sorry

lately ive been getting some negative feedback from some posters and its not all unwarranted.. so without hijacking a thread id like to spew a little bit and get some things off my chest...

first off, im truly sorry if ive bummed guys out as thats what i try to do....

let me just tell you all what I SEE, because some of you dont think i should even be here wich i respect.. im gonna try to distance myself cause frankly im going crazy with what i see.......

i see a whole bunch of guys who hurt just like i did, and do, they seen their hair falling out and its killing them.. hairloss is doing a number on them pychologically and they are desperate, then they see a billboard, or hear a radio ad, or a commercial that is "showing them there is a way out" telling them they can have their confidence back.... and ya know what? alot of these guys NEVER FIND A FORUM LIKE THIS, they just leap and its not til later they find out they are in for way more then they could have ever thought

so for the lucky few who actually do find this place first, the LAST thing we need to do is tell them "hey just choose a top doc and it will all be wonderful"

NOT A SINGLE HOMERUN, NOT A SINGLE "WOW" RESULT EVER CAME EASY... it came after MANY procedures and tens of thousands of dollars, down time, and YEARS of long planned out work. and LUCK....

NOW IM SORRY THAT SOME OF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THE ABOVE STATMENT IS TRUE......

every single one of you has not beaten hairloss, not a single one of you, not even those of you with very good results, and while YOU might be aware that that would be the case YOU are not everyone, and i can PROMISE there are guys who dont realize what they are commiting to.... they dont realize that their hair and haiross will ALWAYS BE WITH THEM, only now they have scarred up their heads and currently nothing can change that fact either...

i feel like i KNOW when this procedure is the "right" move for a guy, and when its not.. i feel like I KNOW what should be expected, i feel like i KNOW when i see a guy how will have future issues. because sadly for me i pretty much live in this world......

and what i see is a BUNCH of young guys hoping and praying that they made the right decision, PRAYING their thin spot will thicken up even though they are at 13 months post op. i see guys who are DEPENDENT ON MEDS and ALWAYS looking to get more out of them, i see guys who just had their 4th WELL PLANNED procedure because they STILL have thinning and i see 20 somethings having their very 1st with many more comming down the road......

i see a business for of drs working on you guys, taking your money while YOU are the one at risk... and yes there are the all knowing all powerful TOP docs too..

you cant go over the risks enough, you just cant, you cant tell people enough that HTs are a LIFELONG COMMITMENT, and hairloss(as long as it effects you mentally) is a BATTLE YOUR NEVER NOT GOING TO BE FIGHTING... no matter how many surgeries you have had..... there is a luck 1% i will admit... but come one so many of us hang one that 1% because its all we need to jump in... we want to talk about how "advanced" we are now.. but were NOT.. if you go bald NOTHING currently will heal you..... improvements are the very best you can hope for but you will never be a guy who does not show signs of hairloss.....

for this reason even a guy like Drew35 it better fit for a HT with all his risks simply because he is doing nothing but GAINING from this point on........ when you have native hair left to lose your in for it man, and ther is NO GOING BACK....

if drew35 posts honest pics alot of you guys will think wow hes thin still but hey he was really bald and "IM" not that bald so its ok.... but wha happens as you become drew, you will be left with thin results just like his... there is no way around it........

every day NEW YOUNG guys are finding this site, and ill be damned if im just gonna sit around and tell them that this is the best option for them and to "choose a top doc"..... my goal is to NOT have a bunch of guys out there is my same predicament... i dont want guys to have to worry about the same shit that i worry about every day.look at me, im a god damn wack job.... and i was not even CLOSE to disfigured, my work is managable.

ive seen plenty of guys regret their decisions after choosing "top" docs......

ba humbug

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

lately ive been getting some negative feedback from some posters and its not all unwarranted.. so without hijacking a thread id like to spew a little bit and get some things off my chest...

first off, im truly sorry if ive bummed guys out as thats what i try to do....

let me just tell you all what I SEE, because some of you dont think i should even be here wich i respect.. im gonna try to distance myself cause frankly im going crazy with what i see.......

i see a whole bunch of guys who hurt just like i did, and do, they seen their hair falling out and its killing them.. hairloss is doing a number on them pychologically and they are desperate, then they see a billboard, or hear a radio ad, or a commercial that is "showing them there is a way out" telling them they can have their confidence back.... and ya know what? alot of these guys NEVER FIND A FORUM LIKE THIS, they just leap and its not til later they find out they are in for way more then they could have ever thought

so for the lucky few who actually do find this place first, the LAST thing we need to do is tell them "hey just choose a top doc and it will all be wonderful"

NOT A SINGLE HOMERUN, NOT A SINGLE "WOW" RESULT EVER CAME EASY... it came after MANY procedures and tens of thousands of dollars, down time, and YEARS of long planned out work. and LUCK....

