Hair Transplant with Dr Rahal next few weeks

xabi86

hello all,

This is my first post on this website. I have been following this website for a few years now and it is because of this website that I found Dr Rahal and decided to have a hair restoration surgery at his clinic. I have my surgery in the next few weeks before I fly out from London.

At this point I must admit I am very nervous about the pain factor as it is a FUT procedure and would welcome any experiences and thoughts from you all out there, especially Dr Rahal patients.

Another point of concern for me is people at work noticing the surgery, I have got about 33 days from the point I have the procedure with Dr Rahal and the day I return to work. The thought of the people at work noticing my procedure is freaking me out. Do you guys think 33 days enough to get to a point where I would be able to conceal the procedure (taking into account I could use Toppik)?

Overall, I am quite nervous and will welcome any thoughts from you guys to help ease the nerves.

Many thanks in advance

Xabi

My best advice would be to make sure he gives you a good estimate on your lifetime grafts available so you can plan accordingly. Too many people forget to ask this.

Great doc, your in great hands.

Good luck!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Be relax man! You are in great hands!

33days are good healing period but scar will take some more time to heal approx 3months. If you want, you can Use toppik to hide your scar when you are at work!

Good luck, do share your overall experience with us.

Mate you're in the best hands literally!

I am biased though!

33 days is plenty mate but as mentioned it is likely your scar may be somewhat healing still so don't expect a full recovering miracle by that time, nobody is likely to notice if you play it right.

If you need any tips or support hit my email mate happy to have a chat pre and post op!

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

If your hair is short now then you'll have no problem. I'm 2 months out and because my hair has been long all my life anytime someone sees me it becomes the topic of conversation. Because I'm still in that 'ugly duckling' stage I'm wearing a hat 80% of the time. I'm getting so tired of it.

Hi xabi86,

My name is Robert Ha and I'm a Senior Patient Advisor with Rahal Hair Clinic.

I'm also a patient of Dr. Rahal, having had an FUT procedure just over 12 months ago. I know you've been consulting with my colleague but I'd be happy to speak with you to address your concerns and to ease your mind.

Please feel free to email or call me. Alternatively, I'd be happy to contact you, if you would like to PM me.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Any questions, please let me know.

Robert Ha, Senior Patient Advisor

Dr. H. Rahal is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rahal - Restoring more than just hair™

Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): 1x Daily

Generic Minoxidil 5%: 2x Daily

Nizoral Shampoo: 2x weekly

Thank you all for words encouragement.

In terms of healing of the scar thats not a problem, as long as I can hide the scar and the recepient area has enough growth to hide the procedure - post 33 days. Your thoughts on that pls?

@MusoInOz - i have tried to private message u but can't see the option on your profile. Pls help.

@Robert Ha - same for u, I have tried to PM you but don't see the option.

Another question I have for u all is, is there a lot of pain experienced during the procedure i.e removal of strip and stiches?

Thanks

Hi xabi86,

What number can I reach you on? If you'd like to email your number to me directly at robert@rahalhairline.com, I'd be happy to call you!

Any questions, please let me know.

Robert Ha, Senior Patient Advisor

Dr. H. Rahal is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rahal - Restoring more than just hair™

Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): 1x Daily

Generic Minoxidil 5%: 2x Daily

Nizoral Shampoo: 2x weekly

Thank you all for words encouragement.

In terms of healing of the scar thats not a problem, as long as I can hide the scar and the recepient area has enough growth to hide the procedure - post 33 days. Your thoughts on that pls?

@MusoInOz - i have tried to private message u but can't see the option on your profile. Pls help.

@Robert Ha - same for u, I have tried to PM you but don't see the option.

Another question I have for u all is, is there a lot of pain experienced during the procedure i.e removal of strip and stiches?

Thanks

Well I guess PM facilities has been disabled for Junior members!

I hope moderators shed some light

33 days is plenty! Most people only take a week off. By 30 days most if not all of your grafts will have fallen out and you will look just like you look pre procedure. Just keep your hair semi long in the back like a #5 or # 6 that way the scar can be hidden. You then can evaluate before you go back to work if you can trim it closer.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks a lot again guys for all your input.

Time is fast approaching and the nervousness is increasing by the day - more nerves than excitement.

One thing I wanted to ask you guys is what set of questions should I ask in my consult prior to the procedure, I am due to meet Dr Rahal a day before the actual procedure so please if you could in the set of questions I should ask?

Many thanks in advance.

thanks a lot again guys for all your input.

Time is fast approaching and the nervousness is increasing by the day - more nerves than excitement.

One thing I wanted to ask you guys is what set of questions should I ask in my consult prior to the procedure, I am due to meet Dr Rahal a day before the actual procedure so please if you could in the set of questions I should ask?

Many thanks in advance.

Here's an article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog you may find helpful.

What Type of Questions Should Patients Ask During a Hair Transplant Surgery Consultation?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David.

Any other questions that one can think of please?

Many thanks

Anyone, any other questions one can think of pls that I should ask Dr Rahal during my consult pls?

• 2 weeks later...

guys pls any advice would help on the questions I should ask Dr Rahal during the consult?

any rahal patients out there - how much was the pain that you experienced during your procedure with him - bearing in mind it is FUT I am going for?

How long did it take for you guys for the signs of surgery to disappear so that no one noticed? For those who didn't tell their colleagues/friends of their procedure?

Thanks

Hey buddy,

Follow the link to recommended questions by David above. Think that should cover everything. I think you need to find out if they are going to shave the recipient area or not as they could impact your appearance. I was lucky enough to not shave my recipient area shaved when I had my 2,500 FUT surgery with a diff surgeon. Wore a cap to work until the 10th day when the sutures were removed. It wasn't noticible to anyone that I had a HT, although I did tell them I had an accident and had stitches in my head - hence the cap.

In terms of pain, the worst is the numbing. Numbing the donar area isn't to bad, but when they do the recepient area, I won't lie - it hurts like a motherf@$#er at times. Very sharp pain you experience when the needle first goes in on some areas. The rest of the surgery was pain free. The worst pain overall was actually when they removed the sutures.

I'm considering Rahal for my 2nd procedure, so will follow your thread, keep us updated. How much did he quote you for FUT?

Hello mav23100gunther, I have read David's link previously but I was wondering if there were any questions that I need to ask which are not in the list that David provided.

I have 33 days off from work after which I get back - the point is some peeps are saying that this will be enough time for me to recover and there should be no signs of surgery (provided I use toppik) and some peeps are saying this may not be enough time.

Another that has recently got me concerned is some of the negative comments/reviews I have read about Dr Rahal's results recently, to name a few 404hairnotfound (forum name) and the other guy is sharkman - who's post has been locked as he didn't post any evidence I belive. However, I don't know what was the outcome of that. The point is having these negative reviews has got me worried about my procedure and ultimately the final outcome. I hope someone could allay those fears?

I will defo start a thread for my procedure and will post results.

I am not going for fue procedure and will be going for FUT - dont know what their FUE prices are.

Hey man,

I wouldn't worry about the negative reviews, there will always be the haters out there. I think people are concerned he may be skirting the line between trying to cram in more patients than he can handle, and may not be as hands on as he used to be. Rahal actually answered these allegations in another thread on this site, and bottom line is that this man produces amazing results. Have yet to see actual evidence that he is not still producing brilliant results besides one or two recent haters. Also, this man is booked solid for at lease 6 months in advance, that's all you need to know. I am strongly considering Rahal for my 2nd procedure. If you want someone more hands on then may I suggest Konior. He is hands-on, meteculous and apparently a perfectionilost - another surgeon I am considering.

Could you please PM me the price per graft Rahal quoted you for FUT - I want to make sure he doesn't try overcharge me when we negotiate cost.

Do you know how many patients he looks to operate on per day or how many patients are having a procedure at the same time at his clinic?

How would you compare Dr Rahal to Hasson & Wong?

Cheers

Based on my research - there is very little separating Rahal from Hasson. I believe Hasson gets the maximum no of grafts whilst Rahal is renowned for his hairline - but it's like comparing Aaron Rogers to Peyton Manning - you've just gotta pick one, hedge your bet and just roll the dice