Does Temporary SMP Really Fade 100%???

Lol, incorrect sport! GREAT Permanent SMP solutions exist, you obviously just did not actually take the time to view some results in person to see for yourself and instead opted to buy hook line and sinker a trico sales pitch... I'm sure they saw u coming a mile away with the word "MARK" written across your forehead LOL. While you flush thousands down the toilet over the course of the next ten years, my SMP results remain in tact, and if I ever need a touch up it is very cheap. But I'm glad Beauty Medical has TEMPORARILY changed your life- that is, until your expensive dots fade and it is time to spend another couple Grand to not be bald again lol.

Baldken,

It's obvious that you are happy with your results and I think that's great. Haircut, too, appears to be happy with his results so why are you taking such an aggressive position toward him? Toward tricopigmentation in general? You've done your research and it has paid off for you so I don't understand the attacks. Would you mind showing us your results? If they are so good I'd like to see them since it only adds information to the collective.

Baldken,

It's obvious that you are happy with your results and I think that's great. Haircut, too, appears to be happy with his results so why are you taking such an aggressive position toward him? Toward tricopigmentation in general? You've done your research and it has paid off for you so I don't understand the attacks. Would you mind showing us your results? If they are so good I'd like to see them since it only adds information to the collective.

Totally agree. I do believe that Haircut has also posted pics.

Ken, it's time to either put up or shut up.

..."you obviously just did not actually take the time to view some results in person to see for yourself and instead opted to buy hook line and sinker a trico sales pitch..."

So how many permanent SMP results have you seen in person that are 5, 10, 15, 20 years old? What typically happens to SMP pigment that has lasted that long? That would be my main concern/question.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Baldken,

I'm sorry you feel that my posts are "attacks". Honestly, if Tricopigmentation is effective for some men, and they do not mind paying for a temporary result, then that is fine.

I just feel that it is unethical on the part of clinic owners and practitioners to profit off of men by entering them into a treatment journey that ultimately has no destination or conclusion. I admit that even permanent SMP requires maintenance over the years, but it is very inexpensive in comparison to Tricopigmentation maintenance which requires an entire 'start from scratch' procedure and heavy price tag which could be over a grand or more each time.

And Based on the price range you gave me, a client could end up spending upwards of $10,000 over the course of ten years!!(although I do believe it would be closer to $15,000). And this is not money spent on a surgical procedure performed by a physician who possesses a medical degree, but rather a cosmetic tattoo treatment performed by a tech who possesses a certification earned by WEEKS OF TRAINING! It just doesn't make sense, and it seems that the only people who sing Trico's praises are SHILLS and Clinic owners, all of whom are profiting off of these forum threads.

These men would be better off spending that money on a personal trainer and dietitian to get their body and mind healthy, which unlike hairloss, is something that they can control.

As far as posting photos of my scalp and head, that simply is not going to happen! Since I became aware of SMP several years ago, the majority of what I have learned is that the hair loss industry is an immoral, dishonest, and corrupt one(for the most part). I can't begin to tell you how many different clinics I have viewed online that use my provider's photos in their galleries and Facebook pages, and I do not wish to find my photos in a provider's online gallery who did not perform my treatment. That would be unfair to me and the provider I actually went to. Also, I have a right to my privacy and do not stand to benefit in any way by posting my personal photos on a Public Forum just to prove to a bunch of strangers, shills, and salesmen that I received an Amazing permanent SMP result.

It is very disheartening that there is so much slander and DISHONESTY In an industry that can help so many, and in which clinics claim their main objective and purpose "is to Change lives and help men get the Confidence they Deserve."