NOW IM SORRY THAT SOME OF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THE ABOVE STATMENT IS TRUE......

every single one of you has not beaten hairloss, not a single one of you, not even those of you with very good results, and while YOU might be aware that that would be the case YOU are not everyone, and i can PROMISE there are guys who dont realize what they are commiting to.... they dont realize that their hair and haiross will ALWAYS BE WITH THEM, only now they have scarred up their heads and currently nothing can change that fact either...

i feel like i KNOW when this procedure is the "right" move for a guy, and when its not.. i feel like I KNOW what should be expected, i feel like i KNOW when i see a guy how will have future issues. because sadly for me i pretty much live in this world......

and what i see is a BUNCH of young guys hoping and praying that they made the right decision, PRAYING their thin spot will thicken up even though they are at 13 months post op. i see guys who are DEPENDENT ON MEDS and ALWAYS looking to get more out of them, i see guys who just had their 4th WELL PLANNED procedure because they STILL have thinning and i see 20 somethings having their very 1st with many more comming down the road......

i see a business for of drs working on you guys, taking your money while YOU are the one at risk... and yes there are the all knowing all powerful TOP docs too..

you cant go over the risks enough, you just cant, you cant tell people enough that HTs are a LIFELONG COMMITMENT, and hairloss(as long as it effects you mentally) is a BATTLE YOUR NEVER NOT GOING TO BE FIGHTING... no matter how many surgeries you have had..... there is a luck 1% i will admit... but come one so many of us hang one that 1% because its all we need to jump in... we want to talk about how "advanced" we are now.. but were NOT.. if you go bald NOTHING currently will heal you..... improvements are the very best you can hope for but you will never be a guy who does not show signs of hairloss.....

for this reason even a guy like Drew35 it better fit for a HT with all his risks simply because he is doing nothing but GAINING from this point on........ when you have native hair left to lose your in for it man, and ther is NO GOING BACK....

if drew35 posts honest pics alot of you guys will think wow hes thin still but hey he was really bald and "IM" not that bald so its ok.... but wha happens as you become drew, you will be left with thin results just like his... there is no way around it........

every day NEW YOUNG guys are finding this site, and ill be damned if im just gonna sit around and tell them that this is the best option for them and to "choose a top doc"..... my goal is to NOT have a bunch of guys out there is my same predicament... i dont want guys to have to worry about the same shit that i worry about every day.look at me, im a god damn wack job.... and i was not even CLOSE to disfigured, my work is managable.

ive seen plenty of guys regret their decisions after choosing "top" docs......

ba humbug

No, you're right to throw caution to the wind, it is an expensive and huge cosmetic commitment and must be approached with realism.

And often the draw backs are downplayed on this site, too many behave as if only places like Bosley are capable of screwing up or scarring you.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

good post lms,i agree about the drew35 scenario.

like him i was a norwood 6 and now have a nw3 pattern which is relatively thin after 2 passes.am i disapointed?no.was i expecting anything more?no.would i go for another?probably.

you see i went into this with eyes wide open,as i saw it i had nothing(hairwise)to lose and could only gain.this is a luxury to us nw5/6 guys in their late 30,s, but i too worry about the younger nw2/3 who will have a struggle on their hands should mpb progress throughout their lives.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Kudos to LMS

I also want to say that I strongly believe that for the most ethical Drs out there a truly educated consumer is actually their best customer.

there are a variety of reasons why people at different ages opt for HT. At the younger ages I often sense its a matter of feeling they "need it" to attract a mate. At the older its a matter of wanting to see if we can regain a generally more youthful appearance.

Those with the most reasonable expectations as to results and long term effects seem to have a much more satisfying overall experience. Those who are drawn in by the "ugly duckling to white swan" transformation hype are due for one expensive and often regrettable lifelong lesson.

to the young folks who read this forum...

charm, wit, sense of humor and kindness are qualities that actually attract the opposite sex. Work on that! A great hairline? perhaps you'll get more looks from other balding men.

LMS,

While your post is important to read and its certainly important for posters to take caution before jumping into a major cosmetic procedure, I disagree with a couple of important points.

1.) "NOT A SINGLE HOMERUN, NOT A SINGLE "WOW" RESULT EVER CAME EASY... it came after MANY procedures and tens of thousands of dollars, down time, and YEARS of long planned out work. and LUCK...."

I've seen many people with frontal recession, that have been on meds and have been able to stop their hairloss. I have no loss at the crown or diffuse thinning and based on my family history and being on propecia for 5 years, my hairloss has halted.

I do not expect to have MANY procedures and I know that there are others on here that will not require anything further.

2) Most people on these forums have tried many different methods to treat their hairloss. I've done all sorts of stuff from needling, to minox/caffeine homemade solutions, to laser light. And the search for answers has taken me years.

Now, after having a transplant I'm confident that I can stop putting crazy concoctions on my head and that I won't have to read these boards everyday to find out the latest and greatest topical.

Finally, from a cost standpoint, I would have spent thousands on crap that doesn't work over years and years. I think the peace of mind and time saved from worrying about hairloss, along with the money spent on topicals, justifies paying 20k now for a ht.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Swagger,

I think you ought to change the topic of this post from "sorry" to "online rant", since it's more appropriate :-).

You make several valid points, but in my opinion, while you may feel others downplay the risks, you often overplay them while understating the benefits. While I feel you may "balance" those who are overenthusiastic, I do wish and hope that all members eventually develop a more balanced and truthful perspective that comes from a lot of research and understanding.

The facts about hair transplants remain the same no matter what spin anyone puts on them. Here are some important key points that I think helps balance the benefits and the risks.

1. Hair transplants are a viable solution for some, but they aren't for everyone.

2. Today's state of the art hair transplants are very natural looking and undetectable in appropriate candidates

3. Hair transplant surgery is not a cure for progressive pattern baldness.

4. Subsequent procedures are often needed over time as hair loss progresses.

5. Hair loss medication like Propecia and Rogaine are often helpful aids to potentially minimize the numer of surgeries needed

6. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure and hair transplant surgery is no exception. Prospective patients should learn about these and make an informed decision based on all their research which patient should take time to do.

7. Only a select few individuals can restore "true density". The vast majority will have to decide whether or not they will be satisfied with an illusion of density - which requires them to understand what this means.

8. Donor supply is limited

9. A long term hair restoration plan and realistic expectations must be established prior to a patient going through with even the first surgery. Patients should realize that the plan should be flexible and incorporate the best and worst case scenerios. Patients will ultimately have to decide whether or not they are willing to take the risks to achieve the benefits of surgical hair restoration.

10. Hair transplant surgery is about risk management and informed consent. It's not a perfect solution.

I certainly feel for you regarding your past - though we're all still waiting for you to post your experience and photos to understand your perspective better. But I do hope that the gloom and doom approach to your posts dissipates and you develop a more balanced and appropriate view.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree Bill, research is very important and understanding the risk vs. reward.. in my case i do understand that i will need 2 surgeries to get where i would like to be. I also think this forum helps guide people with questions in the right direction, and this forum also gives real life experiences to people like me who need to see and talk to others who have went through the same things. If i had not found this forum i would have most likely made the wrong choice's and not put the time in to research my options. And you are right (lost my swagger) it does not come easy! What we all go through is hard and so is life! In the end it comes down to what you want and understanding if what you want is realistic and can be accomplished! I also believe the ethical top HT Doctors will always be honest with you in regards to what they can accomplish!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

Well said Bill,

I would also like to add that while lms might not be happy with their ht's, there are many many people who are. No one is saying, "hey look i beat baldness", but to say spending thousands of dollars on ht's to improve appearance which can do worlds for their confidence and make people feel better about themselves is a waste of money, well, i bet a whole lot of people feel differently.

Look at a guy like jotronic, a straight baldie who now will have a more than acceptable head of hair for the rest of his life thanks to his transplant.

Do the research and choose a top doc while being realistic and educated about hair loss and i guarantee you wont be dissapointed.

