HT with Dr Resul Yaman (3400 grafts)

leindub

After spending last three years(alot of my research done on here) looking into correcting a previous bad hair transplant from about sixteen years ago and to improve the density of my frontal/mid part from stress related hair loss four years ago.. At the time got a bad shed for about ten months but thankfully that episode has long subsided. Unfortunately not all the shedded hair grew back.

I've been on Fin and minoxidil consistently for the past seven years.

After many online and face to face consultations, I chose Dr Yaman.

The plan was to improve my hairline with a camouflaging technique. My old receding hairline was unlevel, irregular density and some hairs growing in wrong direction. I opted not to extract and reposition some, I didn't want to add extra trauma to the area, the day of OP.

And the rest of the plan was to improve the density further back with the remaing grafts.

At a later stage I plan to have FUE into my scar and will consider then to top up on my current procedure.

3400 grafts in total.

810 singles.

1850 doubles.

760 multiples.

As for chosing Dr Resul Yaman.

I had looked into Irish and UK doctors and to be honest they are alot more expensive. (One in particular charges 10 euro per graft)

I did look a little further a field in europe but ultimately my budget didn't stretch to what ideally I wanted done.

After dismissing Turkey for a long time, I decided I would explore the idea.

I've spent the last few months looking at Dr Yaman work/results online, ethos, price etc etc

I did look elsewhere in Turkey but I could fly direct to Istanbul from home. It's two flights to Ankara each way for example.

And also the fact that Dr Resul Yaman is recommended on here.

Finally, all my contact via email, whatsapp, until I had my face to face consultation with Dr Yaman was with Fikret, a clinic rep.

Fikret is a top guy. Extremely helpful, easy going, answers any questions, even sometimes the same ones asked multiple times.:)

Honestly, from my first day arriving in Istanbul to the last day returning home to Ireland, I cannot fault any of the service/consultation/procedure on the day, Dr Yaman, his team, Fikret and the drivers, and the hotel.

IMG-20151213-WA0023-1.jpg.a26a5aba438099420e6ab11c6569d953.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0020.jpg.9acaaf6738b75551939304c181d31986.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0018.jpg.508e7685a96b7c35a534d7a5da39604c.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0017.jpg.23b3e7b5a862403702615e1106ca83a1.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0015.jpg.137d3904d25e2a861100f63acc2d235f.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0009.jpg.4cbca9a3276847421f67a966fb7125db.jpg

IMG-20151213-WA0003-1.jpg.afdee2b99aa7ba937f387461b3d54adc.jpg

Edited by leindub

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My procedure was nine days ago.

I'm having trouble uploading my photos. Will try sort it out.

Just to add.

Everything that was detailed in the price was delivered on.

Transfers to and from airport.

Transport to and from the clinic each day.

Excellent hotel accommodation included.

PRP included.

Dr Yaman performed extractions and incisions.

Hotel, hospital and airport all within a twenty minute radius.

Edited by leindub

Sounds like a excellent deal to me. I keep seeing good things from this Dr ! do you know if he does

BHT too?

I enquired a little about BHT into my scar. Fikret, the rep told me, that Dr Yaman can use beard hair as far as I recall.

Probably better contacting the clinic.

Yes thanks I have emailed them :-). I believe that your going to have a great result looking at the pics you have posted.

Looks like you have a good donor area too !

Cheers. Fingers crossed.

I'm also healing quite quickly. Perhaps it is the PRP pre-procedure.

I'm considering Dr. Resul Yaman, does he do most of the work or do the technicians? His prices are great and that is what really got my attention, plus his work is very good. Was there a lot of people there at his clinic for a transplant? thank you

Just adding my experience to the thread - when i had mine done, Dr Yaman did all anaesthesia, all extractions and all incisions but his technicians (who seem to know what they're doing) did the implanting. When i had mine done, there was 1 other patient each day. Hope that helps

I'm considering Dr. Resul Yaman, does he do most of the work or do the technicians? His prices are great and that is what really got my attention, plus his work is very good. Was there a lot of people there at his clinic for a transplant? thank you

He did the anathestic injections on one side.

Did all incisions and extractions.

And obviously designed/drew the hairline.

• 3 months later...

Below are photos from my four month update. Taken just a couple days after the four month mark.

I feel like and am happy that the outlier of a hairline is developing(well better than my pre-op hairline) and with just four months in, hopefully this can only get better.

Also I feel the hairline is growing faster than the mid part but in saying that, when I run my hands through my scalp it's like as if I feel new hair all around mid region, but not necessarily see all of it. If that makes sense.

To sum up, I'm happy with my progress thus far. Three photos were taking in front of a window with daylight coming in, one photo of me standing against a bedroom wall, further back but in the same room and light.

20160411_135341.thumb.jpg.c71eddb97f84ca2bd97a9ac5e1d60eb8.jpg

20160409_105624.thumb.jpg.a97b80b29d09a810495560ae4533f4e6.jpg

20160409_105402.thumb.jpg.3a90375edd072c9c8f8c0b740b424f71.jpg

20160411_135753.thumb.jpg.0ec55bb0a3cc6a5cc45c8e359d470874.jpg

Are you taking any propecia or applying minoxidil? looks good for 4 months.

Thanks r5000.

I've been on both Propecia and minoxidil for years and continued to do so since my surgery.

However I did add biotin and MSM to my regime post procedure to try enhance the pace of hair growth.

• 4 weeks later...

Five month update. A couple of pics taken over the weekend.

I found from month four to month five the hair thickening and darkening.

20160504_173506.thumb.jpg.4b8efd350d1e4649f5637ffc6139cd92.jpg

20160504_173500.thumb.jpg.eef531d9e5c07e5b87fe60b7c3af1972.jpg

Edited by leindub

Wow! Keep the monthly updates coming. Dramatic transformation already! Congratulations!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Wow! Keep the monthly updates coming. Dramatic transformation already! Congratulations!

Looks great, your one year mark should be excellent. Can't wait to book with this doctor.

Thanks both!

Looks great so far leindub.

How soon after contacting Yaman were you able to schedule the procedure - was there much of a waiting list/period?

Hey Grouchy. Thanks!

Last November I was making my final decision on which clinic to choose. After deciding to have my surgery with Dr Resul Yaman and making contact with the clinic, I think mid November, I had my procedure done first week in December. There was a couple of appointments in November but they didn't suit me.