my experience with Dr Cooley 3648 grafts

i just got home from my procedure with DR Cooley and am extremely please with my results. I went in for a 3500 FUT procedure with PRP. I have attached before pictures. Sorry about the quality. I had the grafts added to my front and to my crown area. All in all I received 3648 grafts. Here is the breakdown.... Please provide me feedback.

1's=501

2's=1838

3's=923

4's=278

5's=108

I'll provide after pics tomorrow.

MN1.jpg.84da2db13c2cafa6204da21e88b34b53.jpg

MN2.jpg.4f310c3219dcd18b71e23d44d67b1373.jpg

MN3.jpg.6f5bc3753fec10c247163c05383efaa3.jpg

MN4.jpg.160a5f626bd227ad45ee05164ca7b32e.jpg

If you had some placement photos after your procedure I'd be able to better address your case but the numbers seem solid with a nice proportion of multi-hair grafts to singles. You should have a stronger density because of this. Dr. Cooley is a really good doctor so I'm sure the result, one grown out, will be great. If you have some post-op photos to share it would be nice to see the distribution.

Thanks for your feedback Joe. I am going to take some pictures of the aftermath and post them as well. o'll be curious to what you think. My ratio's seem to be very positive though. Having more 3's than 1's was awesome and having some 5's was an added bonus too!

That's a crazy good ratio. Wonder if Dr. Cooley would like to comment on that, with your permission. Were these natural follicular units our were their some DFU's. You chose a great surgeon and should feel very positive about the outcome of your surgery.

Now the hardest part which is the waiting game.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

mnash0912,

Congratulations! It's not often that you see a significant number of follicular units above 3 hairs. You should end up with an excellent result. I'm looking forward to seeing the after pics also.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I had never heard of 5 unit grafts either. He said they are rare and some Dr.s may break them down to 2 and 3 units grafts. He also said it was extremely rare to have more 3 units grafts than 1's. Obviously I was thrilled. I took some after pics but they don't look right because my hair is soaking wet from all of the vitamin healing solution. He put roughly 1800 in the front (Mostly 1s and 2s) and 1800 in the crown (3's, 4's and 5's) I hope to get better after pictures this week and I will post.

Spanker- I'm not sure what a DFU is? Also, i would have no issue if Dr Cooley chimed in. He was a great guy and was extremely caring and thorough. i was there for over 13

Congrats on your recent surgery. I can only echo what the others said that you have some incredible hair groupings and that should make for an excellent result. To have more 3's than 1's is amazing. Looking forward to following your progress.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Congratulations on your ht. Your choice of surgeon combined with that graft breakdown should hopefully give you an excellent result.

I look forward to your updates.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

So here goes....I have posted some after pics but the quality isn't too good. I have been constantly keeping my hair wet with the topical solution Dr. Cooley provided. Of the 3648 grafts he put roughly 1800 on my frontal area and 1800 in the back. He used 1's and 2's in the front and the 3,4 and 5's in the back. I have requested he send me the before and after pics that he took because the quality is much better. That being said I have 2 questions for you all.....

1. What are your initial thoughts?

2. What can I do to control the itching in the recipient area?

Thanks in advance!

5b32e6793618b_Pic1.jpg.634892300168f30ad4829aa8a8bc5844.jpg

5b32e6794e81b_pic2.jpg.96ad4a430aa6a9ff85856ed9a8ee0857.jpg

5b32e67a46a98_pic3.jpg.ade9d295b162c056225ce439c5ceba8f.jpg

5b32e67a6736a_pic4.jpg.de35ccddc17246b1dfbf1c80ed789b6b.jpg

5b32e67a7a882_pic5.jpg.64420a5440a13d217b227c313ec20bc7.jpg

5b32e67a8704d_pic6.jpg.2740099be2e8d2e11d62e53cbd31f0cf.jpg

As I mentioned in PM, I think you're going to have an amazing result. Your before picts weren't all that bad (in relation to some really worse balding.. like mine was).

So, I'm summarize:

my before was worse than your before

your grafts yield, was more than mine

I'm extremely happy with my result, therefore you will have a great result.

Keep spraying those grafts and keeping the plastic wrap over it (and hat on top).

Apply the cream to the sutures for as long as possible.

You'll be good!

Congrats on your recent surgery. I can only echo what the others said that you have some incredible hair groupings and that should make for an excellent result. To have more 3's than 1's is amazing. Looking forward to following your progress.

Good luck with your surgery. I actually had more 3's than 1's as well, which left me kinda dumbfounded when the doc told me graft counts. 540 1's, 1880 2's and 1400 3's. I have no idea what it will look like when it's all done, but am hoping for the best.

Never heard of 4's and 5's either, but that's pretty cool :)