Dr Rahal pricing

Question, does Dr Rahal quote his price in US dollars or Canadian dollars? I heard on this forum that he quotes in US dollars, yet when the U.S. dollar was stinking the joint up against the Canadian dollar a few years ago, he was quoting Canadian dollars? If you reside in Canada, is the quote still in US $ or Canadian?

• 5 weeks later...
Question, does Dr Rahal quote his price in US dollars or Canadian dollars? I heard on this forum that he quotes in US dollars, yet when the U.S. dollar was stinking the joint up against the Canadian dollar a few years ago, he was quoting Canadian dollars? If you reside in Canada, is the quote still in US $ or Canadian?

Ive heard mixed answers from other patients/prospective patients. However, around the time the US dollar was weaker, the doctors clinic had requested payment in Canadian dollars, which did put me in a deeper hole since I had to convert US dollars and pay in Canadian. I guess now since CAnadian dollar is weaker, it may be in US dollars? Some folks mentioned this, but it is not how it was for me.

I heard he charges Canadians in Canadian dollars and the rest of us in US dollars. It's a business I guess, so why not!

But im not Canadian, nor from Canada, and paid by converting US currency to Canadian at the time?

But im not Canadian, nor from Canada, and paid by converting US currency to Canadian at the time?

Hi Sean,

Yes, that was when the Canadian dollar was much stronger, so he charged everyone in Canadian dollars. Now that the U.S. dollar is stronger I believe he charges all non-Canadian residents in US dollars and Canadian residents Canadial dollars. H&W also quote in US dollars.

Hi Everyone,

We currently charge all patients in CAD.

As noted above, this equals a significant savings in the current conversion for US patients :)

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Hi Everyone,

We currently charge all patients in CAD.

As noted above, this equals a significant savings in the current conversion for US patients :)

This statement is not true. I'm a non-Canadian, and I was provided a quote that was specifically in US dollars, i.e. the Hair Loss Treatment Plan had the total cost plus tax in US Dollars. I am looking at the treatment plan as we speak and it specifically has US dollars. When talking with the patient advisor, I specifically asked him if the quote was in US dollars , and he responded it is. It was $4.5 USD for the first 2,500 grafts, and then $3 US dollars a graft afterwards. Are you claiming that this price should have been in Canadian dollars? I have the treatment plan, and can post a screenshot of it, but I will provide you with an oppurtunity to respond first. If the moderators want me to e-mail them a copy of the treatment plan, I will do so as well.

Mav,

At the time you were doing your research you were looking at H&W as well, another Canadian Clinic that charges in USD.

Since the Canadian dollar had become weaker, we changed our pricing policy a few weeks ago to Canadian dollars.

Since the Canadian dollar has taken a tumble, the new policy will provide a great favourable exchange for our USA patients.

With the exchange rate, the fue graft cost is approx $ 6 USD.

Good luck on your future procedure with the clinic that you have already chosen.

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Mav,

At the time you were doing your research you were looking at H&W as well, another Canadian Clinic that charges in USD.

Since the Canadian dollar had become weaker, we changed our pricing policy a few weeks ago to Canadian dollars.

Since the Canadian dollar has taken a tumble, the new policy will provide a great favourable exchange for our USA patients.

Good luck on your future procedure with the clinic that you have already chosen.

Thanks for clarifying! What is the FUT cost per graft? $6 USD for FUE is very competitive

• 4 weeks later...
Mav,

Wow, $6 per FUE is very cheap.