3 years later....advice?

I don't think its hair greed

Few more pictures with bright light

diffuse%2033.jpg

diffuse%202.jpg

diffuse%201.jpg

hair greed . plain and simple.. leave it or you will risk depleting donor hair. It looks really good IMO. The wet pics are deceiving as all hair looks see through when wet. No one should style their hair wet like that anyways. Blow dry and a bit of quality product like American Crew etc.

I have some of the same issues - I don't like the thicker hairs at the front that don't fall softly, and the color is much darker - often black!

If the color were just lighter I don't think it would be so obvious, but it is darker. I have plucked a transplanted hair from the front and a native hair from the back and compared them side by side - the transplanted hair is significantly thicker and much darker. This tells me that it is the transplant process that actually changes the hair quality since the transplanted hair doesn't look at all like any of my native hairs still growing in their native location.

In many ways I think the dark hairs actually visibly accentuate hair loss - they create very obvious contrast between transplanted hairs and scalp skin, contributing to a "thinned" look.

I have plucked so many hairs now in an effort to get them to grow back thinner and lighter. I literally have ziplock sandwich bags of plucked hair labelled by month so I can compare the differences over time.

I also have some "bare" spots like you and have wrestled with the idea of getting them "filled in". But adding more thick, black hairs that seem unnatural and highlight the scalp seems almost counterproductive, not to mention the tremendous downtime I have already experienced as the result of now 2 HT's.

If you soften the hairline with 500 grafts FUE, I think it would look awesome. The hairline is prob a bit harsh but not overly so, and as you only need a few hundred grafts, you'll still have lots of donor hair left over, especially as you only had 2400 first time round. I would say go for it. You're on meds and the rest of your hair looks stable with no hint of crown loss. The hairline is the most important part of a HT so if it is worrying you (and people are calling out HT) I would fix it. For me Dr Feriduni does amazing hairline repair work, but his waiting list is exceptionally long.

I like Ferrudini's hairlines, too; however, I do notice several things about his hairlines:

1) many of the guys on his website already have strong forelocks before the hair transplant. When looking at a patient from the front "straight on" the strong native forelock masks the temporal transplanted hairs.

2) many of the "superstar" patients on his website are quite young and have model looks; it's easy to imagine oneself walking out of a Feriduni transplant with model looks - but if you didn't have model looks before your hair loss, chances are you won't have model looks after a hair transplant! ^^

3) One thing I really commend Feriduni on is the high number of singles and then doubles he uses in his transplants. Many of the images on his site even state "No triple hair FU". The high density numerous singles he uses in his hair lines and no use or limited use of triples FU's when incorporated really makes a difference in the "naturalness" of his transplants I think. Of course such large numbers of singles means a lot more time is needed for the transplant, which is probably one reason his costs are higher than others.

Thanks, that was my plan from the beginning.Its almost like my hairline looks too artificial !I know you can't beat a natural hairline but surely i can get it a little more natural right?

I'm thinking of getting those curved point's removed at the temple .They really look harsh against my blonde sides ,plus i see a visible gap.What are your thoughts?

IMG_8621.jpg

This is what i'm talking about ,very linear and artificial ...

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Thank you for all your opinions !

If you soften the hairline with 500 grafts FUE, I think it would look awesome. The hairline is prob a bit harsh but not overly so, and as you only need a few hundred grafts, you'll still have lots of donor hair left over, especially as you only had 2400 first time round. I would say go for it. You're on meds and the rest of your hair looks stable with no hint of crown loss. The hairline is the most important part of a HT so if it is worrying you (and people are calling out HT) I would fix it. For me Dr Feriduni does amazing hairline repair work, but his waiting list is exceptionally long.

I think your hair looks fine but yeah, I can totally see the curve you are taking about - it's like it is just too perfect a hairline.

In my day (brace yoursel, kids) it wouldn't have been a big deal because everyone wore their hair down or swept to the side. Unfortunately, todays style is up up and away.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

What I notice mainly is that the transplanted hairs look very thick compared to the native side hairs.

As I stated, I have had the same problem. I went back for a 2nd HT with the same concerns as you: harsh hairline and "gaps". The doctor did add density with a second HT, and also specifically targeted hairs behind my ear with FUE because they were "softer".

Still, many of the hairs grew in black, and the native hairs I used to have at the front of my head were always soft and a bit blonder. After my first HT when I saw my dad for the first time in a year, he asked, "Is your hair getting darker in the front??"

I must say, I am very disappointed in the "harshness" and artificiality of my hair transplant. If someone had told me that my hairs would grow in looking like pubic hairs I definitely would have had second thoughts and might not have gone for it! Certainly I would have sought out more information. I don't think this aspect of hair transplants is emphasized enough - seems to be rarely mentioned. I'm not sure if my physiology is simply different than most HT patients resulting in darker hairs at the front, or if it's just not adequately addressed by hair surgeons and the "industry" at large.

I do feel that many of the hairs I have plucked in an effort to soften the hairline have come back thinner and softer - though often still black or very dark. I continue to pluck in hopes that they will soften even more. Whether it is the plucking or simply the passage of time causing them to soften I can't say. However, I might suggest plucking a few and seeing how they grow back? Make sure to take photos, and keep the one's you plucked in a dated ziplock sandwich bag ^^

Still, pretty crazy to have spent so much money and downtime on 2 HT's only to pluck the hairs out every day....but it is what it is!

Edited by harryforreal
grammar, clarity