Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC) - Short hair. More hair. (2331 grafts)

Ontop, obviously the clinics are going to cherry pick their best results - I am yet to see many clinics post bad ones, and why in the world would they, that's just plain stupidity. That's why I always take the presented cases with a grain of salt. The key are patients posting their results, that's how you really get a good feel for it. There are some recommended surgeons with very few patient presented cases. That's when the red flags should start being noted. Goodness, it were the patient results that got Doganay suspended as a recommended surgeon. Okay maybe that was due to Paleo - but still.

With regards to Dr Wesley, I agree with Home on this one - I think Matt has a lot of deep hate towards the good Dr, and it's unnecessary to tear apart such an outstanding result. Although he focuses on smaller cases at a time, I have been very impressed with what I have seen come out of this clinic at late. Definitely still waiting to see a higher NW being transformed, but I would betcha he has those. In addition, I consulted with Dr Wesley myself and he is one of the nicest guys around, plus out of all the surgeons I consulted with, he gave out the most information. He never uttered a negative word about any surgeon even though I was pressing him. A true professional and a true gentleman, so Matt27, I suggest you find someone else to tear apart.

Deep hate? lmao. Come on man.

Mav

I dont know the history of the O.P & the good Dr, neither do I really care to be honest but for me was just a overall observation on the industry as a whole.

& yep your dead right that why should clinics post below average results? I get it but like I said, maybe me or you we take stuff like this like a pinch of salt but others most likely dont, which bothers me, that they see these stella out of the park results bombarded everyday like thats the norm, when in reality its not.

There isn't a history. This guy is ridiculous.

My issue isn't with surgeons posting good results. That is expected and the norm in every industry. It's with them generally posting results from patients with ideal hair characteristics, hair loss patterns, etc. that exaggerate what is realistic. Even a perfect job from the best surgeons won't give normal patients these results. They're simply unobtainable for the masses.

Surgeons take credit for these stellar results, but the credit, in this case, in my opinion, belongs primarily to the patient's genetics.

Edited by Matt27

Matt,

im with you also buddy, & your correct not taking anything away from the Doctors good work as obviously he has but this case seems to become the norm for clinics to post which is clearly not the case in this industry.

Just it do bother me some where clinics need to be more transparent in this risky business.

when somebody is looking for hajr transplant surgery they get bombarded with these stella results day in day out again which is not the true reflection of what goes on in reality.

Well for me I would like to see more clinics to show videos just like Dr Deip does but to a certain degree I feel he cherry pics what he shows also but its definitely the way forward though to show to the prospective hairloss guys & women alike.

Yep Best Buy is the worst offenders of the sexy marketing ploys they come with in fact I read the other day that some guys went in there who was a TV tech & called them out on the settings they had on each TV so customers would go for the brightest TV which of course was the pricest one or end of line stock to get rid of.

but it obviously works for best buy its all marketing the product, which I do get but it is deceiving to the public & the hairloss industry which is worth billions of dollars is just one of those things.

My friend, that is life. It's not just the big Corporations and Hair clinics that do this, don't we all do this in some way or form in our everyday lives? I.e. On a first date we get all formal and dressed up, same with a job interview where we try and sell ourselves by presenting our best side. Why is this any different? If you ever do online dating, we would only post our best pictures no? It's not deceiving, it's just presenting the best. I don't think what the hair clinics are doing is deceiving at all. It would b deceiving if the pictures were fake like the folks at Zeiring did last year in an ad campaign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...