I've read the entire forum, so you don't have to...

newbie33

Dr Youngblood

mFUE scarring is FUE-like scarring! That's not to say it's the same as FUE scarring, just similar. I'm not being disingenuous, I wouldn't do that! I care passionately about ethics and the last thing I'm going to do is mislead anyone! I think this is a really exciting development which, together with our Strip-out philosophy, will have a synergistic effect on driving up our reputation and forum presence! Just um... don't cut your hair as short as you would expect to with FUE or the mFUE scars could show more easily.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a theme emerging with yours, LondonHT! Serious question - what made you depart from Dr Feller for your fourth procedure? Presumably, you researched and didn't land on him by luck for the first three HTs, which begs my second question: how come for the fourth you ended up with a doctor whose name you didn't/don't even know?

There's a theme emerging with yours, LondonHT! Serious question - what made you depart from Dr Feller for your fourth procedure? Presumably, you researched and didn't land on him by luck for the first three HTs, which begs my second question: how come for the fourth you ended up with a doctor whose name you didn't/don't even know?

I went to Dr Feller for the second HT because while the first had grown well I wanted it lower. The second didn't grow thickly, but I ignored the poor growth by brushing it down on the front. I didn't really think about it because my hair was thick otherwise. So it took years to get back to Dr Feller for an explanation. Then he screwed me around by being disingenuous on here, giving me phoney explanations for the result (which is why I felt entitled to a free procedure when the offer materialised). Anyway, I did go back to him for a small procedure because I was going over there for a trip. I had that small procedure - the third - and realised I should have got a bigger one. So I decided to get an FUE in Turkey at 6 months after the third op. Someone on here posted his result with Dr Eser ...something... and it looked great. Then someone else went over and I communicated with them, asking if Dr Eser operated on them and if it went well. They replied yes, although I later learnt they had misunderstood me and they got Eser's assistant. So, with it being a great price, I went for it. When I got there it turned out her assistant doctor was doing it instead. Growth was pretty good though, so it wasn't too bad an experience other than them over-thinning the donor area a bit.

There you go. No comedy material there, sorry!

Edited by LondonHTseeker

I'm impulsive and don't like agonising over decisions. I know there are a lot of anal retentives on here who plan their transplant to the Nth degree down to their colour of underwear on the big day but for better or worse that's not my style. At the time I was checking the forum for Turkish FUE names she was the cheapest one coming up with a good result: it was a risk I was prepared to take. I don't regret it, it worked out. I have my hair longer now I'm older and the donor thinning doesn't bother me much at all. In my opinion, it's not a cautionary tale so much as the reality of going for something on a tight budget at short notice. Essentially, it worked out. You can try with the satire if you want. I doubt you can do it convincingly. No doubt a few people here would queue up to proclaim your success and prove me wrong, your choice.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

I'm not going to turn it into a joke. That's not why I asked. Besides, the 'jokes' were all rather affectionate leg-pulling.

For me, planning a HT with one doctor but it being performed by another is definitely a cautionary tale. I would be pretty miffed if I was put into that situation. But then I'm probably higher up the anally-retentive scale when it comes to this :-)

(Navy boxers from John Lewis, should you be wondering).

Yeah, you have a point about the assistant doctor thing being a cautionary tale. I never mentioned an assistant and neither did they. I asked for surgery with Dr Eser, they said sure. I saw Dr Eser on the day before surgery, no mention she wouldn't be doing it. Then, on the day the assistant turned up. I guess Dr Eser would have been more expensive. Why they did it like that, I don't know. No clear answers from them after the event. And during surgery they were chatting away like they were in a bar! I wasn't pleased. Must be some comedy material there I guess.

Navy boxers from John Lewis eh? Very posh. My socks and boxers are from Tesco. Ha.

So what other characters are there to lampoon...

There's always more because, you know, the human condition. But if I kept trying more I'd get specific and would start to target individuals, which I don't really want to do*, because we can all be stupid, impatient, greedy, mistaken, want to believe in wishful thinking, and think we know more than we do. The joke posts all basically boil down to some universal human vices.

*(Except for YngDrReasonable, who was based on Blake, and done entirely out of admiration at his continued reasonableness)

That said...

ImPatient18 19:03:01s

So Dr Unheard-Off suggested 1900 grafts, while Dr Mostly-Titjobs suggested 1950 grafts. Why the difference?

ImPatient18 19:03:59s

Really? No one? No one can immediately answer my hyper esoteric question?

Yeah, ...

House of Cards:

Frank Underwood to Dr GoodFella - Dr, thank you so much for offering me a free MFUE procedure. You are a brilliant surgeon and an absolutely brilliant man. I am eternally grateful for you and think you are the absolute best surgeon in the world. You are not just my Dr, but consider yourself my best friend.

Sidebar - Frank turns to the camera and says - "This man is dispicable. I absolutely can't stand him. He just makes me sick. The only reason I have to be nice to him is because he has something I need. Once I am done with the free MFUE, I will spit him out like the piece of garbage he is."

Dr GoodFella to Frank - Thank you for your kind words Frank, unfortunately I am unable to perform a MFUE on you and will have to withdraw the offer. The reason is because you had a previous FUE procedure and it absolutely raped your donar supply. FUT is always better than FUE. One should always get FUT, but you never listened to me - you went and got FUE, now you are going to be eternally ruined. I can't help you anymore. FUT is king, and I am always right.

Frank Underwood to Dr GoodFella - Who do you think you are. Do you know who I am? I have more power than you can ever imagine. I think you are nothing and I will destroy you. I am going to make you regret the day you ever told me that one only needs to wait 6 months after a HT procedure for a 2nd one, whilst you told Shampoo that one needs to wait 8 months.

• Administrators
House of Cards:

Frank Underwood to Dr GoodFella - Dr, thank you so much for offering me a free MFUE procedure. You are a brilliant surgeon and an absolutely brilliant man. I am eternally grateful for you and think you are the absolute best surgeon in the world. You are not just my Dr, but consider yourself my best friend.

Sidebar - Frank turns to the camera and says - "This man is dispicable. I absolutely can't stand him. He just makes me sick. The only reason I have to be nice to him is because he has something I need. Once I am done with the free MFUE, I will spit him out like the piece of garbage he is."

Dr GoodFella to Frank - Thank you for your kind words Frank, unfortunately I am unable to perform a MFUE on you and will have to withdraw the offer. The reason is because you had a previous FUE procedure and it absolutely raped your donar supply. FUT is always better than FUE. One should always get FUT, but you never listened to me - you went and got FUE, now you are going to be eternally ruined. I can't help you anymore. FUT is king, and I am always right.

Frank Underwood to Dr GoodFella - Who do you think you are. Do you know who I am? I have more power than you can ever imagine. I think you are nothing and I will destroy you. I am going to make you regret the day you ever told me that one only needs to wait 6 months after a HT procedure for a 2nd one, whilst you told Shampoo that one needs to wait 8 months.

Lmao this is brilliant, I'm a house of cards fan too, I can totally picture frank :D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

RelateCounsellor

I've been going out with a girl for five years who says she likes my bald cue-ball head and really values our honest relationship. Yet I'm booked in to get 6,000 grafts with Dr Ressembler Toupe. Do you complete strangers think I should tell her I'm getting
HT
? Or, my preference, should I lie and tell her an entirely unbelievable story after the op about being beaten up and the trauma causing my hair to slowly regrow, thus ruining the trust and intimacy we've build up and marking the steady demise of my one chance at true love?

Edited by newbie33

Omg. Effing brilliant.

I think I'll chime in with a fourth motion to sticky this.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I was honest with my close family and closest friends - sounds like you got a good thing going - talk to her about it and why you decided to do it - the more support you have the better!

Haha. A serious reply to newbie's parody. That's one of the funniest things here.

Blake's gone oddly quiet since advocating the sticky...:rolleyes:

I was honest with my close family and closest friends - sounds like you got a good thing going - talk to her about it and why you decided to do it - the more support you have the better!

You're obviously a lovely bloke, Home, and I'd agree it's best to do it that way if people can bring themselves to admit it. Alas, I was continuing my joke posts: I'm quite incapable of maintaining a relationship over years, and least of all with a woman!

Still reading and advocating the sticky! Hilarious stuff!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

BeachBoy

In two weeks' time I'll be getting away from it all in Kokomo, having gotten there fast I will then be then taking it slow (Bermuda, Bahama). I just wondered if anybody knew a
HT
surgeon there, so I can get about 3,000 grafts in between my windsurfing on the Tuesday and my steel-band lesson on the Thursday morning? (Aruba, Jamaica). Any recommendation from a total stranger's brother's father's uncle will do. (Key Largo, Montego).

Edited by newbie33

Still reading and advocating the sticky! Hilarious stuff!

Good. There was nothing sarcastic in what I said - I genuinely am in awe at how reasonable you remain in the face of sometimes obvious idiocy or abuse.

NoMPB34

Because of the stigma and personal inferiority associated with male pattern baldness, I'm going to deny the bleeding obvious fact my hairloss is genetic and externalise the whole issue. Thus, I started losing my hair after the tragic, sudden and massively traumatic loss of my favourite 'Touch Me Elmo' rucksack / evil capitalist multi-nationals putting some special chemical in hair gel which means those men with great hair go bald / due to a rare illness affecting only black women in sub-Saharan Africa that has somehow crossed genotypes, continents and prognosis...

Edited by newbie33

Ad

I'm going to make point A, probably in a weird, round about sort of way and then leave it there - hanging like a malodorous fart - waiting for someone to walk right into it, before hitting them with various personal attacks. And yo Mama, she so fat, she's at serious risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes and a range of other life-limiting illnesses...

Infinitum

Well, I totally refute point A. And we'll be going back and forth like this for the rest of time, getting ever more personal and away from whatever point A was in the first place, if indeed it ever had a point. Well yo Mama, she is so fat that your father doesn't find her physically attractive anymore and it's putting a serious strain on both their physical and emotional relationship...