Need Advise/Suggestion on HT & Dr Recommendations

ramboshair

Hi Guys,

I'm 28yrs and losing hair from last 7 years.I have uploaded my photos in the album(After applying Rogaine).

Please have a look and advise me on the below queries.

• For my current norwood scale how many grafts do you think will give a good density on Front and Top.Am I at norwood scale 4 or 5?

• My native hair is thin and experiencing good miniaturization.At what norwood scale I may land in the future and also after HT if I loss all these native miniaturized hair due to shock loss then how are the chances of regrowth for this native hair along with the transplanted hair?

• As of now I'm on rogaine but never tried propecia.If I'm getting 4 to 5k grafts and not using propecia then will this grafts density cover my front top even though If I'm loosing my native hair?

• I am looking for a one time procedure and Can you please suggest/recommend any doctors based on my case details.As of now I'm in USA?

Any other advise/Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance mates

Edited by ramboshair

Can you post some photos? That would help a lot...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Pics aren't enough to see all of your donor so it is hard to give advice at this point.

Most people should plan on at least 2 procedures minimum over a lifetime.

You really should consider an in person consult. To get you started it depends where you are at and how far you will travel. Gabel, Shapiro-SMG, Konoir, and Cooley are all good starts and cover from West to East Coast respectively and all are excellent physicians.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Welcome to the forum. As others have said it is difficult to see your pattern as you have not supplied photos of all the back of your head but from the one that you did supply I can see some thinning at the top of the photo which would tie in with the top of your scalp that you are heading for a NW6.

You have diffused loss that could be improved and thickened by taking medication which most Doctors would want you to be on before surgery. Speak to you own family Doctor regarding this.

If your loss is not stable you can never say one surgery and done and you can rarely say one procedure will be enough in your situation even if your loss is stable. I would agree that you need 4k plus grafts to restore the front and mid scalp and approaching the crown.

Some good names of surgeons have already been suggested.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

ramboshair,

Got your PM and after taking a look at your pics it appears that you are nearing a full Norwood 7. Although you are not there yet, the diffused native hair on top is in an advanced stage of diffusion and will progress with continued loss. Hard to say if the meds are going to save much of that area.

There was only one photo of your donor so donor density and how viable your donor may be cannot be fairly evaluated from photos. This would take an in-person evaluation. It also appeared that there may be some diffusion going on at the base of your neck which may be nothing or it may be some retro-alopecia starting.

IMHO, 4,000 grafts will not get you where you want to be unless you cut your goals and expectations back. And you would need more than one procedure IMHO providing you had the donor reserves to accommodate that.

Have you considered buzz cutting your scalp? You have a good shaped scalp to do that.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

Hey ramboshair, I saw your photos, it's hard to say where you will end up, personally I don't think Norwood 7, Dr. Rassman, states that the majority of Norwood 7 have the clear pattern by age 26, you're 28, and still have a fairly good amount of hair, but I definitely think Norwood 6 in the future, the single most important thing in your case is to stabilize your hairloss, I use lipogaine a form of minoxidil I also use nizoral, I can't tolerate finasteride, but you can give it a shot if you're willing to risk it with the sides.

Now PLANNING is key with your case, you need to have your surgery as if you were full blown Norwood 6 that's how you need to approach it, conservative right now, in these cases I think less is more, for example, getting 3,000 grafts to your hairline would be disastrous. You're going to have to sacrifice either density or coverage, in your case unfortunately that's the reality. Also, try not think of what looks good now at 28 but what will look good at 38,48,58. A bald crown may look bad now, but when you're older it won't look bad and social stigma won't be bad either. My personal approach is to frame the face with a conservative hairline but not in the middle of your head so you have an 8 head not a forehead, make sure you reinforce the lateral humps this is ABSOLUTELY key in having a natural result, you probably won't have enough grafts to do the crown but that's to be expected.

Dr. Diep has a lot of high Norwood patients, but they've been FUT not FUE, Dr. Umar has a lot of high Norwood patients, he utilizes FUE+BHT with success, he's probably my next surgeon. I suggest consulting with as many surgeons as possible in person. This will give you a good idea of how many grafts you have and they'll be able to more accurately guess where you'll end up.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.