Hi All,

This is my very first post here but I reading others posts from long time. I am considering Dr. Tejinder Bhatti for my first HT and hopefully in November 2015. he recommend 3500 grafts to me. I have few doubts and questions which might already answered many times before but it is very hard to explore all of existing topics with accurate answers.

So here are the questions:-

1. How important Finasteride (Propecia) is after HT?

2. Does one get more benefits if he start few weeks before HT, instead of afterward?

3. What is a recommended dose of Finasteride to avoid side effects and does brand also make any difference (Cipla or Propecia)?

4. What about A-cell Injections? Is that really help to boost the growth after HT?

5. Which one you recommend new or used Harris Punch and is that actually effect on success of HT?

6. DR. Bhatti have two packages for INR 89 and INR 99. Which one you recommend and why?

Thanks everyone in advance. :-)

Patient of Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 2942 Grafts FUE.

Meds as recommended by Doctor:-

1. Finasteride 1mg daily (Reduced to .5 after 7 months).

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

3. Baby Shampoo twice a week.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread:

yes agreed and that's why I want to know the opinion of all experienced people available here. I would be thankful if you share your views too.

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread:

I'm no expert on the subject by any means but I will try and answer with my opinions.

1. I think FIN will certainly help but I do not think it's crucial. The possible side effects are very worrying and just not worth the risk.

2. I have no idea, sorry.

3. Again I haven't used it, I did use regaine in the early days of my hair loss and it helped a lot but I stopped as it was irritating my scalp.

4. Don't know anything about this

5. As above.

6. Don't know.

There are a lot of people on here with much more knowledge than me including doctors so I hope you get the answers you require in more detail.

Ha ha ha, lol thanks for answering all the above questions honestly. I would wait for more replies.

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread:

Hi All,

This is my very first post here but I reading others posts from long time. I am considering Dr. Tejinder Bhatti for my first HT and hopefully in November 2015. he recommend 3500 grafts to me. I have few doubts and questions which might already answered many times before but it is very hard to explore all of existing topics with accurate answers.

So here are the questions:-

2. Does one get more benefits if he start few weeks before HT, instead of afterward?

3. What is a recommended dose of Finasteride to avoid side effects and does brand also make any difference (Cipla or Propecia)?

4. What about A-cell Injections? Is that really help to boost the growth after HT?

5. Which one you recommend new or used Harris Punch and is that actually effect on success of HT?

6. DR. Bhatti have two packages for INR 89 and INR 99. Which one you recommend and why?

1. Yes it is important for obvious reasons...but if you don't bald beyond NW4 you can get away without using it..

2. Better to start before, some docs recommend using propecia for 12 months then get HT, which is great advise, and shows the doc has your best interests at heart as opposed to his bank balance.

3. Brand is unimportant. Recomended dose is 1mg, you can take less, but beware many have temprary side effects that will go away, this is pretty normal, long term effects are rare, but yes there are horror stories online, but isn't there for practically everything.

4. I don't know much about Acell.

5. don't think it matters, best not to focus too much on the tools, more the technique,skill, results of the doctor, although i'm not a fan of neograts or motorised FUE.

6. No idea

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

1. Extremely IMO. It allows you to keep what you have for an extended period.

2. This is a question for your doc.

3. I take generic. Some say that brand name Proscar is better but I personally have not seen evidence of that.

4. I don't know that it gives you a better result but maybe faster results. I really don't know for sure. I don't think it hurts but I'm not sure if it's worth the money.

5. No idea

6. No idea

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

A: That depends on the extent of hair loss. If you have enough native hair to preserve it may help keeping it longer. However, it doesn't work for everyone, and it will not regrow what you have already lost.

A; The benefit is getting it into you system early so that the shock loss coexists with the hair transplant. Finasteride will NOT prevent shock lost despite what others say.

A: There isn't any. Side effects are the result of ones bodies reaction to the hormonal deficiency the drug creates. Everyones body reacts differently. Side effects are low risk gamble.

A: I cannot answer this.

A: I cannot answer.

A: I cannot answer.

Thanks everyone for the information you shared. I already posted same questions to 3 different doctors let's see what they think and I will share with all of you as well.

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread: