Hello, I had a transplant 5 weeks ago, and it feels like the biggest mistake of my life. I see little divots/pore marks where each and every graft was placed. The clinic says it is not pitting but rather blade marks that are healing slower than normal and they will smooth over, but I am worried it is actually pitting. Are these little marks normal at 5 weeks?

I have attached a file. Not sure how clearly you can see, but in the right light, they are obvious.

image.jpg.f5c163d30f2332fa06ae44e4b46df7ed.jpg

It's still early, but refined hair transplantation would not leave behind marks like that at 5 weeks. Let the hair grow in and see what it looks like in a few months. If the cobblestoning/pitting is still present then you'll need to find a way to remedy the situation; likely another transplant with a high quality surgeon to camouflage the pitting.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks. Tough to wait for 4 to 6 months when it is right on my hairline, and I am losing native hair to shock loss... I look like a have a ring of pock marks from acne around my hairline. This has truly ruined my life.

I would be interested if anyone had these little diviots/pore marks at 5 weeks and actually had them smooth out on their own.

To be honest, we could use better quality photos to really see what's going on. But it sort of reminds me of the micro and mini graft incisions.

Hang tight, the shock loss part is normal. The next 3-4 months is just a waiting game. You'll have a better idea what to do in a year.

Meanwhile, hang around the forums and develop a discerning eye!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

There's a very good chance that this will turn out just fine. In fact, I think in situations like this (where it's way too early to jump to any definite conclusions), the best thing to do is just to assume that everything is going to work out just fine. You met with the clinic and they feel there's no need to worry. I would trust that at this point, as there's not much you can do otherwise.

Better quality pictures would also be a big help, but in the meantime, try not to focus on the worst case scenario. That's how our brains trick us into believing that our "lives are ruined". Try not to let yourself go down that road. Instead, choose to focus on the optimistic evaluation your doctor gave you, and also understand that it will take several more months to really start seeing results.

I wouldn't be surprised if you come back in 4 more months and everything is shaping up nicely. :)

Keep your head up and don't assume the worst. It's not going to do your self-esteem/morale any favors.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I appreciate the encouragement and will try to post better pictures. But have you actually seen/heard where these blade holes have been there at 5 weeks post op and actually smoothed over? I hear that is is early and that healing takes time for some, but just looking for any actual cases where this has happened. My understanding was that the recipient sites should be smooth as soon as the scabs come off?

Hey Bubba,

I've been having every transplant imaginable since 1985.

Healing is representative of your genetics/general health.

I'm 51, in good health (physically and lab test wise), and still go

through the 1 year wait list until all has settled, and new growth starts to

be trimmed.

If you did some research on your doc, and feel good about the total

disclaimer he SHOULD have given you...

Try to relax, and wait it out.

I have truly "been there, done that" more times than I can recall.

i'm very new to this forum, and am not quite savvy with how communique works,

but have had at LEAST 20 procedures over 30 years.

Type 7, and still have hair on (most) of my head.

Feel free to contact me through the forum.

Be Well,

RC

Hey Bubba,

I've been having every transplant imaginable since 1985.

Healing is representative of your genetics/general health.

I'm 51, in good health (physically and lab test wise), and still go

through the 1 year wait list until all has settled, and new growth starts to

be trimmed.

If you did some research on your doc, and feel good about the total

disclaimer he SHOULD have given you...

Try to relax, and wait it out.

I have truly "been there, done that" more times than I can recall.

I'm very new to this forum, and am not quite savvy with how communique works,

but have had at LEAST 20 procedures over 30 years.

Type 7, and still have hair on (most) of my head.

Feel free to contact me through the forum.

Be Well,

RC

Looks like putting to me. However, it shouldn't be life ruining. It may require additional camo work or it may heal fine. Time will y2k. Who was the clinic?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'd rather not antagonize them right now, as they are giving me PRP treatments to help the skin and try and maybe jump start the grafts. I will let everyone know who it was however this turns out though.

It is pretty life ruining right now. I wanted this to be a secret, and now I have a red ring with dents in it around my hairline, with some annoying grafts left that will not shed or lay down flat... Pretty much a worst case scenario so far, and I am still shedding native hair, so of course, I know it could get worse... I have seen the posts and know the replies to come, but this is the worst decision of my life.

You are only 5 weeks post-op......it's very normal to still have redness/pinkness at this stage. It's going to be even more noticeable because you look to have blonde hair and there is going to be a bigger contrast. Some people are going to be red/pink for many many months due to their complexion. I am still a bit pink but my new hair is growing out to where it's covering it (I'm 4 months post-op). It does go away eventually and it does gradually get better....I've noticed improvements every month. One thing I can tell you is not to irritate the area. Use some aloe vera on it...that worked well for me.

Not all grafts shed.....if you did your research on this, you would know most of what you are experiencing is normal, especially at 5 weeks.