I can't agree more w/ Bill about "risk management"....a reflective, informed assessment of risk-reward, subjective to each of us.

If we look at HTs to be something of a perfect solution, then I agree that there are very few -- if any -- satisfactory results and outcomes. But, if we look to HTs to be that of a positive -- perfection be damned --, for the majority of posters who do adequate research and reflection, HTs are a consistently clear success.

We can pick flaws in virtually any HT case, and it's also the nature of us to take successes and improvements for granted and to focus on any and all problems with rewnewed vigor (once we have the very luxury to do so following the said success/improvement); but the fundamental question is whether the person in question is better off and whether they are content with the route taken.

I've followed Hasson, Wong, Rahal, Feller, SMG, Cooley, Alexander, Farjo (and others) fairly closely. Looking not just at clinic results themselves, but of actual patients who have taken the time to document their journey. The verdict is that the overwhelming number of patients feel improved, if not radically transformed for the better.

To me, realistically defeating MPB doesn't really mean that you kill it; it means that you fight it as well as you can for your own situation.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have a special place in my heart for LMS--I know he just wants to "do good" and prevent others from making poor decisions--he has no financial stake in this, and while he might get a little crazy icon_biggrin.gif , I know he means well.

I think the level of comfortability with HT's is at an all-time high. I think many of us feel a HT is a viable option and act accordingly.

However, I talk to so many young men who just do not understand the commitment a HT comes with.

Most patients need or must have at least 2 procedures. The down time and mental fortitude to go through this over a period of 2-3 years is high.

It is difficult to forecast financial status over 2-10 years as well. There are those who have done a HT in the mid-20's, only to find they need one at 35, but do not have any money.

Scarring. Regardless of where you go, there are some patients who scar poorly. You must understand that is a possibility before going through with a HT.

I know we often turn people away who have unrealistic expectations or who stake their hopes on one "life-changing" procedure.

HT's should NOT be the first answer--- meds and buzzing down should be the 1st option---HT's should only be an option after much research and contemplation.

I have a 20 year-old cousin who begs me to take him up to Minnesota and restore his hairline via FUE...No Way. Cut it short and get back to me in 5-6 years.

My point is people should take steps to live without surgery first. Then after much research, possibly go forward.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bill-- i do state the benefits of this procedure, like i say i feel i KNOW when i see a guy who could benefit from this procedure and when i see a guy who is risking MUCH MORE... the problem is i see a large group of patients who are made to feel comfortable by MUCH of this community about their decision to do this.. "hdude46"'s last sentance in his post is a direct example of the thought process that i find can be harmful to MANY who are on here trying to learn facts about this procedure. hell hdude even thows out a PERSONAL GUARANTEE... geeze...

you wanna know the truth of my situation Bill?? i screwed up.. i did not sign up for this life time commitment, i did not sign up for these risks and AS MY HAIRLOSS PROGRESSES, GIVEN MY GRAFTED THIN HAIRLINE, MIXED WITH MY AVALIABLE DONOR I WILL NOW BE FORCED TO UNDERGO FURTHER PROCEDURES NOT BY CHOICE BUT BECAUSE MY SITUATION WILL SLOWLY BECOME MORE AND MORE UNNATURAL looking.. i accept resposiblity for this, i dont dwell or play the victim, but you will have to forgive me if im less then impressed with HTs and what they can and cannot do... youll have to forgive me if im not sold after YEARS of seeing what can and does go wrong as well as right, and years of trying to plan my best course of action, knowing that my next choice will effect MY WHOLE LIFE one way or the other.

so Bill, its not in my best intrest to live in a fantasy world in which a trick myself into believeing these "top" docs can give me a nice head of hair.. because they CANT... you call it "doom and gloom" which is fine, but i see guys who are headed for a future similar to me who chose very good docs..guys taking a different road then you took.

hell if people pay attention they will see these guys come here from time to time and be brave enought to SHARE that they are there RIGHT NOW... but then i see some guys just block that out because they cant believe in that.its just to scary for them....

now look, cases are different, I KNOW THAT, AND IVE SAID MANY TIMES THERE ARE MANY GUYS WHO BENEFIT FROM THIS PROCEDURE, MY ISSUE IS NOT SAVING THEM. but id be lying to myself if i was to just pretend that i dont see ALOT of guys who are NOT ready to make this decision MAKE IT.. its happening ALL THE TIME in this forum and away from it aswell..

