Goodbye Hair System!

This client wore a hair system for over 20 years after a poor HT left mini grafts and cobblestoning in his frontal zone and a wide strip scar.

adnsw7.jpg

2vcyq87.jpg

wr1afn.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Nice work. How often do you expect to have to re-do the SMP? When I had the SMP two days in a row, the second day was pretty uncomfortable. I'm not looking forward to doing it again. I want to get my donor scars done too but I'm guessing that will hurt quite a bit more becuase it's into scar?

Hi London,

Thanks! The fade time will vary from person to person depending on factors such as exposure to sunlight, chlorine, the individual's metabolism, etc. Ideally you should get 1-2 years before needing a touch-up.

The second day is always a bit more sore because the area is naturally more sensitive from being hit with the needle so many times. If you keep up with maintenance though it will likely be a one day affair next time.

Most of my donor scar clients have been fine with pain. A few fell asleep during it. But one guy did squirm quite a bit. Again, I think this might vary from person to person. I suggest letting any scarring heal for at least 1 year before hitting it with pigment.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

"SMP makes every guy look like a BADASSMUFKA"

It is amazing the shift we see in a client's demeanor once they have a hairline again! They get some serious swagger...Perhaps our slogan should be: SMP Looks-- We'll make you look like one BADASSMUFKA

Edited by hairthere

"would have been nice to see the back of the head too though."

Hi Petchski, Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Not sure what you mean by this, though. Do you mean a close up of the back?

Thanks Modern!

"would have been nice to see the back of the head too though."

Hi Petchski, Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! Not sure what you mean by this, though. Do you mean a close up of the back?

Thanks Modern!

Yes, but actually there is one there, so i don't know if you've edited the post to add an picture of the back of his head, or if i simply didn't notice the picture first time round.

That was one bad scar, still visable but much improved. I'm thinking of getting smp in to my scar if i shave short in the future, instead of FUE grafts. It's good to see that there are choices out there. SMP, FUe into scar. You're doing good work from the pictures i've seen online :)

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Petchski,

That picture was always there my man! Yes, he was victim to some 90s strip work. SMP does a nice job concealing strip scars but it will always be somewhat visible because it is what it is....void of hair. FUE/SMP combo could work really well, too. And thanks for the props!

gregd, Thanks! Yes, he was pretty downbeat from being a slave to a hair system all those years. I have a pretty great video interview with him that I'll be posting soon.

home1212,

Thank you! You can check my website for more examples of work I've done and if you like email me some pictures and I can get a better idea if it's a good option for you info@smplooks.com

Win200, Yes, he is really happy with his new look... Thanks!

Very impressive, especially from the front. I feel for the guy with that scar in the back, but you guys did wonders to make it as good as (most likely) possible.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks pkiplink! We actually just did a model shoot with this client and it is amazing how much more confident he looks!