Regularly Scheduled Live Chat?

Dear members,

Last year, we hosted regular live chat sessions in order for members to interact with one another real time and discuss "hot topic" hair loss and transplant issues. To see previous chat topics, member involvement, and transcripts, click here.

Though the chat rooms are always open to anyone, I've found that scheduling regular times draws the most member participation.

At the request of a few members, I'd like to consider restarting regularly scheduled live chat sessions.

Let me know if anyone is interested in starting a regularly scheduled live chat again and what days/times would be most convenient for everyone.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear members,

Last year, we hosted regular live chat sessions in order for members to interact with one another real time and discuss "hot topic" hair loss and transplant issues. To see previous chat topics, member involvement, and transcripts, click here.

Though the chat rooms are always open to anyone, I've found that scheduling regular times draws the most member participation.

At the request of a few members, I'd like to consider restarting regularly scheduled live chat sessions.

Let me know if anyone is interested in starting a regularly scheduled live chat again and what days/times would be most convenient for everyone.

Best wishes,

Bill

As you already know Mr. Bill. You can count me in. Come on guys, what do you think?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.

It seems like there may be enough people interested to consider trying it.

Now we just have to narrow down a day/time that will work for everyone. I propose we select a single day first, see how it goes, and if it's successful, consider making it a regular thing.

Keep in mind the live chat feature is freestyle where members can say anything and everything, sometimes often on top of one another. People not used to chatting in a room with a number of people may find it hard to follow. Often times, members will have to ask the same questions several times before they are acknowledged if it's overly crowded.

This is just simply the nature of live chats in a single chat room.

I encourage you all to take the time to learn about the features of the chat room by clicking here. The same link provides many of the previous topics discussed.

We could try limiting the chat to a few topics however, I have found that doing this prevents members who want to get live answers to their questions unrelated to pre-selected topics from joining, either that, or they lose interest quickly.

On the other hand, live chat can be slow at times if nobody is asking questions or discussing topics. Therefore, perhaps we could consider a few topics for discussion as backups in case of down times.

Since we are already getting close to the end of February, and I will be traveling toward the end of the month, I'm thinking we can try this in the beginning of March. We can schedule the chat for an hour during the day and see who's able to make it.

Right now, I'm pretty flexible during the day, but I'm thinking between 1 and 4pm EST on any week day except Friday.

If anyone has particular days/times that interest them, or any ideas that might make it even more interesting, feel free to post your thoughts on this topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

I'm thinking between 1 and 4pm EST on any week day except Friday.

If anyone has particular days/times that interest them, or any ideas that might make it even more interesting, feel free to post your thoughts on this topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Just a thought, but 1-4:00 pm might not be the best time for some of us, since those are normal working hours regardless of what time zone you're on. Don't want to speak for anyone else though.

I'll be on the chat tomorrow night at 9:00 pm EST, which is 8:00 Central and 6:00 Western I think, if I'm not retarded.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I saw that some of you were intending to stop in the chat room earlier and was going to try to stop in. But time sort of slipped away from me and now it's after 10:00pm.

However, the good news is, once we actually set a time, I can broadcast the live chat on the forum, news, blogs, and newsletters which reach tens of thousdands of people in less than a week. Clearly, not this many will be drawn into the chat (or we'd have our hands full), but it will certainly increase the number who know about it and attend.

To learn how to subscribe to our newsletters to receive the latest news and updates about our community, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill