Using Bisanga for a large FUE procedure (vs. Lorenzo)

Hi,

I'm considering a consultation with Dr. Bisanga, planning a larger FUE procedure (realistically 2 seperate ones). After doing some research, I'm impressed by the consistent high quality of his work. However, from online pictures it looks like he mostly does frontal restorations and some crown work. I have Norwood 5 pattern diffusive thinning, and need to fix both hairline, top + crown.

I've seen several cases of Dr. Lorenzo doing larger FUE procedures, which is closer to where I'm at. However, I prefer Dr. Bisanga's hairline design (from what I've seen so far). Do both doctors offer the same FUE yield? I see Bisanga often will cram 2500-3000 follicles into a smaller hairline area, but I obviously need to fill in a larger area. I've seen Lorenzo doing 6000+ follicle FUE cases.

I would really appreciate some advice before making the trip to Belgium, and if my expectations are realistic or not.

Thanks.

(I'm 37 years old. Can't use Propecia, I get side effects.)

Bak.jpg.6290a5e17bf11f668051344c884e401a.jpg

1Foran.jpg.fc71a0224ad3f34052ff5f72e472ea62.jpg

5b32e8ed6d6ee_2Rightside.jpg.067de32c4e2cd7d86869532f2fd2aae8.jpg

5b32e8ed93898_3Leftside.jpg.cb4eec74d0947a968fe929e0daa0434f.jpg

Edited by David - Moderator

Hi Mike37,

Hmmmm...well the problem is that without Propecia you are going to lose all that hair up front and the top sides eventually and be somewhere around a NW6. That would really make it hard to fill in and look natural. It would be a somewhat sparse coverage at best.

1. Have you tried shaving your head to see how it looks? maybe you can pull it off.

2. They say you need roughly 1000 hairs per NW level so you are looking at around 6000+ (thinking long term) so you might want to look at FUT if you are SURE you want to go down the HT route.

3. Do a search for a bunch of NW5-6's on this site and see if you could deal with a little less than they have.

4. You look like you have med-fine hair (?) so you are really looking at a possible see through result in the long run. That might be okay for you, and it might not.

5. see #1. If you can rock it shaved all your problems are solved.

Good luck.

Thanks for good advice. The problem is, I'd look terrible shaved. Even the hairloss I got now greatly diminish my looks. I just have the "wrong" head/face shape.

I started loosing my hair around 22-23, but it's going very slow. I got the hair from my mother's side, my uncles on that side of the family don't seem to ever get completely bald on top (probably when really old), just thinning very slowly. If I got a hair transplant, I would go for a conservative, slightly receeding hairline.

Thanks again!

(PS: I also uploaded pictures of my sides, if that helps..)

Edited by Mike37

Hi Mike37

Be good to see a complete rear photo also showing the rear crown and nape.

As you say worth being seen in person. The hair immediately above the left ear looks finer in density from the photos and be good to have the whole donor checked for density and miniaturisation and the nape and above ears in particular looked at as one would need to spread and harvest over the whole area.

As Magnum said you need to consider future loss, sides and crown opening etc and take into account this factor if not able to take medication and possibly be open to Strip at some point if needed.

A thousand grafts per NW loss is really the minimum and one can easily put more than that and I have seen patients have easily more than this. Scalp surface area on two NW6 patients can vary greatly even if they are categorised as having the same loss pattern and hair colour, groupings, coarseness etc all play a part in what is needed.

Hope you can arrange a consultation and see what is possible for you once you have some empirical data.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I've consulted with Lorenzo and Bisanga, both are top docs. Like you I have very fine blond hair although I'm a NW3V, Both docs drew very similar hairlines but I chose Lorenzo based on his results with fine hair.

Have a look on his Youtube channel and get a consultation in person.

Best of luck with what ever you decide. :)

Regarding the left side above ear, I think the look is exacerbated by a recent hair cut and harsh lighting. I'm looking forward to meet Dr. Bisanga and get his opinion, but thought it would be useful to get some other comments first - so I'm mentally better prepared. I'm would like to avoid the FUT route if possible.

Thanks for the responses.

Edited by Mike37

Hi mike,

Take a look at my thread, we had a very similar pattern of hair loss I've had two procedures with dr lorenzo and so far so good, be very sensible with your hairline you need at least 3000 grafts for your crown alone. In my opinion they are both great choices of surgeons.

Thank Pma, your thread was interesting reading! The result from your two FUE sessions is impressive, Dr. Lorenzo knows his stuff. :) However, I've yet to find similar cases from Dr. Bisanga, ie. large-scale FUE-only procedure(s). Looking at online pictures it seems Dr. Bisanga prefers FUT for larger procedures...

Edited by Mike37

Two excellent, highly-skilled docs and you shouldn't go wrong with either of them.

For what it's worth, I know you feel otherwise, but from those pics I'd say you actually seem to have a great head shape were you to decide to shave.

Wish you all the best however you proceed.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I think with your hair loss pattern you need to set realistic goals and expectations. You won't ever achieve a hairline that you had in your 20's. In my opinion, people put too much emphasis on full coverage of the crown. The most important part of any HT procedure for someone with a high NW pattern is the frontal zone - framing the face with a conservative hairline - and not necessarily very dense coverage either. Then, depending on your donor area - everything you can fill in behind that frontal zone is gravy and you'll still have a successful result. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the advice. I started loosing my hair 15 years ago, and I've tried several things that didn't work (including Propecia). My expectations now are definitely moderate, and was thinking of a receeding "mature" hairline, and light density in the crown area. I'm perfectly fine with having a thinning look at the crown, as long as the hairline/front looks natural and healthy. I'll get a consultation with Bisanga, and take it from there. Who knows, I might not even be a good candidate for a FUE HT...

Thanks again, appreciate the help! :)