Post HT instructions on a famous HT website, Experts weigh in!!!.

Found these instructions on a famous HT surgeon's website, highlighted the ones which I have never heard of before, experts please weigh in, I have never heard of something like ''donot wear hat for 4weeks!!!'

Patient who are travelling by air with a flight time greater than 5 hours must stay in the location of their procedure for 7 days. The cabin air may dry out and potentially kill the grafts and thus affecting their growth.

Hats are not to be worn over the grafted areas for 4 weeks.

Exercise involving aerobics, lifting weights is not allowed for 4 weeks.

Sun exposure of grafted areas is to be avoided for 3-6 months.

Swimming with the head under water is not allowed for 1 year.

My Thread: 

I dont know about posting rules for links but here it is::

Mods if links not allowed please feel free to remove it: gotothe bottom and click on the general information on FUE technique

(link removed by moderator)

Edited by David - Moderator

My Thread: 

Found these instructions on a famous HT surgeon's website, highlighted the ones which I have never heard of before, experts please weigh in, I have never heard of something like ''donot wear hat for 4weeks!!!'

Patient who are travelling by air with a flight time greater than 5 hours must stay in the location of their procedure for 7 days. The cabin air may dry out and potentially kill the grafts and thus affecting their growth.

Hats are not to be worn over the grafted areas for 4 weeks.

Exercise involving aerobics, lifting weights is not allowed for 4 weeks.

Sun exposure of grafted areas is to be avoided for 3-6 months.

Swimming with the head under water is not allowed for 1 year.

Rahal has a similar view regarding flying. Feller believes flying immediately post op is fine. Go figure I guess

Every doc's post op instructions are different from what I can see - similar but different. I've read no alcohol for 2 weeks preop from one doc and only 3 days preop from another. Similar with washing regiment. Some docs say use spray bottle for the first 10 days, absolutely no showers, etc. Its all different based on their tweaking of experiences - the best rule of thumb is to follow instructions as closely as you can but to use your common sense too..

How about sun exposure?, I have seen people debate that on the forum before. Would sun exposure do something to those grafts?. i presume eventually one has to expose ones scalp to the SUN?.

My Thread: 

Wow never heard the "4 weeks no hats rule" and "no flying = air pressure = graft killer" rule.

Same for the no hair under water for 1 year rule....

I hope this is cray cray and not new stuff to be paranoid over....

I only waited out 5 days till I was on a 24 hr flight...

Then again this clinic is known for lousy results so I hope their post op manual editor is as lousy as their docs.

Unless you're dragging the hat aggressively against your grafts right after post op that recommendation would seems pretty baseless.

Website is a bit suspect. "Order DVD" ad front and center, that first FUE video testimonial features a guy being interviewed without a single before or after picture, and then of course there's the 8 international operating locations. Sweet.

Edited by esrec