**VIDEO** Dr. Feller and Bloxham discuss SLOW GROWTH

So many patients come online or call the office with worries about their growth rate. Here is a video that includes an explanation and video of an actual patient who experienced slow hair growth after HT. It has a happy ending.

jzdwk6.jpg

21f0cco.jpg

otp9c0.jpg

2zrnp6q.jpg

fz0rd0.jpg

2n3v9f.jpg

i1go4k.jpg

2rz6zc6.jpg

359wpc4.jpg

2r4obqr.jpg

2ajdkzm.jpg

5zhb1d.jpg

e719as.jpg

Feller and Bloxham

Great Neck, NY

516-487-3797

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

Dr. Feller,

You bring up a good point. I have been through a number of HT procedures 20 years. I too worried about the growth rate. As you point out, things always worked out.

I had a hairline revision three months ago. This was my first HT in 15 years. Given my past experience, I am not even paying attention to the growth of my latest procedure. I know from past experience that it will grow when it grows.

The moral of the story - A watched pot never boils. :-)

Love this result. The difference between the 8 month and 18 month mark is huge. Granted, the length of the hair is longer at 18th months. Regardless, there is an appreciable difference in the texture of the hair in the frontal third. Fantastic work! Keep the hope alive slow growers!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Irish,

I was trying to nail "Blue Steel." What do you think? Did I pull it off?? ; )

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nice one Blake. In fact my first HT from over 10 years ago continued to show growth as far out as 3 years from the date of surgery . Please keep such videos coming .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortune,

Will do! People seem to really like the videos and clearly -- as evidenced by the "blooper reel" -- we like making them. If they help or educate a few people in the process too, that's a win-win!

Thanks for watching.

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great video so many guys including myself expect miracles at the 7-8 month mark encouraging to see how things can improve up the the 18 month mark and beyond

thanks again

Thank you Mick. Everyone one must realize that every person is different. We can perform the same exact surgery on 5 different patients with the same staff, in the same room, with the same type instruments, in the same time and yet get five very different levels of results.

Some patients will grow earlier than others. Some patients may grow later than others. Some patients may not grow as well as others due to the tolerance of the grafts to the mechanical trauma of the procedure itself no matter how well and carefully it is performed.

Hair Transplantation is all about the odds and doing whatever you can to massage them in your favor. This is why I favor FUT over FUE every time. The trauma exerted on the graft by FUE is orders of magnitude greater than it is for FUT and thus the odds are lowered by the choice of FUE.

But the choice of clinic for your FUT is also crucial. If you go to one with less experience and a lower online track record your odds drop again compared to the more established clinics. And to be sure, there are HUGE variations from FUT clinic to FUT clinic. Same can be said for FUE clinics as well.

For example, for the FUT clinic, is HT all they do? Does the staff of technicians work full-time exclusively for that clinic. Are they actually a team? Are "Traveling Technicians" used? And so on.

This site has been stuck on FUE for so long it seems to have lost its way as a tool to discriminate between clinics of any kind, FUT or FUE. For now it's just those int he FUE camp chanting "FUE FOREVER" while those in the FUT camp are just disengaging from the site altogether or just contributing the bare minimum. Here, the false impression is that all FUE practitioners walk in lock-step. They do not, and the differences between these clinics should be made transparent by the clinics themselves so the participants and members of this site can make their own evaluations.

Likewise, the differences between the ability of one person to grow faster or slower than another should also be made transparent and discussed and evaluated as to how much of the differences of success or failure between patients is due to patient physiology or perhaps shortcomings on the part of the procedure used or even the clinic that performed it.

Let's point this site back in the direction of analysis and transparency rather than FUE camp vs. everyone else.

Actually if you do a bit of online research you will read that a lot of the top Docs agree with Dr Feller but he is is the only one speaking out about it, of course the cynics will say he is doing out of self interest but of course he's going to defend his business practice and philosophy especially if he feels patients are not been given the whole picture, my view of Dr Feller is he just seems to asking for a level playing ground then people can make their own mind up with all the facts on the table

Mick,

You nailed it! Give the patients the facts and true informed consent.