3036 grafts dr ferriera at seager

don174

My itchiness pretty much subsided by around one month after the transplant.....still had some itch afterwards but nothing like the first month.....I bet your itch is from the minoxidil.....I can't use that stuff cause it makes my scalp extremely itchy.....its probably the propylene glycol used in the liquid form.....I don't think the minoxidil foam has that in it.....you might be better using the foam

That I don't know.....I don't use minoxidil at all.....I tried the liquid and it made my scalp super itchy and never tried the foam......sorry now I just saw in your original post you are using the foam......must have just skipped right over "foam" the first time I read it.

You are doing well with post-op healing so far. Thanks for sharing, Don174.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a silly question, but Iam 11 wks post op and still can't see a clear definitive hairline. I realize it's takes at least 3-4 months before hair starts growing , but should I be seeing some kinda outline ? Can see from my pics . I'll post my 3 month pic after feb 6

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Iam 3 months today. I notice that when I still wash my hair or run my hands thru my wet hair, Iam getting few (5-6) hairs on my hand . I've been on propecia for 6 months now .is this shedding still fine at this point?

Also got an update on my hair count : 1's-211, 2650 mix of 2 and 3's, and 185 smaller hairs placed further back for total 3036.

Prob Waite to post a pic nxt month at 4 months when hopefully I see growth as still nothing yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There's definitely growth, at 4 months the hairs are just barely starting to sprout, they're thin and colorless, there is absolutely no need to worry at this point.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There's definitely growth, at 4 months the hairs are just barely starting to sprout, they're thin and colorless, there is absolutely no need to worry at this point.

Hey HTsoon, your hairs looked more fuller at 4 months .

I feel like it's just my native hair that's longer. Hope you're right .

• Administrators
Hey HTsoon, your hairs looked more fuller at 4 months .

I feel like it's just my native hair that's longer. Hope you're right .

Not really, you took your pictures under harsh light, here was me at 3.5 months, its pretty much the same except I had hair product and the lighting wasn't that harsh.

IMG_3205.JPG

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
I still don't have a " hairline" yet. Should I have one in the nxt month at the 5 month mark?

The hairline is there except the hairs are very light and make no cosmetic difference, you should start seeing a hairline by 6 months.

View my thread

Iam 3 months today. I notice that when I still wash my hair or run my hands thru my wet hair, Iam getting few (5-6) hairs on my hand . I've been on propecia for 6 months now .is this shedding still fine at this point?

Also got an update on my hair count : 1's-211, 2650 mix of 2 and 3's, and 185 smaller hairs placed further back for total 3036.

Prob Waite to post a pic nxt month at 4 months when hopefully I see growth as still nothing yet.

Hey man, similar journey. You have more hair than me at surgery but you are also a decade younger. :D Glad you got on meds so early - they will probably help you more than me. I was not quite as advanced as you in early 30s but lost another serious batch around age 36-39.

As for your results, you should be getting some hairs sprouting in your hairline but I wouldnt assume a firm hairline yet. I think around month 6 you should see that forming. I am only at month 2 and just have random hairs sprouting here and there (not a lot) so you are a few months ahead of me. And yes you do have growth - you should put your pre and post op photos right next to each other, might help you out. Whenever I get like that I look at my pre op and go "Oh sh!!!" haha. Also being diffuse you might have some hairs that were on their way out anyhow and the stress of the surgery permanently sent them to the grave so until the transplanted ones grow out you won't have that to cover it up.

As for hairs falling out yeah hairs still fall out - you shed X amount of hairs every day in life - hair loss is not from shedding its from lack of regrowing what is shedding.

And minox does cause shedding. I was never on it until post op and around week 6 on it got some crown and lateral hump (rear) shed so dealing with that now. In theory it should come back stronger in 3-4 months down the road too.

You've gotten thru bulk of ugly duckling stage so months 5-7 are usually when things get going nicely.

Is this FUT or FUE? I assume FUT since your back of head was not shaved?

p.s. how did you choose your surgeon? I have not heard of you doctor's name. Thx.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Thanx for the info . I couldn't handle the shedding on minox, so just stuck with fin.

I picked dr Ferreira at Seager b/c I found him to be the most honest and answered my questions well. I met with other Drs in Toronto , as well as rahal's representative, and didn't find them that helpful or had good pics .Lets hope I made the right decision.

Thanx for the info . I couldn't handle the shedding on minox, so just stuck with fin.

The shedding is part of the process so if you can live thru those few months the idea is you come out better on the other side.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).