4 months post Only 5 hairs Is this normal

Notsure89

I think a number that low is a bit unusual, but it's still just 4 months.

If you only have like 100 out of your 2000 grafts growing by month 5, though, I think it would definitely be getting into failure territory.

Sorry to hear of situation mate

Need pics my friend!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I think a number that low is a bit unusual, but it's still just 4 months.

If you only have like 100 out of your 2000 grafts growing by month 5, though, I think it would definitely be getting into failure territory.

What are the odd's of a refund?

What are the odd's of a refund?

Seriously??

Mate, get a grip. It's 4 months. I would bet every penny you paid that the reputable surgeon who did your HT gave you a complete list of post-operative instructions and that you did enough research to know how long it takes to get an idea of how successful your procedure has been.

The word "refund" has no business being in your vocabulary at this stage. Try swapping it for "patience".

Posts like this are not useful. No, it doesn't look good, but when people show concern and want real advice, you need to post usable photos pre op and post op and your current situation. Luckily, this is where the magic happens so you have hope. Have you reached out to your doc? What is he saying?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Why are people so concerned with stating a dr. I mean heck quit being so worried about him, he wasn't worried collecting your money.. And put some damn pics up with a before and after. Drives me crazy how many people think they are a tv star..

Sorry you get the blunt of this but people on here drive me crazy.. Bunch of pre madonnas.

Why are people so concerned with stating a dr. I mean heck quit being so worried about him, he wasn't worried collecting your money.. And put some damn pics up with a before and after. Drives me crazy how many people think they are a tv star..

Sorry you get the blunt of this but people on here drive me crazy.. Bunch of pre madonnas.

have no before and after. Like I said only 5 hairs have broke surface of scalp so wont do any good if I had any

He did take some before and after but I didn't ask for any. Too excited about hair transplant. And no I will not name Doctor

have no before and after. Like I said only 5 hairs have broke surface of scalp so wont do any good if I had any

He did take some before and after but I didn't ask for any. Too excited about hair transplant. And no I will not name Doctor

Sorry friend, but there is nothing anyone here can do for you then.

You need to relax. How you can count five hairs new hairs in amongst areas where you had pre existing hair is beyond me and the photos can't tell us anything.

4 months is just the very start for most people so you shouldn't be concerned or talking of refunds. By 8-10 months you will have a much better idea of where you are at until then you need to be patient like others say.

Keep us posted of your progress.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

It's too early to tell anything right now. The 6-month period is a point where you may possibly determine a definition for normal growth or appearance.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You need to relax. How you can count five hairs new hairs in amongst areas where you had pre existing hair is beyond me and the photos can't tell us anything.

4 months is just the very start for most people so you shouldn't be concerned or talking of refunds. By 8-10 months you will have a much better idea of where you are at until then you need to be patient like others say.

Keep us posted of your progress.

Its simple.

I only have a few 100 hair's in front where the 2,000 grafts transplanted went in at.

The hair I already have is about 4 inches long each. Easy to move my old hair and see if any new hair has broken through.