On one hand you have the HIS HAIR Forum Moderator deceiving people by creating and running a supposedly "unbiased" SMP website under the alias "TYLER GREEN" and claims himself as an "SMP Expert"(whatever the hell that is) and on the other you have some Ass Hat from New York running around playing 'dress up' pretending he is Mark Zuckerberg and claiming he is a successful millionaire who invented SMP as he steals competitors photos claiming them as his own work as he performs illegal half-ass treatments in hotel rooms, even though he claims he has clinics all over the country and in multiple countries lol. And then you have your Tricopigmentation group that 'piggyback' off of an established company's name by taking a trico course that lasts a few weeks, and then with little to no experience they charge thousands for temporary results! I bet they never knew their cosmetology certificate would ever be worth so much. The price tag doesn't match the product, sport!- consumer101.....Lol, no I definitely will not be posting photos, but thanks!:D

That's all I have, I'd hate to continue and have you feel I'm "attacking" you.

Edited by BaldKen2

Baldken2,

Honestly, if Tricopigmentation is effective for some men, and they do not mind paying for a temporary result, then that is fine.

This statement invalidates every single point you've brought up against the procedure. Why continue?

I just feel that it is unethical on the part of clinic owners and practitioners to profit off of men by entering them into a treatment journey that ultimately has no destination or conclusion.

How is it unethical if the patient is informed? The very nature of the procedure is temporary so where is the lack of ethics? The technique is clear, the patient understands, the patient pays, the clinic performs. Done.

And Based on the price range you gave me, a client could end up spending upwards of $10,000 over the course of ten years!!(although I do believe it would be closer to $15,000).

Revisit the math. I told you that Beauty Medical's pricing is 1000.00 for a full scalp and the touchups, which about once a year, is half the price.

Example:

NW6 Year 1 - 1,000.00

NW6 Year 2 - 500.00

NW6 Year 3 - 500.00

NW6 Year 4 - 500.00

NW6 Year 5 - 500.00

NW6 Year 6 - 500.00

NW6 Year 7 - 500.00

NW6 Year 8 - 500.00

NW6 Year 9 - 500.00

NW6 Year 10 - 500.00

Total? 5,500.00 over the course of ten years.

These men would be better off spending that money on a personal trainer and dietitian to get there body and mind healthy, which unlike hairloss, is something that they can control.

Agreed, but people want hair and this is a good option.

As far as posting photos of my scalp and head, that simply is not going to happen!

And I expected as much.

It is very disheartening that there is so much slander and DISHONESTY In an industry that can help so many, and in which clinics claim their main objective and purpose "is to Change lives and help men get the Confidence they Deserve."

On one hand you have the HIS HAIR Forum Moderator deceiving people by creating and running a supposedly "unbiased" SMP website under the alias "TYLER GREEN" and claims himself as an "SMP Expert"(whatever the hell that is) and on the other you have some Ass Hat from New York running around playing 'dress up' pretending he is Mark Zuckerberg and claiming he is a successful millionaire who invented SMP as he steals competitors photos claiming them as his own work as he performs half-ass treatments in hotel rooms, even though he claims he has clinics all over the country and in multiple countries lol.

That is why I got involved, because I have a chance to help make this industry better by exposing this behavior, which I did on my other website, with proof of the owners of one SMP company listed as "directors" of this "unbiased" website. Essentially, they run this unbiased website you refer to in which competitors are paying them for advertising. It is also my opinion that Mr. Green is a fictional character.

And then you have your Tricopigmentation group that 'piggyback' off of an established company's name by taking a trico course that lasts a few weeks, and then with little to no experience they charge thousands for temporary results! I bet they never knew their cosmetology certificate would ever be worth so much. The price tag doesn't match the product, sport!- consumer101.....Lol, no I definitely will not be posting photos, but thanks!

What I don't get is that this "piggybacking" (call it what you will) is clear and open. Hair transplant clinics are learning and then offering the procedure. Everyone knows it is temporary and everyone knows what's involved and the pricing, at least for Beauty Medical, is clear. Each clinic is free to charge what they want but the point is, this is about as transparent as it gets. How is this unethical? How is this a bad thing? Now, unless this is simply an assault on your senses in that it makes your provider look bad, then I understand the hostilitiy. It is clearly stated by trico clinics that SMP does not work for all patients and it does not work in all cases. If your provider is as good as you say then this is no threat and they too reveal this truth about SMP in general because it is true for temp and permanent. If this is the case then your hostility has no logical basis. So which is it?

I'll remind you of what you said at the top of your last post...

Honestly, if Tricopigmentation is effective for some men, and they do not mind paying for a temporary result, then that is fine.

What possible argument can you come up with after saying this?

So how many permanent SMP results have you seen in person that are 5, 10, 15, 20 years old? What typically happens to SMP pigment that has lasted that long? That would be my main concern/question.

If you go the permanent SMP route (which I recommend), pigment will just fade over time. How soon depends on the color (dark vs light), exposure to sun, etc. Some worry about black turning green/blue but it won't happen with inks from Kuro Sumi and Dynamic. If your worried about your hair color turning, just dye your hair to match. But to be honest, by the time this happens, we're taking years, so you will probably need a touch-up anyway.

This might all seem new in the HT world but "permanent makeup" has been around for a long time and used for eyebrows, scaring, etc. If you want advice, reach out to these people. Just Google "permanent makeup [your city]" and make some calls. It's too new in the HT world. Tricopigmentation does have its benefits though. For one, you can feel things out and get something more permanent if you're happy. But long-term, it does not make sense.

I

Baldken2,

This statement invalidates every single point you've brought up against the procedure. Why continue?

How is it unethical if the patient is informed? The very nature of the procedure is temporary so where is the lack of ethics? The technique is clear, the patient understands, the patient pays, the clinic performs. Done.

Revisit the math. I told you that Beauty Medical's pricing is 1000.00 for a full scalp and the touchups, which about once a year, is half the price.

Example:

NW6 Year 1 - 1,000.00

NW6 Year 2 - 500.00

NW6 Year 3 - 500.00

NW6 Year 4 - 500.00

NW6 Year 5 - 500.00

NW6 Year 6 - 500.00

NW6 Year 7 - 500.00

NW6 Year 8 - 500.00

NW6 Year 9 - 500.00

NW6 Year 10 - 500.00

Total? 5,500.00 over the course of ten years.

Agreed, but people want hair and this is a good option.

And I expected as much.

That is why I got involved, because I have a chance to help make this industry better by exposing this behavior, which I did on my other website, with proof of the owners of one SMP company listed as "directors" of this "unbiased" website. Essentially, they run this unbiased website you refer to in which competitors are paying them for advertising. It is also my opinion that Mr. Green is a fictional character.

What I don't get is that this "piggybacking" (call it what you will) is clear and open. Hair transplant clinics are learning and then offering the procedure. Everyone knows it is temporary and everyone knows what's involved and the pricing, at least for Beauty Medical, is clear. Each clinic is free to charge what they want but the point is, this is about as transparent as it gets. How is this unethical? How is this a bad thing? Now, unless this is simply an assault on your senses in that it makes your provider look bad, then I understand the hostilitiy. It is clearly stated by trico clinics that SMP does not work for all patients and it does not work in all cases. If your provider is as good as you say then this is no threat and they too reveal this truth about SMP in general because it is true for temp and permanent. If this is the case then your hostility has no logical basis. So which is it?

I'll remind you of what you said at the top of your last post...

What possible argument can you come up with after saying this?

Agreed. As long as this treatment produces good results, which based on the photos I have seen, it does, and there are no scarring or scalp damage issues from repeated treatments, then you are absolutely correct that there is no argument against Tricopigmentation and it is in fact a good thing.

LOL I do not need to revisit the math.... my $10,000-$15,000 estimate was based on my prediction that the prices will be raised over the course of the next ten years and that the client will need touch ups much more frequently than you say. Also I imagine there to be some fine print in the Client Agreement Form that they sign that will allow some wiggle room for the providers to charge more than the price scenario you presented ;)

You also make a good point regarding the ethics of trico- it is not unethical b/c the clients enter into it with a clear understanding that it will fade, and if the results look good and they can afford to continue paying for more treatments then I'd say everybody wins.:)

As far as posting my personal photos, you must understand, there is nothing for me to gain by doing so. I do however, talk to potential clients who are on the fence about SMP via email, skype and phone, and do in fact email and text my before and after photos with the hopes that they will not be posted on the internet. And I do not try and sway these men to use the Provider that performed my SMP treatment. I am Not A Shill and Make NO COMMISSION AND RECEIVE NO FINANCIAL BENEFITS for trying to help other people who suffer from hair loss. So its not a selfish thing-my decision not to post photos on public forums- and I do try and help guys with hair loss, and I have NEVER MADE ONE SINGLE PENNY FROM DOING SO. I do however, understand that the Tricopigmentation business and hair loss industry is your career and I completely understand your need to make a living, and contrary to my previous comments, I do not blame you for coming on these forums and competing with other providers for business. It's your job and these Forums are Free advertising for you guys- I get it! I apologize for my previous close-mindedness in that area.

But My point here is this- we are in completely different positions regarding posting our photos. I do not work in the hair loss industry, I am just a client, so unlike yourself, I am not going to make any money or profit by sharing my personal photos on this forum and I am entitled to my privacy. If this makes my opinions on SMP less valid in the eyes of forum members, then so be it. I also am not desperate for positive reinforcement from strangers; I get plenty of great feedback from people whom I know personally in Real Life. I know my SMP results look awesome, and that is just a fact!

I assure you that none of my posts that simply voice my honest opinions that you falsely label as "hostility" have anything negative to do with my provider...That comment honestly made me laugh though.

As far as my results, My new primary care doctor viewed my scalp at my last appointment and said "ah I see the finasteride is working very well, you have lots of healthy follicles up there, you could grow your hair out if you wanted to." He had NO CLUE THAT THE DOTS WERENT REAL HAIR, AND HE'S A PHYSICIAN, HE ISNT PAID TO BE POLITE BUT TO BE PRECISE. And that was 3 years after my SMP treatment!

And just to be 100% honest with you, I have NEVER, NOT ONCE, seen my provider posting Advertisements on any hair loss forum! Do you know why? Because they don't need to LOL, they're doing amazing work and have more business than they know what to do with. If you visited their huge amazing facility for a day and saw their operation and how busy they are you would have to agree. I am not trying to be condescending toward you, many Providers such as yourself Need to advertise on these forums to get clients. There is nothing wrong with it and nothing to be ashamed of bc you have to start somewhere in building a client base. But the provider I went to just simply does not need to use these forums for free ads, they are doing Really Well.

As far as that SMP debate website, it is in fact created and run by Damien Porter, and you are correct, "Tyler Green" is a fictional character. As you said, this allows HIS HAIR to profit from advertising for clinics, while at the same time they use the site as a tool to recruit clients. Notice that "Tyler Green" offers a free referral service LOL. It's disgusting!

Joe, you seem like a very straight-forward and decent guy. I truly hope that you are successful in bringing some honesty and class to an SMP industry that seems to, for the most part, lack both of these things. I still feel that Tricopigmentation is NOT A GOOD LONG-TERM OPTION (too expensive and too much trouble and repeated scalp trauma) But is rather a good short-term treatment to 'test the waters' of SMP to see if the client likes replicated follicles on his scalp, and if so he can let the 'Training Wheels' fall off and go with Permanent SMP and have a long-lasting result. So Tricopigmentation definitely serves a good purpose. Best of luck with your business, I hope you have great success.

Take Care

Edited by BaldKen2

Baldken2,

The only thing that really matters to me is that you have a consistent position on the issue of trico or permanent SMP. You've come to grips with the fact that if a trico patient is happy then that is what matters so I think it's safe to say the mudslinging about trico will end.

Regarding your photos, you are certainly entitled to your privacy. It's just that I find that those that crow the loudest about one procedure being better than another, and claim to have had said better procedure, are usually the last ones to show what they're talking about with photos. I mean, it is super easy to watermark images to prevent them from being used or to even take photos with an identifiable background. Regardless, you've said your peace and you stated your reasons so I respect that.

My personal opinion of permanent SMP is that I think it's a bad idea because I've seen too many screw ups, too many regrets and too many guys that have to go through multiple laser treatments to remove it, but I'm not going to create multiple threads or chime in on existing threads extolling the merits of trico when someone is talking about permanent SMP and why they're happy with it. Why? Because it is not my place to do so, and because contrary to what you said, I'm not advertising. My mandate is not to bring in clients for trico through third party forums. I'm not starting threads to talk about it and I'm only answering and addressing questions. I have a completely new website to do my talking for me and it is gaining traction fast. I'm leaving the advertising to the clinics that offer trico and I'm only here to answer questions by those that wish to know more and to set the record straight where the information is incorrect.

Here is my motto, and you probably will agree with this. Transparency is the only way to operate in this industry if you want to sleep at night and to help others make informed decisions. Coming from over a decade on the surgical side of things I can safely say that honesty and transparency are in short supply and my mission on that side is to find doctors and clinics that agree and understand that by embracing the negatives that only then can they move forward. The idea that even the best of clinics have "only one or two" unhappy patients is absolute baloney and I'm quite tired of this being the standard response to the question of "do you have unhappy patients?". I've found one doctor that agrees with me and I'm in discussions with several more that I think may as well.

On the SMP side of things I think the industry is young enough so that, with the right amount of effort, more transparency can help to shape the industry into being something a bit more respectable. As you said, currently the SMP industry is filled with absolute lies and misrepresentation and with my efforts, and those that have a like minded approach, the SMP industry can become a viable option to consider for those wishing to address their hair loss without surgery. I've actually written a set of conduct guidelines for trico clinics to follow that I think covers everything nicely and if they follow these guidelines then I'll be able to say that I've done my part to ensure that informed consent will prevail and THAT is what matters.

If you go the permanent SMP route (which I recommend), pigment will just fade over time. How soon depends on the color (dark vs light), exposure to sun, etc.
Yes Exactly!

This might all seem new in the HT world but "permanent makeup" has been around for a long time and used for eyebrows, scaring, etc.

Excellent Point! For many years Micropigmentation practitioners have been using cosmetic and medical tattooing to tattoo areola areas for breast reconstruction after mastectomies, as well as scar concealment and makeup- lips, face, eyelids, and of course eye brow replication. As you said, in the HT world many men are not familiar with cosmetic tattooing (more women are aware than men) and most automatically equate Micropigmentation with Traditional tattoos that you would get at a tattoo shop, which is just not accurate.

If you want advice, reach out to these people. Just Google "permanent makeup [your city]" and make some calls. It's too new in the HT world.

Great advice! I actually did this myself. I visited several Permanent Makeup and Micropigmentation clinics and got loads of info that the SMP Providers were not willing to discuss. I met a couple of Micropigmentation instructors as well, who were quite helpful. Not everyone I met in this industry were helpful or receptive, but most were more than willing to help me.

Tricopigmentation does have its benefits though. For one, you can feel things out and get something more permanent if you're happy.

Absolutely, Tricopigmentation is a great way to get your feet wet and see if the shaved/buzzed head look works for you. Some guys do not want to buzz their hair short and just want actual hair, and that is completely understandable. This look does not suit everyone.

But long-term, it does not make sense.

100% agree, and this is my main point. Trico is great for a 'trial run' of smp, but I cannot see anyone going back and back and back to these clinics every year or so to do it all over again. My guess is that by that second or third treatment most guys will get discouraged and burned out and find a different solution.

I feel that watching your Replicated Follicles fade over and over again would sort of feel like losing your hair all over again.

Baldken2,

Regarding your photos, you are certainly entitled to your privacy. It's just that I find that those that crow the loudest about one procedure being better than another, and claim to have had said better procedure, are usually the last ones to show what they're talking about with photos.

And, of course, there is no exception here.

If you go the permanent SMP route (which I recommend), pigment will just fade over time. How soon depends on the color (dark vs light), exposure to sun, etc. Some worry about black turning green/blue but it won't happen with inks from Kuro Sumi and Dynamic.

