3 years later....advice?

Had 2400 grafts implanted to hairline ,got good growth however one side never really took and looks weaker compared to the other side .Also it looks a little harsh and could do with softening for a more natural appearance .

Goals are:

Fill in that weaker side plus any gaps where i may have lost some native hairs.

Soften the appearance of my hairline

Do you think my goals are realistic ?The main bulk of the work was done with my first procedure,i just feel like it needs more work.I like to wear my hair up ,with short sides .

Just to let you know my background,i'm 31 on meds since 25 and maintaining well.

Thank you for taking the time to look

Fue%20888.jpg

Fue%20555.jpg

fue%2044.jpg

I'd leave well enough alone. You're still young, hair looks good, I'd save your grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Agree with Spanker. Give it a few years and see if you develop additional loss. I wouldn't tap into the graft bank just yet.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I'm 3 years post op too. Is there a small spot I'd like touched up? Yes, but it's not worth the risk and I'll hit it up when I'm actually due for a procedure. Dr. Konior once said something that stuck with me and that is that perfection is a lofty goal.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is it a situation where it is really noticeable or is a case where (like many of us suffering from hair loss issues) it's worse in your eyes? Can others really notice the "weaker side"?

Thanks. Maras is FUE only, right?

Unless you were studying it, I doubt you'd notice the slightly irregular symmetry. Similarly on the slight pluginess - but if anything that's what I noticed first after you said you were looking for a second go.

• 3 weeks later...

Really? I find that surprising, it looks great to me. have you got any natural photos, without that strong over head lighting? something just showing your hair day to day, not pulled back like that?

doesnt look like anything a bit of concealer couldnt make perfect in under 10 seconds anwyay

I have quite a good eye and to me it 100% screams HT

now i have no idea how to style my hair ,if i grow it too long it looks awful (i have every straight hair)

084a2682-45bf-4cc7-ab33-93550fc50651.png

Really? I find that surprising, it looks great to me. have you got any natural photos, without that strong over head lighting? something just showing your hair day to day, not pulled back like that?

doesnt look like anything a bit of concealer couldnt make perfect in under 10 seconds anwyay

Ok I can see what you mean now. It's always best to post candid photos, as up close, bright photos don't really give us a good impression of anything.

Looks like it just needs a little softening, at the immediate front. have you tried experimenting with toppik? hair transplant would fix this, but you might be able to get by with using a concealer until years later, when you could benefit more from another HT

I'm going down the HT route i think...

Had a consultation with DR Glenn Charles a while back...was quoted 800-1000 grafts

I'm just worried i won't get the result i'm looking for,i realise HT can only do so much!

Ok I can see what you mean now. It's always best to post candid photos, as up close, bright photos don't really give us a good impression of anything.

Looks like it just needs a little softening, at the immediate front. have you tried experimenting with toppik? hair transplant would fix this, but you might be able to get by with using a concealer until years later, when you could benefit more from another HT

Personally, I would do it, but I'm aggressive. I'm in a similar situation; 32, had a 1,450 graft procedure, and one side is assymetrical and looks a little pluggy. It drives me crazy and I'm fixing it with Dr. Rahal next month. If you're maintaining, I'd say go for it. You have a ton of native hair left, so you're not an aggressive shedder and the odds that you're destined for a high NW at this point are low.

I dont think you mean straightening the hairline out, right? That might make it MORE noticeable.

Im wondering if it is because you simply have thicker donor hair, so up front it doesnt look soft and natural enough. Im not sure they can fix that? maybe with some single hairs only and cherry picked so they are thin. (?) its a good question and one you should keep asking until you find a solution. Dont rush into the next procedure. Look for the doctor who does the best/softest/most natural hairlines and talk to him.

Look at a friends hairline that isnt losing any hair. Those hairs in the front are whispy thin.

• 4 weeks later...

hair greed . plain and simple.. leave it or you will risk depleting donor hair. It looks really good IMO. The wet pics are deceiving as all hair looks see through when wet. No one should style their hair wet like that anyways. Blow dry and a bit of quality product like American Crew etc.

Hey Peaboddy,

I remember you from HLT, your transplant does look very good, but i can see what you mean. To me the hairs on the side/temple stick out a little as being too thick, although the front bit probably only looks a little thinner when wet, dry not so much but there is a little area of scalp that could do with some extra hairs.

You have quite thick hair characteristics, which is great for density and coverage, but makes it harder to look as natural in the hairline as a guy like me with finer hair, although i have the opposite problem, and need to use more grafts to get the density you have.

I don't think you would need many grafts at all, 500/800 is my uneducated guess, best to do a few online consults. Personally i'm booked in with Dr Lorenzo for FUE in January, from my research he's one of the best, if not the best, as to my mind he has brought the only recent new advances in FUE with his techniques/tricks for extracting grafts and set a standard of consistent yield comparable with strip.

I don't see any reason why thinner and softer looking hairs from your donor can't be used to soften the hairline, as long as they exist in your donor, as i notice some people have different microns/size hair thickness along their donor, ...Failing that i've seen people using nape hair, not ideal but could be a potential option failing any better ones.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts