Hair not falling

At the day of transplant dr said to me that my hair will be falling after 2 weeks

not its 12 week No hair falling.

I am worried.

I contact to doctor and he said It must be fallen otherwise result will be compromised.

Please tell me I am in real pain.

Why not my hair falling to Regrow new ?

• 1 month later...

Ukboy,

When you say, "hair not falling" we assume that you mean your grafts have not shedded, is that correct?

If so, that is somewhat out of the norm, but not necessarily a bad thing. It could be that some of your grafts have continued to grow however many of them should be shedding at 3 months post-op.

Here's a suggestion. Using your fingertips, simply pull some of the graft hair and see if they come off. If so, then it's really a matter of getting more pro-active in removing the dead graft hair shafts. At 3 months post-op, your recipient zone must be fully healed by now and so any of the crusts would be removed. If they are not removed, the new hair shafts cannot get through the sites where the crusts still exist and that is probably what your doctor was referring to when he was explaining the regrowth results.

If you still have the crusts, get in the shower and shampoo up your scalp, let the suds saturate your scalp for roughly 5 minutes or so and then begin to rub off the crusts. At this point in time, they serve no purpose because the crusts are nothing more than dead graft tissue above the scalp line. By getting them wet in the shower will soften them up and make them easier to remove. You will see that most of the graft hair will come off with the crusts.

Every now and then, I hear from a guy who is not removing the crusts after 7-10 days because he is just being extra careful and think removing them is not a good idea.

If you read and review many of the post-op instructions that clinics provide, they advise their patients to remove these dead crusts after 7-10 days. For those individuals who heal under normal time frames, 10 days is more than sufficient time for the recipient sites to heal enough for the crusts to be removed.

Once your recipient is cleaned up, the new hair shafts have a clear path to grow through the scalp.

Then you should start seeing a difference with new regrowth coming through.

Feel better now my friend?...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Has the hair grown?

Do you mean the graft hair?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I experienced minimal shedding after both of my FUE procedures. You can tell which are grafted hairs as the tips will be thicker with typically a slightly bent appearance. Nothing to worry about unless you are not seeing any change in length.

Ukboy,

When you say, "hair not falling" we assume that you mean your grafts have not shedded, is that correct?

yes shedding

If so, that is somewhat out of the norm, but not necessarily a bad thing. It could be that some of your grafts have continued to grow however many of them should be shedding at 3 months post-op.

now its 6th month not any single hair shed.

Here's a suggestion. Using your fingertips, simply pull some of the graft hair and see if they come off. If so, then it's really a matter of getting more pro-active in removing the dead graft hair shafts. At 3 months post-op, your recipient zone must be fully healed by now and so any of the crusts would be removed. If they are not removed, the new hair shafts cannot get through the sites where the crusts still exist and that is probably what your doctor was referring to when he was explaining the regrowth results.

NO its very hard I cant pull out a single one.

If you still have the crusts, get in the shower and shampoo up your scalp, let the suds saturate your scalp for roughly 5 minutes or so and then begin to rub off the crusts. At this point in time, they serve no purpose because the crusts are nothing more than dead graft tissue above the scalp line. By getting them wet in the shower will soften them up and make them easier to remove. You will see that most of the graft hair will come off with the crusts.

Not any single down

Every now and then, I hear from a guy who is not removing the crusts after 7-10 days because he is just being extra careful and think removing them is not a good idea.

If you read and review many of the post-op instructions that clinics provide, they advise their patients to remove these dead crusts after 7-10 days. For those individuals who heal under normal time frames, 10 days is more than sufficient time for the recipient sites to heal enough for the crusts to be removed.

Once your recipient is cleaned up, the new hair shafts have a clear path to grow through the scalp.

Then you should start seeing a difference with new regrowth coming through.

Feel better now my friend?...;)

any one my hair is growing

its was 4100 grafts

its look like now 4000 hairs only :(

Im in a similar situation im 6 months post op and i didnt have much shedding about 20% maybe so now if the final result is only 20% better i would be dissapointed but i think i underestemated how much acctually shed you probably did the same and you have a lot more growth to come.

Yes they are growing :D

Thats what I meant - are the transplanted hairs actually growing and not just remaining static. Mine grew from day one.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thats what I meant - are the transplanted hairs actually growing and not just remaining static. Mine grew from day one.

yes its growing on day first but I m not satisfied with result.

Can you post some pictures of before, right after surgery and what you look like now? It's difficult to give any advice or make comments without seeing what you looked like pre-op and what you look like now.

Can you post some pictures of before, right after surgery and what you look like now? It's difficult to give any advice or make comments without seeing what you looked like pre-op and what you look like now.

Thanks I will put it..

This thread really means nothing without pictures, UKBoy, if you provide clear pictures of pre op, post op and monthly pics you will probably get the answers you are really looking for.

Has there ever been any research into avoiding the dredded sheding of transplanted hair because it would be great if it grew straight away without all the pimples.

i can not tell anything from them pictures.

Do the hairs pull out or are they firmly anchored?

Has there ever been any research into avoiding the dredded sheding of transplanted hair because it would be great if it grew straight away without all the pimples.

i can not tell anything from them pictures.

Do the hairs pull out or are they firmly anchored?

yes its very hard I cant pull out

If the hair shafts do not come out with a reasonable amount of force then that's a pretty good indication that those hair shafts are still in the growth phase.

When the grafts go into the telogen (dormant) phase, they begin to shed the graft hair soon after and subsequently it does not take very much effort to remove the dead hair because the hair shafts become disengaged with the dormant stage follicles.

Gillenator

• 4 weeks later...

Hair caliber maturation will also help produce the visual coverage greatly.

Gillenator