Taylor Launter loosing hair?

Rawkerboi

I saw these pictures yesterday and thought the exact same thing!

Touches on a very important point: thickness/density of your hair when you're younger has no bearing on whether or not you'll lose your hair or thin when you reach "male pattern baldness age."

I see guys in the office all the time who say: "I can't believe I lost hair! It was so thick and dense when I was a kid. My parents and grandparents said I would never lose that hair!"

If you look at pictures from the whole Twilight era -- and thank God we are moving past that -- his hair is DENSE. Definitely not the same as those pictures.

Hopefully he'll stay ahead of it!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I've always had a 'high forehead' but my hair was always mega thick. Even when I started to recede a bit at the front in my twenties, I thought at least I won't have a bald spot at the back... Unlit I hit my late twenties/thirties and the crown started to thin too.

Even some guys I knew when I was young whose low foreheads and thick hair I'd envy are now are bald as a coot. You just can't predict by looking alone at a twenty year old head how it's going to pan out.

• Administrators

Slight recession he's what 23-24 so yea he's at the age, I doubt he'll go bald though, isn't he Native American they have the best genes when it comes to MPB.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wait! Just remembered he can morph into a werewolf at any point in time! Re-growing hair is not a problem for him ; )

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Meh....maybe. Looks like it could be some slight thinning. Could be lighting. Could be some thijning with age. Look at Clint Eastwood. He has been thinning for 40 years.

Either way, I don't we'll ever see a bald TL. Tom Hanks has been balding for decades too. Not too many stars these days go with the flow.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Meh....maybe. Looks like it could be some slight thinning. Could be lighting. Could be some thijning with age. Look at Clint Eastwood. He has been thinning for 40 years.

Either way, I don't we'll ever see a bald TL. Tom Hanks has been balding for decades too. Not too many stars these days go with the flow.

Clint's hair is a tough one. Had great, thick hair all through his 30s, but he has continued to recede and thin--never really stabilized. Just take a look at each of the five Dirty Harry movies and check out his hair. It changes a lot from film to film!

Arnold Schwarzenegger is another actor who sticks out. Had a nice solid hairline and seemingly thick hair all the way through the early 2000s. After turning 60 I thought his hair still looked quite good. The more he got into his political term though, his hair really took a turn for the worse. It's thinned and receded considerably later on in his life.

No offense guys but worry about yourselves instead of some NW1 who may be losing some early hair. It gains nothing but I guess misery loves company...

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

This observation is so true! I was born with a huge forehead and thin, straight Asian hair which is literally the worst kind of hair you can have in terms of visual density. I had people tell me I looked like I already had a receding hairline in junior / high school. Basically my forehead and hair have been huge insecurities of mine since forever, and I always admired all the other guys with thick, dense hair and straight hairlines.

Fast forward many years later, I'm now 33 and have run into old classmates on occasion. It is shocking to see who ended up balding and how aggressive some of their baldness got. I kinda got the last laugh with this one, because I've managed to keep most of my hair with help from finasteride, and got an FUE to lower the hairline. I literally have better hair now than when I was 15. That said, I've reconsidered my usage of fin lately, and have not taken it consistently due to all the negative chatter. I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned that I'll quickly regress to where I should be without all the interventions.

And a great recent example is George W. Bush. He had a dense low hairline through his 2 terms, but is now completely bald in the front. You would think that a man well into his 50s at the time would not get so aggressively bald.

FYI, Taylor is not Native American. All his family seems to have come from Europe.

Is this why you joined in? ;-)

Strange comment.,,,, I joined in to make the statement I made and the point that I made about people loving to see others lose hair period. I could not care less about Taylor.... Some people have great hair, deal with it and stop rejoicing in their hair loss. One thing that I have learned in losing hair is that I am sick of those who seem to find humor or comfort in the fact that I lost hair... Lets not do the same to others just because he happens to be famous.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Strange comment.,,,, I joined in to make the statement I made and the point that I made about people loving to see others lose hair period. I could not care less about Taylor.... Some people have great hair, deal with it and stop rejoicing in their hair loss. One thing that I have learned in losing hair is that I am sick of those who seem to find humor or comfort in the fact that I lost hair... Lets not do the same to others just because he happens to be famous.

While I agree with your point in theory, I do think with celebrities, a lot of the motivation for any type of comparison isn't necessarily to find joy in their shortcomings, but to help dissolve the illusion that these celebrities are perfect. We often forget that Hollywood isn't a direct representation of reality, and tend to hold ourselves (knowingly or not) to a certain standard that not even these celebrities are capable of actually achieving.

The best comparison I can think of are all the heavily photoshopped photos of actresses in magazines. Seeing the untouched photos (for me) isn't an act of "let's tear them down so that we feel better". It's more like, "Hey guys - I know you think these people are perfect with perfect bodies and perfect hair and perfect skin, but they're not. This entire system works to subconsciously convince you that you're not good enough, but really - they're people with flaws just like you.... So take it easier on yourself." That's what I take from a comparison like this anyway. It's not so much an attack on the celebrity, but serves more as a reminder to let ourselves off the hook a little bit.

And I'm sure there are those that actually do find joy in other people's shortcomings (famous or not)- and that's something for each of us to watch out for within ourselves, as that's not a healthy approach to life. But sometimes (such as in cases like this one), I do believe the motivations are pure.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I took pics the other day with my old camera, and things looked unchanged then l used my new camera to better picture quality and it scared the crap out of me:eek:

I think we need to remember that celebrities normally have pics taken under the harshest of lighting with high definition pics, I'm sure it would make most guys with great hair look like they were thinning slightly.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Strange comment.,,,, I joined in to make the statement I made and the point that I made about people loving to see others lose hair period. I could not care less about Taylor.... Some people have great hair, deal with it and stop rejoicing in their hair loss. One thing that I have learned in losing hair is that I am sick of those who seem to find humor or comfort in the fact that I lost hatir... Lets not do the same to others just because he happens to be famous.

So did you see anyone loving the fact he might be losing hair and rejoicing in it? I didn't. I read guys posting about hair loss on a hair loss forum.

So did you see anyone loving the fact he might be losing hair and rejoicing in it? I didn't. I read guys posting about hair loss on a hair loss forum.

Just posting about it in the first place makes my point. Just pointing it out that he may be losing hair, what is the point? Does it somehow help your hair loss situation? It just makes guys feel better that a good looking guy may be losing some hair period (which he is not by the way).

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts