2 Months HT Evaluation

I had my HT 10 weeks ago so my question is now the black spots appears (as shown in attached picture ) on my scalp this is normal or not ?

Overall condition of my scalp is satisfied at 10 weeks stage ? and what about the hair growth at this stage please evaluate and explain?

I also attached one immediate post op picture (same day) I am worried about the bleeding does this type of bleeding is normal after immediate of hair transplant but I did not see any bleeding on next day of procedure (Doctor Used FUT method with No Touch Auto Inject)?

5b32e938dfdf4_10weeksA.jpg.8786f93aea3253f1111f8ceeb29b02ce.jpg

5b32e939069f9_10weeksB.jpg.bfa563e84db3d62cafe6b8c9c47426ee.jpg

5b32e9391d122_10WeeksC.jpg.644c228cbc1fcab4180f0acc52b2a72d.jpg

5b32e9392d733_ImmediatePostOpPic.jpg.6896c5c2a102ef0ec1f4c39ed94b0b2a.jpg

Don't understand why recipient area wasn't shaved??

Doesn't always have to be shaved, especially with FUT. However, the bleeding does look excessive. This could also be due to that the pic was taken before it was all cleaned up?

Pre-op pic would be helpful.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Of course it doesn't have to be - its better when it is - cleaner and easier to make recipient site incisions, no transecting of native hairs, etc. The good docs will insist on having the receipient area shaved for those reasons..

Thanks for your valuable reply.

but does this blood effect the transplanted hair grafts ?

what about the black spots you can see in other pictures these black spots are scabs or damaged grafts?

overall condition of my scalp is normal at 11 week stage what you say ?

At two months there is little to evaluate to be fair but you appear to have not suffered any or much shock loss so that itself is very good news. Does look to be a lot of bleeding and that will have made the surgery more difficult but perhaps they just didn't clean you up that well after surgery which most clinics will.

You mention black dots? I can't see what you mean from your photos but I do see what looks like darker areas of skin, perhaps it is just the photos but you need to make sure this is not dead skin laying on the surface of your scalp as this will have a direct effect on your growth and healing.

Please enlighten me as to what the no touch auto inject is all about? I ask because of the bleeding in the recipient certainly looks like you were touched.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

It looks like dead skin. When you wash your hair you should really soak your scalp and aggressively wash your scalp I think you will find these will come loose.

Thanks for the link after experiencing the 'No Touch' technique did it live up to your expectations?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

In four decades I have never seen a scalp that bloody post-op and definitely not the norm. Were you on any blood thinners by chance?

The 10 week photos show that you healed very well!...;)

Let us know how things go for you once you get into the fourth month and more post-op to see how your regrowth is going.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

blood reason could be just because of the technology (No touch Auto Inject) which is used my doctor for HT. how much effected this blood for my transplanted grafts?

when i touch my scalp it is not very smooth it is just because of my remaining scab , dead skin or something else?

still i can see black spots on my scalp even after 12 weeks. what are these black spots ?

• 1 year later...

Considering these black spots haven't gone away, are you able to go into your surgeon to be evaluated in person? If not, maybe go to a general dermatologist? If these weren't here before your HT and they don't seem to be going away, I think it's worth getting a professional opinion on.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

That's not a very clean post op pic, do you have one the day after for comparison?

Your head shouldn't be dripping in blood before you leave the doctor's clinic.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016