balody-- VERY NICE POST... you may have seen that from time to time i mention "reverse the curse" (RTC) in my posts.. i refer to his case as an example of a HT SUCCESS... what you described as your situation sounds very close to that of RTC's.. a bald man, who greatly improved his appearance, but is now a LESS bald man.....THIS IS WHAT(well executed)MULTIPLE TRANSPLANTS CAN DO FOR THE TYPICAL BALD MAN.....

there is a belief that they can do more, it is facillitated by these cherrypicked results on guys with alot of native hair IMO... there is this idea that these guys fight is over now, or atleast it is for a long while.. but many of them continue to lose hair, many will be/are chasing this forever, but in the end we are all limited by the EXACT SAME LIMITATION YOU HAVE BALODY... the difference is these guys will have no choice but to keep going back for more...

I KNOW MANY OF YOU ARE LIKE BALODY, AND THANATOPSIS, AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE IN FOR AND READY FOR THE CHALLENGE... BUT I DO WHAT I DO BASED LARGELY ON THIS BELIEF........

'THE MAJORITY OF LURKERS, AND YOUNG POSTERS DONT KNOW WHAT YOU LONGTIME POSTERS KNOW'...

i wish to try to make things cristal clear for guys who want to know what this commitment is all about... you cannot deny the large group of people who reget their decisions YET WE DO...

im not overly caution in my mind Bill, im QUITE ON POINT, for instance YOU.. you have had 4 HTs now, 4... you were blessed with good donor and your you will STILL have hair issues, you will STILL take your meds, you will STILL have the combback(just like nicnitro), and you will still be quite open to new treatment in the future because you will STILL not have a full head of hair after your loooong, expensive, and lucky journy. 10,000 grafts later.....years later your comming closer to what you want...

are you listening young guys???....

bspot, your post is a good one, aside from your somewhat patronizing "aww shucks, swagger means well, and i know he WANTS to do good"... it comes off as if i dont know what im talking about a bit, but i do.... because Bspot, the very reasons you wont let your 20year old cousin go through with it to simply beef up his hairline is the very reason i say and do what i do...you know its not that simply bspot, yet he obv DOES NOT... hes not alone in his lack of knowledge.

i hope your clinic takes the same approach and level of caring with 'joe' patient, as YOU do personally with your own blood..... god knows this DIRTY, GREEDY, SELFISH, indusrty could use a few clinics like that.......

you obviously misinterpreted or just ignored the "being realistic part" of my post. typical in that you post what you want and hear what you want. Part of being realistic is know ht's will not give a bald guy a full head of hair. part of being realistic is knowing that you will probably need multiple procedures as hair loss is progressive.

But your doom and gloom approach, and yes it is that, is not reality. Yes there are risks, a bad scar or a pluggy look to name a few, but a top doc more than likely will give you a cosmetically improved result while being responsible and honest with you about what he can achieve and you can expect.

Hair loss is progressive, yes, and you need to plan accordingly. Young guys need to understand this. However, looking at family history,l getting on meds, having a doc look at your pattern will give you a pretty good predictor of where you are heading. Not everyone who loses hair will advance to a NW6 or 7.

Finally i say research research research. You are right in that some clinics will and do take advantage of people. But there is a reason this forum is here and why the doctors here have been reviewed by both their clients and their peers.

i didnt miss, or ignore anything hdude, perhaps you ignored the part in my post where i pointed out it was your "last sentence" that i took issue with. not your whole post..

best of luck hdude, pick a top surgen and i GUARANTEE you will not be dissapointedicon_wink.gifnot now, not ever, i guarantee it.

Swagger,

Iin light of your own personal story (though we have yet to learn all the details and see your photos), I can understand why you feel and sometimes respond the way you do. Several of the statements you make are legitimate, but it's often carried with a flavor of anger and sometimes downright rage.

It's this statement from you that reveals both your pain and your purposel:

"so Bill, its not in my best intrest to live in a fantasy world in which a trick myself into believeing these "top" docs can give me a nice head of hair.. because they CANT... you call it "doom and gloom" which is fine, but i see guys who are headed for a future similar to me who chose very good docs..guys taking a different road then you took."