Kuro Sumi ink?

Rashes.

: rash Mike DeVries

European Recall due to carcinogenic ingredients.

http://tattooroadtrip.com/blog/investigative-report-cancer-causing-tattoo-ink/

As of January last year Kuro Sumi was still banned in the EU due to health concerns.

Further, I called Kuro Sumi to see if there was a guarantee about color change. The man that answered said no but then referred to his arm tattoos that have not changed color in the past five years. It wasn't exactly confidence inspiring. Kuro Sumi does have a very exotic website where everything references ancient Japan, Samurai and dragons, which sounds great and the guys that work there doing tattoo work are excellent, but Kuro Sumi is based in Long Island and the ink is made in New York as well. The only connection I see to Japan is the name and the design of the website which doesn't matter anyway. I don't see why Japan has a monopoly on quality to begin with when it comes to tattoo inks because I'm certain "the old ways" wouldn't pass a carcinogenic and mutagenic examination like modern pigments must. Maybe that's why Kuro Sumi didn't pass EU guidelines.

This thread began by asking the question, "Does trico really fade 100%?" It was also questioned, "Who can accurately predict when, and more importantly how, the dots will fade and where they will fade first? It just spells a recipe for disaster."

And yet the pro-permanent guys are now saying that permanent SMP also fades, but that it just takes longer.

"If you go the permanent SMP route (which I recommend), pigment will just fade over time." --fueguy

So I would pose the same questions you have asked regarding trico about permanent SMP. The difference is trico does in fact disappear 100% from your system. That is what it is specifically designed to do. This occurs because of the particle size and the needle insertion depth. The only variable is the lasting time which varies based on environmental impact as well as the person's immune system. I've personally had trico done by Milena three years ago. There is no trace of it left. None. Zero.

So does permanent SMP disappear completely or does it just fade in color intensity? If it fades, how can you correct this? When you inject pigment into existing pigment the result will likely be a larger dot. This in fact spells a recipe for disaster. What happens when as you age you decide you want a more conservative hairline? The hairline you have as a 20, 30, 40-year old might not work so well when you're a 50, 60, 70-year old. What if you have permanent SMP done and then decide you don't like the way it looks?

BaldKen, To answer your questions from a few pages back:

"How many years have you been practicing Tricopigmentation? Must have been at least 10 years for you to be so confident in this method and its results."

About 2 years now. I was trained by Milena. I am so confident in this method and results because I've studied her methods and seen her results as wells the results I am now getting. I was taught that if you want to excel at something do exactly what someone successful in the field you choose is doing. So I am copying her and her clinic Beauty Medical as closely as possible.

"Have you personally received Tricopigmentation?" Already answered above, but yes.

"Have you any photos that show the stages of the fading?"

I am actually in the process of documenting this with a local client who has so far agreed to it.

Ken, I have no problem with the questions you're asking, and I think it's wise for any consumer to consider all the possible outcomes. I've already stated I think you have a good amount of knowledge about SMP. But please keep your opinions balanced and your mind open.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

So does permanent SMP disappear completely or does it just fade in color intensity? If it fades, how can you correct this?

As you know, fading depends greatly upon the individual's immune system as well as that individual's care for his or her scalp. Avoidance of UV ray exposure, avoiding trauma such as cuts and abrasions to the skin etc. is key in avoiding fading.

From my experience and observation, if there is any fading due to sun or cuts, the smp fades completely. I know several men who have had SMP for over 10 years. A few of them have taken extra care to use sunscreen and hats and avoid too much sun exposure in general- it is bad for your skin anyway, and these men's SMP look as good as mine today. They have no color change or blurred dots. The guys who have had many sunburns and/or cuts from shaving have experienced the complete disappearance of their dots in those affected areas, and have had to get touch ups to repair the faded areas. I have seen one man who had SMP and the treatment lightened significantly, I think for physiological reasons, and he had to have extra enhancements and it finally worked out for him and looks good now.

What happens when as you age you decide you want a more conservative hairline? The hairline you have as a 20, 30, 40-year old might not work so well when you're a 50, 60, 70-year old. What if you have permanent SMP done and then decide you don't like the way it looks?

That is a great point, and absolutely something to consider before smp treatments. The provider I chose does much more conservative hairlines and they are higher and more rounded as opposed to straight, low, and edgy. On my particular case, I still have hair in front and they didn't want to tattoo areas below where my existing hair ends. Also, I did not have the side profiles smp'd.

I feel that these "hip-hop/rapper" hairlines that Ive seen many clinics do, that go really far down, and angle on the sides and straight across the forehead are just a bad idea. Especially for the reason you mentioned, that as a person gets older this will look ridiculous.

About 2 years now. I was trained by Milena. I am so confident in this method and results because I've studied her methods and seen her results as wells the results I am now getting. I was taught that if you want to excel at something do exactly what someone successful in the field you choose is doing. So I am copying her and her clinic Beauty Medical as closely as possible.

Good deal brother, sounds like you have some great experience under your belt, and I can't think of a better person to learn under than Milena! Sounds like you are very committed to your craft and that is nice to see in this industry.

I am actually in the process of documenting this with a local client who has so far agreed to it.

Nice! I hope it works out. This will be a great way to track the fading and ultimately (in my opinion) determine the level of success of the treatment.

Ken, I have no problem with the questions you're asking, and I think it's wise for any consumer to consider all the possible outcomes. I've already stated I think you have a good amount of knowledge about SMP. But please keep your opinions balanced and your mind open.

I feel I have kept my opinions on Tricopigmentation balanced. As I have stated over and over, I feel that Tricopigmentation is a great Short-term option. I don't think it is logistically or financially feasible for most men to continue Tricopigmentation treatments as a Long-term solution to their hair loss.

However, if there are no physical repercussions from receiving hundreds/thousands of repeated insertions of pigment into the scalp over time, and if the client can afford financially to continue paying for this service, then I think it may be a good way to go. I still would like to see the progression of the fading, as well as the end result of the fading to make a firm determination of this treatment being good or not. I hope you have many successful results for your clients and great success in your business.

Edited by BaldKen2

I have no doubt that Tricopigmentation will fade.

It's not a long-term solution though. Only a gate-way to permanent makeup. Start with Tricopigmentation and if you like it, get permanent SMP. You WILL save a lot of money in the long run.

Don't let anyone tell you different.

• 4 weeks later...

The perception that temporary SMP, or 'tricopigmentation' is somehow better than a high quality permanent SMP treatment, is complete rubbish. Also the cheerleading for Milena Lardi and her technique as the only option worth considering is just narrow minded and smacks of covert marketing.

Look at some of the permanent SMP examples out there by Shadow Clinic, HIS, Vinci, Scalp Aesthetics and others. Not every style will be to everyone's taste (particularly the super-sharp looks), but no-one can deny the quality of the work done.

Yes, tricopigmentation is a great option and yes, Milena Lardi is one of the best for sure. But all this bias towards one particular tech and her trainees is irritating and misleading.

The perception that temporary SMP, or 'tricopigmentation' is somehow better than a high quality permanent SMP treatment, is complete rubbish. Also the cheerleading for Milena Lardi and her technique as the only option worth considering is just narrow minded and smacks of covert marketing.

Look at some of the permanent SMP examples out there by Shadow Clinic, HIS, Vinci, Scalp Aesthetics and others. Not every style will be to everyone's taste (particularly the super-sharp looks), but no-one can deny the quality of the work done.

Yes, tricopigmentation is a great option and yes, Milena Lardi is one of the best for sure. But all this bias towards one particular tech and her trainees is irritating and misleading.

Exactly! Very well stated

The shade on the scalp surface may last 2-3 years but is still likely to reside in the dermal layer for longer although overall longevity will depend on the individual areas of treatment, age, immune system, complexion, and exposure to uv.