickening and most definitely darkening my hair at the time.. It is as if the PRP at five months was temporarily masking a poor result.

I would like some feedback from the forum on my result, for 3400 grafts, I think the result is poor. I am considering a request for a partial refund from Dr Resul.

I spent alot of time researching doctors, looked at plenty of results posted by Dr Resul but admittedly not many by actual patients, my results don't mirtor the results he posted.

A couple of months ago I did get a whatsapp message from their rep guaranteeing their results and if not satisfied perhaps they can provide more services.

I only have about 1500 grafts left, and I do not intend returning to a surgeon with those precious grafts that has already delivered a poor result.

First two pictures 16 months, third picture day before surgery.

20161210_145848.thumb.jpg.99c87c4ad54679b62d76c08b1a064d50.jpg

20170320_110916.thumb.jpg.99bd3367b9976740e3038d4ae7aee085.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0020.thumb.jpg.cef79da1bc6d5df7868f099de1bb1ce9.jpg

Edited by leindub

Under normal lighting it actually looks decent. Definately deserves another 2k for the final result!

Go with a reputable surgeon for your final transplant who has a flawless record.