You fear that others will take the same road you took and destroy their lives. As a result, you oversell the risks to prevent others from making the same mistakes. I think your personal experience prevents you from accurately seeing the benefits of hair transplant surgery which is why they're often downplayed. The "risks" and bad outcome is all you know personally, thus, it's most of what you discuss.

I agree with others that your posts sometimes help to offset the overly positive posts that only broadcast the benefits. On the other hand, your anger sometimes causes undue negativity and even hostility that I hope will diminish.

On the other hand, I wholeheartedly agree that doctor's and clinics should be held accountable for their actions. I also believe the hair transplant profession ought to be better regulated to prevent them from making false promises and guarantees while downplaying the risks. It's patient communities like ours that give patients the right to share their legitimate experiences and photos, thus holding the hair transplant profession and it's doctors accountable for their statements and actions.

Best wishes,

Bill

LMS even though I dont agree with everything you make some great points.

I will say one thing and that is Im 99.9% positive that LMS truly feels this way and wants to help people.

The reason I say Im positive is because Ive seen his photos on another site and his hair isnt bad.

If he had been butchered then I would know why hes so passionate about all this but hes not , yet still tries to get what he sees and how he feels out to people.

From what I remember at session of 1500-2500 in his front 1/3rd would take care of the front half and I believe he still has hes crown

Some guys have no idea how miserable it becomes when youve had crappy work. Not saying LMS is miserable but its obvious this has really affected him.

If its even half of how it affected me then I totally understand why he gets worked up.

It made me really bitter towards this industry, but this site then SMG saved me and changed my whole new way of thinking.

Hair transplantation definitely isnt something to jump right into and I agree with Swag in that a transplant isnt for everybody.

I do believe with strip and the rise of fue to extract even more grafts when stripped out most guys will get a result they will be happy with.

Its tougher on the guys that need 3 surgeries from the get go but most others can really turn back the clock in under a year.

I will say one thing and that is Im 99.9% positive that LMS truly feels this way and wants to help people.

The reason I say Im positive is because Ive seen his photos on another site and his hair isnt bad.

If he had been butchered then I would know why hes so passionate about all this but hes not , yet still tries to get what he sees and how he feels out to people.

PGP--- is correct, what your not getting Bill is that my opinion has been formed by all sorts of research.. it is NOT simply because i was butchered. because I WAS NOT BUTCHERED... this is why i try not to get into my case when i speak because the way these forums go, all you guys will hear BOSEY and you all think.."OH!! thats why he feels the way he does"... and that is simply not the case..

i disagree that my posts are that of anger and rage, because i know where my words come from, they do not come from a dark, black, vengeful place.. im actually a very positive kind person... rather i would call my posts that of passionicon_smile.gif...

Bill, there are many different groups of guys getting this procedure done and im sorry but while you put trust in your listed docs that they are weighing all future issues with some of these guys i do not see it that way always... and IMO i see certain guys that ought to be cautioned.. thats not to discredit what you and pat stand for, or what the two of you are about. i think the 2 of you, and this community ARE a strong + in the fight to hold drs accountable and better the quality of he work being done..UNDERSTAND THIS PLEASE....

im not trying to over warn or "balance" anything. even though i do feel this place is to friendly about what a transplant means.....

all my posts are using real examples and the "scary" things i say are indeed happening even if you all dont want to believe it.

take the UMAR thing for example... im dead on, i just am.. he should not be allowed to get off the hook, but he will. and people forget.. but if i call it out, which is what i try to do is call out bull s***, then all of a sudden im capt. negative, and im the one with some hidden agenda....

ill get dolled up and post some pics very soon, but it wont do much good as not a single one of you are considering my bosley dr and i would not recommend him... it will serve only for you all to see that my bosley work was not horrible...

LMS,

I think it is OK for you to give your honest opinions as long as you do it without any bias. I have seen some bad results from some of the "top rated" doctors so I think I understood what you may have been trying to say. Often those cases seem to go away because many people that have a bad result do not want to talk much about it.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

It just needs to be understood that hair restoration mitigates the effects of Male Pattern Baldness and does not banish them, it masks some of the damage, but for crying out loud even someone who manages to create the illusion of a full unblemished head of hair it wasn't without a cost. Monetary and scar wise.

Hair transplantation is a medical marvel, but not a medical cure.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016